Training Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Casey fields , a convenient 15 min drive for me! Been waiting all my life for the tiges to play near me!
Better be open to the public or i will be pissed , though at casey should be able to see from behind fence..
Bugga.Too far for me.

wasn't it Mansell? Although I reckon Galluci gets the other. Mid season draft is a bit late in the year. I know Pickett did well but its emergency option only. Like a Houli retirement.

I disagree on mid season draft bring late, but instead think it’s early for the November draft.

Given the lack of footy last year there weren’t the normal late risers in the draft. Holding a mid season pick means we can watch the kids who missed out on proving themselves last year and take a flyer on them before the National draft.

Have the girls won a game yet ???
Not yet
Although they looked pretty good yesterday
Only lost by 5 points
Had a few things go the blues way including a dangerous tackle that took one of our main midfielder out of the game at a critical time for a concussion test
Definitely shown a lot of improvement this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen a good game yet from Casey Fields.
The SW wind blowing across the ground is sh!t .
Stand on the outer wing if you wsnt too see anything .
Casey fields , a convenient 15 min drive for me! Been waiting all my life for the tiges to play near me!
Better be open to the public or i will be pissed , though at casey should be able to see from behind fence..

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not yet
Only lost by 5 points
Had a few things go the blues way including a dangerous tackle that took one of our main midfielder out of the game at a critical time for a concussion test
Like the whole Qtr in which they kicked 4g

Not yet
Only lost by 5 points
Reckon the overall standard has increased this year. Been some cracking games. Comparing it to the men's top league is unfair, but for entertainment value it's fun to watch. They just keep improving and geez they go in hard !

Reckon the overall standard has increased this year. Been some cracking games. Comparing it to the men's top league is unfair, but for entertainment value it's fun to watch. They just keep improving and geez they go in hard !
Agree 100%
to be completely honest I checked out last season after one and a half games
I just found the standard to low and I couldn’t enjoy the games at all

Gave it another crack this season and loving it
The standard has grown massively and like you said they go hard
Found myself yesterday when watching the game riding the highs and lows like any other game of footy
Swearing at the tv and jumping up off the couch

It’s not perfect but great entertainment and exciting to see how it will continue to develop

Channel 9, owns The Age, etc, always running down the footy.
ABC paupers.
Don't have the footy media rights, can't afford them.
Best wishes to Caro and all that but she has never broken a single sports story.
Waste of space, waste of time.
Gaz and Tim would have been wetting themselves with excitement to get Dimma to give them 15 minutes of his time on SEN.
Gaz said at the end he was grateful.

Last edited:
Thanks for that! I have one question, did our kicks inside 50s and kicking for goal look better? If there ever was a knock on our Premiership team then it would be accuracy in front of goal and wasting inside 50s.

Was the amount of scoring shots we got more to do with the amount of inside 50s or did you notice cleaner entries than before as well?
I'll answer with respect to the Yellows as they were the bulk of our AFL team.

Kicking 23.8 is pretty accurate. The only set shot within the 'vee' I can remember being missed was Lynch in the first quarter from about 40 out on a 45 degree angle. The Yellows had a run of behinds late in the 2nd qtr but they were mostly loose ball snaps. The ball was locked in the Yellows' forward 50 so there were more snap chances than during the 1st or 3rd qtrs. The Yellows couldn't miss in the 3rd qtr. They kicked 11 straight goals.

The speed of ball movement meant the Yellows found a marking target inside 50 regularly. There were very few stagnant plays with forced kicks down the line. Remember Dusty not being happy when someone kicked down the line rather than switch the play. Most of the time it was a 30m kick, mark, play on immediately to hit up the next teammate. No one stopped and propped. Too early to judge if the man on the mark rule makes this easier. More often than not the ball coming out of defence was switched to the fat side or the Yellows had a lead up target in the centre square/corridor and linked up through the centre of the ground (The Reds were also trying to switch but they were slower, went wider and lacked the cohesion to cut through the Yellows). Once inside 50, if the forward with the ball was by the boundary then the Yellow forwards would quickly pass to another forward closer or in a better shot position. Obviously that's easier to do against an inexperienced Reds/VFL side than another more experienced top AFL side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back