News New Jumpers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a rather unsubtle hint that Port wants to get rid of teal.
Black, white and grey just works for me for some reason. Seems like a better evolution from the black and white of the Magpies, it's unique enough to tell them apart from Collingwood, and they can ditch the 90s teal for good.

I think it's a rather unsubtle hint that Port wants to get rid of teal.
Not get rid, just minimise it. So it's at least still in our back pocket (along with silver/grey) for alternate jumpers.

I hope those coast jumpers are better in the flesh cause they are a disgrace in photos.

Looked better in person but still not great.

What bothered me in person was how "low res" the jumper looked. The logos and everything looks blurry - this is very very noticeable with the jock tag.
You could say the jumper looked like it was in standard definition and not high definition.
Its a bit of a common issue though, the Crows replicas have this issue kinda too but not as bad.

Still dying to see Tigers wear their clash jumper with black shorts

Black, white and grey just works for me for some reason. Seems like a better evolution from the black and white of the Magpies, it's unique enough to tell them apart from Collingwood, and they can ditch the 90s teal for good.

I really like the combination too, much more than the teal version, and it looks even better now with the black collar/cuffs imo. I don’t think we’ll ever get rid of teal though. It comes in handy for certain branding applications (e.g. stadium lighting) but it’ll definitely be a minor colour from here on out.

That said I wouldn’t be completely opposed to a teal clash if the original Prison Bars got a regular gig.

Nup. Gotta be Ports worst chevrons yet! The collar sucks, the chevrons are bigger than ever before and is it just me or is the top chevron bigger than the bottom on both the home and clash?

The silver jumper looks like the perfect jumper for the Power Reserves now they no longer use the magpie as their logo. RIP Prison Bars. :) ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I laugh when Port Fans complain that they can’t get to wear ‘their’ Black and White Jumper (Magpies Prison Bar)
Get over it Port ur colours are: Black, Teal Blue, White and maybe Silver now too. Ur not the Magpies in the AFL u are the Power! If Collingwood weren’t in the AFL then yeah u could’ve wore it but Vic Bias for the first 80 years

I laugh when Port Fans complain that they can’t get to wear ‘their’ Black and White Jumper (Magpies Prison Bar)
Get over it Port ur colours are: Black, Teal Blue, White and maybe Silver now too. Ur not the Magpies in the AFL u are the Power! If Collingwood weren’t in the AFL then yeah u could’ve wore it but Vic Bias for the first 80 years
Be careful. You’ll start WW3

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Not sure why you brought this up as you're a noted troll but I'll bite and put it in the simplest terms:
- Nobody wants our nickname as the Magpies in the AFL
- A lot of the clubs wear jumpers that don't contain every club colour (as in Port, Essendon and Carlton not wearing silver on their home jumpers)
- The Prison Bars are our longest used jumper, even counting our AFL jumpers so it is our jumper
- 34 of our 37 flags were won in the bars - synonymous with success
- Clash jumpers exist, we could have the same clash jumper arrangement that we already do vs Collingwood
It really isn't hard to comprehend, you're just being close-minded and deliberately provocative.

Not sure why you brought this up as you're a noted troll but I'll bite and put it in the simplest terms:
- A lot of the clubs wear jumpers that don't contain every club colour (as in Port, Essendon and Carlton not wearing silver on their home jumpers)
- The Prison Bars are our longest used jumper, even counting our AFL jumpers so it is our jumper
- Clash jumpers exist, we could have the same clash jumper arrangement that we already do vs Collingwood
It really isn't hard to comprehend, you're just being close-minded and deliberately provocative.
I like your points, and do not wish to partake in pb related comments.

But are the silver for the dons were used as part of the clash/"heritage" kit when red was classified as a dark colour. Also some of those nike kits for Carlton were very close to silver.

I mean, this is a fun position to have from an antagonistic point of view in that is sure to rustle some jimmys, but I'm not sure I agree. Port being truely Port will only be good for our rivalry. I'd be watching my team go up against our rivals in the same jumper that my grandparents did back in the day, a bit of history that I've never felt that connected to because the Power have always felt quite different from the Magpies of the SANFL. Just good for SA football in general.

The fact that you wrote a long dot pointed response shows how much the “troll” got to you champ

Breaking up the posts of South Australian rivalry, I saw the West Coast Castore guernseys in person for the first time today and by god, they are the thinnest pieces of clothing I have ever seen, they're thinner than the last 3 years worth of ISC guernseys. Annoyingly I've spotted more clubs are heat pressing the Official AFL tags inside the guernseys or other pieces of apparel rather than the old fashioned (and better) embroidered tags

Breaking up the posts of South Australian rivalry, I saw the West Coast Castore guernseys in person for the first time today and by god, they are the thinnest pieces of clothing I have ever seen, they're thinner than the last 3 years worth of ISC guernseys. Annoyingly I've spotted more clubs are heat pressing the Official AFL tags inside the guernseys or other pieces of apparel rather than the old fashioned (and better) embroidered tags

I don’t mind how puma heat presses theirs, because the design still look professional. But what classic and majestic did for brissy looked so second rate it’s not funny, in my opinion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back