Training 2021 Pre-Season Training Discussion

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hmm, didn't Tilthorpe win (or finish in the first couple) the forwards 2km run? Yet he needs "miles in the legs"?

One assumes he needs match fitness miles otherwise I dunno what they could be talking about.
Winning a 2km run doesn’t mean he’s going to win in a 10km run, which is around the standard of running distance in an average match.

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Isn't that your quoted logic? 2km time is meaningless, it's you posted that.
I would appreciate it if you think about the context of the original post I was responding to, instead of just jumping in.
Carmo was saying he wasn't sure why RT needs more "miles in his legs" after winning a 2km time trial. The point I was making was that a 2km time trial doesn't prove a player can run out an entire AFL game. And the 10km I quoted, was the sort of average distance you'd need to run in a given game. Not saying RT can't perform in an AFL game, but the more running he does in training will bring him certainly more benefits in the coming years, to compete with the big opponents that are likely more match-fit than him at this stage.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would appreciate it if you think about the context of the original post I was responding to, instead of just jumping in.
Carmo was saying he wasn't sure why RT needs more "miles in his legs" after winning a 2km time trial. The point I was making was that a 2km time trial doesn't prove a player can run out an entire AFL game. And the 10km I quoted, was the sort of average distance you'd need to run in a given game. Not saying RT can't perform in an AFL game, but the more running he does in training will bring him certainly more benefits in the coming years, to compete with the big opponents that are likely more match-fit than him at this stage.

The point is that 10km is equally as meaningless as 2km. They can all run 10km, I'm not sure why you mentioned it.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd say the issue is Telstra's infrastructure they are forced to use is absolute garbage and cannot handle anything but an SD stream. Then they are also forced to directly upload that stream to YouTube

Yes, it's interesting. When I watched it live, and some of the replay in the afternoon, it was definitely only SD. However, when I watched the same Youtube stream after midnight, the quality was definitely better, perhaps approaching HD. So, I reckon you are right: it must be related to the network load at the particular time of watching.

Oct 7, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, it's interesting. When I watched it live, and some of the replay in the afternoon, it was definitely only SD. However, when I watched the same Youtube stream after midnight, the quality was definitely better, perhaps approaching HD. So, I reckon you are right: it must be related to the network load at the particular time of watching.
I'm on holiday and watched it streaming yesterday on my laptop (obviously not massive screen) with hotspot internet through my 5g mobile and looked absolutely fine.

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone
I'd say the issue is Telstra's infrastructure they are forced to use is absolute garbage and cannot handle anything but an SD stream. Then they are also forced to directly upload that stream to YouTube
I agree, the club's videos are generally high quality. This year they have been particularly good. As you say, Poor Telstra infrastructure is the most likely culprit.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The point is that 10km is equally as meaningless as 2km. They can all run 10km, I'm not sure why you mentioned it.
The question isn’t whether they can run out 10km. The context is more can you simply extrapolate endurance capacity from a 2km win into an AFL game run (roughly 10km)?

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
Mate, I'm completely calm.

You're the one who posted absolute nuffy rubbish about website hits and had multiple posters hold you to account over it.

You're 'mate'ing' me? Holding me to account? Jesus.

You're going on the ignore list, this means way too much to you, it's a nothing issue.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
You're 'mate'ing' me? Holding me to account? Jesus.

You're going on the ignore list, this means way too much to you, it's a nothing issue.
Again, you're the one that posted over the top rubbish to begin with. Not sure why you're now so upset that people actually pointed out where you were wrong.

Back