Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 4 - Ivermectin doesn't work either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 5:

Steele13

All Australian
Mar 19, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
The other thing Ferguson said is that models are not reality, and it is usually years after the fact before you can judge if they were accurate.

The various modelling teams have to estimate and fudge and mess around with numbers that may or may not be good quality, to make a best guess as to what happens under different scenarios.

In the UK they dithered and wasted billions on things like track and trace from massive government services companies that were 1/50th as effective as local health authorities. They didn't put in any quarantine measures for international arrivals from what I recall. They sent elderly patients back to homes without any testing, cutting a swathe through that part of the population.

Johnson didn't even get the response right for a worst case scenario and it's 100k+ dead - even before you factor in the under-counting in the first wave due to inadequate testing systems (again, money given to massive government services companies).

And yet it's "Neil Ferguson's model" that gets the blame. It's incredible.
Nevertheless, his opinion packs weight. And they were for the most part wrong. Telling the media in the US their best case scenario was a million dead was irresponsible at best

Nope, they're too busy being glued to Brett Sutton & Andrew Bolt.

Life is just one great big soap opera.
So you’re more qualified than Sutton and all the medical people he consults with? Oh dear

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So you’re more qualified than Sutton and all the medical people he consults with? Oh dear

Qualified? Maybe.

Informed? Definitely.

Sutton is a political shill and a moron. I'll debate him on Sars-CoV-2 any time you can arrange it.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Sure, while you are at it you could tell him about the water filters.

I reckon I could tell him how to do his shoelaces, but he probably uses velcro anyway.

He's an idiot, so I can obviously see your attraction for him.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The lower socio economic classes aren't paying the bill.

The savings are the result government injections into household income and lower spending.
We're all paying the bill, because our corporate tax is bullshit and our personal tax rates are too high.
But the benefits of lockdowns financially, go disproportionately to the middle/upper class. More so than in normal times.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
1613861671571.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Qualified? Maybe.

Informed? Definitely.

Sutton is a political shill and a moron. I'll debate him on Sars-CoV-2 any time you can arrange it.
Sutton confers with all the CHOs and their teams. But no little Snake of BF armed with highlighter and his false qualifications is more informed than the gallery of medical experts. How deluded can you get? No surprise though.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
And yet so many have died.

No one is disputing that, my overriding point is about the lack of REAL information that filters through the bureaucracies, and down to the people.

There is a staggering amount of hype and misinformation surrounding this.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Sutton confers with all the CHOs and their teams. But no little Snake of BF armed with highlighter and his false qualifications is more informed than the gallery of medical experts. How deluded can you get? No surprise though.

As if you have the cognitive faculties to determine who is right & wrong. :D

You're definitely one of my favorite comedians on this board.:thumbsu:

As if you have the cognitive faculties to determine who is right & wrong. :D

You're definitely one of my favorite comedians on this board.:thumbsu:
All their resources that Australian best experts have but lonely ‘ol Snake and his yellow highlighter is more informed. That sir is top shelf gold standard tragic comedy.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
All their resources that Australian best experts have ...........

Here's the thing that escapes your tiny little mind.

It's not.

It's not even close.

The "best experts" do not become "best experts" because they are recruited to the bureaucracy.

It's beneath their scientific credibility to even contemplate such a thing.

The "best experts" actually work full time in their actual fields.

The bureaucracy is literally the toilet of the science community.

It's where the incompetent and socio-politically compromised go to get employment.

See if you can shoehorn this in to your brain and give yourself a "Eureka moment".

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Remember at the beginning of last year when it was all kicking off. At first it was all new and it was a bit of an unknown but the general consensus was if you were under 70, you washed your hands and surfaces, observed personal space, exercise, sunlight etc...all the things that we have always observed...you'd be fine.

A few were petrified but I think after a month or two of data, most realised that just a continuation of the usual social graces and hygiene practices would be enough to get us through.

So it was all going along swimmingly and then...Orange Man started opening his trap...at that exact point minds started exploding, formerly sane, reasonable posters went cuckoo and did complete 180s, Trump enthusiasts from every corner started to flood threads and voila, you have yourself a shitshow (see: entire world).

The correlation between Trump opening his mouth, dribble coming out and <-> zealots turning threads to s**t is a slam dunk.

Last edited:

Steele13

All Australian
Mar 19, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Remember at the beginning of last year when it was all kicking off. At first it was all new and it was a bit of an unknown but the general consensus was if you were under 70, you washed your hands and surfaces, observed personal space, exercise, sunlight etc...all the things that we have always observed...you'd be fine.

A few were petrified but I think after a month or two of data, most realised that just a continuation of the usual social graces and hygiene practices would be enough to get us through.

So it was all going along swimmingly and then...Orange Man started opening his trap...at that exact point minds started exploding, formerly sane, reasonable posters went cuckoo and did complete 180s, Trump enthusiasts from every corner started to flood threads and voila, you have yourself a shitshow (see: entire world).

The correlation between Trump opening his mouth, dribble coming out and <-> zealots turning threads to sh*t is a slam dunk.
I do wonder what would have happened in an alternate universe where Trump went hardcore lockdowns and compulsory masks. Somehow I can't imagine everyone would have been all of a sudden singing his praises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back