Oppo Camp Oliver Henry (Traded to Geelong 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical Geelong player. He'll join Bartell and Kelly as most eligible bachelor AFL award.

Don't Care as long as he is a Gun Footballer at Collingwood and at least as good as those 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least if he wants to join his bro at Geelong at some stage we know they wont be interested for another 13 years
Funnily enough, in the rumour thread on the draft board there was a poster claiming to be a relative who said Henry would request a trade back to Geelong after his first contract. I hope he’s full of s**t, mainly because if the kid has that many tickets on himself that he thinks the cats will be super keen to trade for him in two years then he probably won’t end up making it at all.

Funnily enough, in the rumour thread on the draft board there was a poster claiming to be a relative who said Henry would request a trade back to Geelong after his first contract. I hope he’s full of sh*t, mainly because if the kid has that many tickets on himself that he thinks the cats will be super keen to trade for him in two years then he probably won’t end up making it at all.

99% of those Rumors are total BS

Looked Super Happy Him and his Family where super happy and Melbourne not far from Geelong.

Might been a Worry IF he went Inter-State

Funnily enough, in the rumour thread on the draft board there was a poster claiming to be a relative who said Henry would request a trade back to Geelong after his first contract. I hope he’s full of sh*t, mainly because if the kid has that many tickets on himself that he thinks the cats will be super keen to trade for him in two years then he probably won’t end up making it at all.
I doubt he’d want to go down to Geelong after the geriatrics all retire at once and they’re a basket case for a decade. Staggers me that not many seem to see this. The oldest list in history got rid of 2 of their best kids for Cameron and 2 x 32 year olds. They’re cooked after next year.

Looks like he can do a lot of the things people hoped we would draft Fogarty to do a couple of years back, before we took Stephenson and Fogarty slid to Adelaide.

I can't say I saw him play this year. How did Fogarty go?
He was ok, obviously in a terrible side. He’s a bit one-dimensional at this stage in his development. I feel they should model him on Yeo as a dangerous, strong marking player who can have stints in midfield.

Hi Dave - are you able to post the full article please?
Collingwood’s bold decision to trade Adam Treloar could deliver it some early rewards this season with exciting first-year forward Oliver Henry already pressing his case for senior selection.
The Magpies took the versatile Henry with pick 17 in the draft, which the club received from the Western Bulldogs for Treloar in the frantic final hour of last year’s trade period.

While the choice was seen as a light return for one of the competition’s most prolific ballwinners, Henry has emerged as an encouraging silver lining of the tumultuous deal.

Henry, whose brother Jack is a key defender at Geelong, made a strong impression in an intra-club game on Friday night when the exciting goalkicker took some excellent marks and slotted two majors.

It continues an impressive summer campaign for the unflappable teen who has looked comfortable at the level throughout Collingwood’s match simulation sessions over the past month.

The former Geelong Falcon was highly rated for his ability to read the play and intercept mark in the underage system and was one of the best players in the Magpies’ city versus country scratch match.

Watch every match of the 2021 AAMI Community Series LIVE on Kayo. New to Kayo? Get your free trial now & start streaming instantly >

Recruiters last year said they saw shades of Port Adelaide’s Connor Rozee in Henry for his ability to impact the play and hit the scoreboard in the forward half.

“He is someone who can do some special things, especially in the air,” said Geelong Falcons’ regional manager Michael Turner.

“You put him in defence and he will intercept mark and then when he goes forward he kicks goals, so he is a really exciting talent.”

High-tackling small forward Beau McReery, 19, is also in the mix for a spot at Collingwood in the early rounds, while the club has high hopes for young key forward Will Kelly after an injury-ruined 2020.

Superstar ruckman Brodie Grundy was also prominent on Friday night as he looks to rebound from a modest season in which the gun big man was down on his outstanding 2019 form.

Collingwood looks set to thrust Jordan De Goey into the midfield more this season to help cover Treloar’s absence, potentially creating opportunity for another forward such as Henry to step up in attack.

De Goey is in prime condition despite a recent groin niggle and impressed Collingwood coaches for his training program and dedication in the off-season after signing a contract extension.

De Goey copped a knock to the ankle in the scratch match but is fine.

Collingwood made the call to punt Treloar and Jaidyn Stephenson largely to help relieve its bulging salary cap but their departure also helped the Pies invest heavily in last year’s draft.

Henry, who was linked to one of Essendon’s first three picks inside the top 10, was one who unexpectedly slid on draft night to Collingwood’s first choice.

“Oli was rated really highly with us in terms of what he can offer in terms of our flexibility aerially in the front end and at both ends of the ground,” recruiting manager Derek Hine said on draft night.

“We were really pleased and probably a little bit surprised (he was still there). After the first seven or eight picks the draft really opened up so we had a little bit of luck there.”

Henry will have another chance to impress when Collingwood takes on Geelong in the informal practice game this weekend.

I was told by Mark Anderson CEO last night, when my friends and I bumped into him at the footy, that Henry could play round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back