Women's Footy AFLW Round 4, Brisbane v Adelaide, Sunday at Hickey Park.

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

******* red time goals. Gave up three in the dying minutes and lost by 12. That and our poor disposal was where we lost the game. Still, we can definitely run with the best hr a very disappointing result. Wish that jessie had backed herself in when she had the chance for a goal!

Stronger team won......back to the drawing board for some tweaking. Not disgraced and not that far off. Tahu looked good for a first game and the inexperience of our KPF showed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bright side, think about how good orla, greta and Dakota will be with another pre season. If orla can develop a right foot she will be absolutely among the best in the league in a couple of years.

Just a little more class in the midfield and well be right among it

Bright side, think about how good orla, greta and Dakota will be with another pre season. If orla can develop a right foot she will be absolutely among the best in the league in a couple of years.

Just a little more class in the midfield and well be right among it
Some strong class....we r bit light on in the guts... they just run over us.

Some strong class....we r bit light on in the guts... they just run over us.

Youd think Cathy svarc would have the making of a strong inside mid but she doesn't seem to have a lot of confidence in her handballs and short disposals. Will be interesting to see who can step up - orla has the athleticism and tank but might be lacking the build. Could be better continuing on the wing

I attended the game at Hickey Park. The weather was hot again but nowhere near as bad as two weeks ago. Crowd number about the same or a little less.
We started slow again. Crows should have been 4/5 goals up by half time. Better team won on the day

Having said that we did fight back and played quite well in patches against a much stronger opponent than the first 3 rounds

I mentioned to my daughter half way through the 1st quarter the match up on Phillips was way wrong
I suggested Orla should have been given the job (advise Ola during the week) with instructions to not think about out-marking Phillips just spoil and follow her everywhere
Orla has the pace and height to run with Phillips. Would have been different for her but i think that would have been the best matchup today
Phillips is a hard matchup because she plays forward & midfield not to mention she is very good at everything.
Shut Phillips down and you are 3/4 way to winning against Adelaide
They tried a few others during the game but not much success.

Lions lack a midfielder that not only racks up possessions but is damaging. We need to find one next year. About time we stole one from another club.

They should not be disheartened by the loss but will have to improve to win against the other top 5 sides.

Youd think Cathy svarc would have the making of a strong inside mid but she doesn't seem to have a lot of confidence in her handballs and short disposals. Will be interesting to see who can step up - orla has the athleticism and tank but might be lacking the build. Could be better continuing on the wing
Cathy is good...took the game on a couple of times...shows a bit of grunt and hard running with the ball...she will only get better...

I attended the game at Hickey Park. The weather was hot again but nowhere near as bad as two weeks ago. Crowd number about the same or a little less.
We started slow again. Crows should have been 4/5 goals up by half time. Better team won on the day

Having said that we did fight back and played quite well in patches against a much stronger opponent than the first 3 rounds

I mentioned to my daughter half way through the 1st quarter the match up on Phillips was way wrong
I suggested Orla should have been given the job (advise Ola during the week) with instructions to not think about out-marking Phillips just spoil and follow her everywhere
Orla has the pace and height to run with Phillips. Would have been different for her but i think that would have been the best matchup today
Phillips is a hard matchup because she plays forward & midfield not to mention she is very good at everything.
Shut Phillips down and you are 3/4 way to winning against Adelaide
They tried a few others during the game but not much success.

Lions lack a midfielder that not only racks up possessions but is damaging. We need to find one next year. About time we stole one from another club.

They should not be disheartened by the loss but will have to improve to win against the other top 5 sides.

Great post Section 5

Back