• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Now that it is all done, was running the Aus Open worth it this year? With the amount of money that Tennis Australia has lost on it, the amount of negative publicity it attracted in some quarters, the lack of crowds (both during the 5 days and the rest of the tournament), I am not sure that it was.

and if the other lot were in the tournament wouldn't have been allowed to run at all. Or maybe it would have. They said it should run and then 10 days later said it shouldn't. They also said that all the bats should be slaughtered around the Yarra because they would give us all Coronavirus.

Tournament should have continued all the way through though. No shock there weren’t any issues lol

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Msm going on about The Australian Anthem..

Nuts..

I know it's ******* insane

I didn't even know they changed the words, but they want that chick sent to the Gulags

Now that it is all done, was running the Aus Open worth it this year? With the amount of money that Tennis Australia has lost on it, the amount of negative publicity it attracted in some quarters, the lack of crowds (both during the 5 days and the rest of the tournament), I am not sure that it was.

Absolutely it was. If nothing else gave Australians something to look forward to

Thank god for Murray and Stan.

Such a shame Del Potro got injured and has never been the same. I am assuming he’s still injured

Sep 21, 2008
docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
Well, Twitter love him and he's winning all the opinion polls comfortably...
1613905828178.gif

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
yes. The negative publicity won't stick long term. Massive financial hole, but that was happening regardless if it happened or not.

Yep, still injured and sadly lost his father recently.

DelPo hasn't played a slam since the 2019 French Open.

That’s right. Hope he comes back. Those injuries have wrecked a 10+ Slam career

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
I thought TA's basis was to take the hit for this year so they wouldn't lose momentum for 2022 and beyond

I'd say maybe just pipped by 2019 when he took Nadal to the cleaners.

Fair. That was the other one. There wasn’t much Mededev could have done Novak was dead set playing lights out and hitting the ball on the baseline every shot

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
One thing that was mentioned beforehand, but there were a lot more serbs in the crowd than a normal AO final. Normally they can't get tickets because it would be sold out months in advance.

Can't deny that Novak loves his Serbian fans as much as they love him.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
It’s probably the best final Novak has ever played, probably made less than 10 errors the whole match and 3 were in that game he dropped serve
It really did feel like he didn’t miss a thing from the baseline. He was unbelievable, just a rock. And he was hitting huge too. It was definitely one of his greatest performances ever .

NeutralFan

All Australian
Feb 15, 2015
Somewhere, Probably
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, ATP
Is Sam Groth an idiot? He just asked the question of Djokovic, where does he get his motivation from?

It is bloody OBVIOUS!!!! Djokovic wants the GS record. That is what is driving him clear as day.
Interviewers usually want people to say something from their own mouths. He knew exactly what he was doing with that question lol.

Back