News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Fully appreciate that footy clubs need to run a tight ship as far as expenses go ...

... and now more than ever before ...

... but gee, aren’t they taking it a bit far worrying about the cost of streaming an intra club match during the pre-season?!?

Shouldn’t they be looking for ways to deliver value to their members in the middle of a pandemic?

That what I thought too.

Don't think it hard to get a Camera and Hook it up to a Computer and then Stream on something like Youtube. Use the one they do for Coaches Video

We not Expecting TV Quality Footage/Coverage

Other Clubs seem to do it or at least have some Video Highlights on what Happened

I saw Local Bowling Streamed on Facebook
Obviously cricket and bowls are easier sports to cover than AFL, but no one is asking them to do it to a television broadcast standard. I don't see what makes a bare bones stream expensive to run. Admittedly, its not my area of expertise so would be happy if anyone can offer any insights into what makes it cost prohibitive.

Obviously cricket and bowls are easier sports to cover than AFL, but no one is asking them to do it to a television broadcast standard. I don't see what makes a bare bones stream expensive to run. Admittedly, its not my area of expertise so would be happy if anyone can offer any insights into what makes it cost prohibitive.

Get Sponsers to Sponser it so even make money on it

Lots of people will still be working and picking kids up from school. I'll try and finish up early if its streamed but even on a Friday things can pop up that require attention in the afternoon.

Well Hopefully they put up the Video up afterwards so people can still watch the Game IF people can't see it

Maybe they'll move the practice match to Thursday or play it at a different ground now that AFLW has been scheduled in Geelong.

Maybe but IF they do that they might not be a Stream of the Game at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope not but if that was the case I would definitely prefer an afternoon start on Friday with a stream!

Might work out well as Camera's be there Already for the TV Women's Game ;)

Disappointed Apples doesn't get another chance. He was seeming quite settled into our back 6 until he did that hammy. Could never recapture his spot.

Skinner is an interesting 1. Taken at something like pick 45-50 by the Bears but had a terrible run with injuries. Is he like Scharenberg and his injury issues have diminished the skills and potential he was perceived to have when drafted?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back