Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Omg omg I said I wouldn't, buuuuuutt

Peak WoW.
lessgooo now i really got to get to 60 lol

BC is when i first played wow back in 07 so very keen

interesting what they are doing with the servers people will be able to choose between wow classic or going to classic tbc

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
lessgooo now i really got to get to 60 lol

BC is when i first played wow back in 07 so very keen

interesting what they are doing with the servers people will be able to choose between wow classic or going to classic tbc

I couldn't find it in that Wowhead link but supposedly they're going to allow for a fresh 58 on BC servers. I hope this is the case. I couldn't be bothered getting to 60 in Classic by the time the nostalgia wore off.

I really really want to play BC again. It was the best period of WoW IMO and it was the peak of my WoW "career" along with WotLK. One of the issues I had in Classic, especially at launch and I don't know if it changed, was that everyone was a total sweat. Everyone was just racing to 60, there as no chill and everyone had a know it all attitude. I couldn't write a single thing into guild chat or Discord without some nerd going "ackhtually". I also like to play other games and am trying to make a point of not getting bogged down by an MMO or GaaS sort of game again. At least with BC the real chore and daily grind doesn't really begin until Sunwell with Isle dailies and Sunreavers rep. If I do get into BC I think it will be on the proviso that they offer even a single use level 58 boost, and I'll probably start my own chill AF guild where no sweats will be allowed and there will be no pressure to race through content. I also spent BC and LK as a main tank which is probably the only way I'll play again, and it's pretty hard trying to join other guilds as a tank. So I'll just be my own lol.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
I made a horde priest for classic and managed 7/8 T1 with Benediction before the guild fell apart and I gave up.

If I have a crack at TBC I'll be alliance due to the population imbalance, horde was dominated for classic and will be even worst with bloodelfs entering.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I wonder what the belf population would be like. Obviously at the time they were popular because they were kind of human like, not to mention all the creepy dudes and weebs that rolled a female belf (may or may not have been a female belf prot pally until I could sex change in WotLK).

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I couldn't find it in that Wowhead link but supposedly they're going to allow for a fresh 58 on BC servers. I hope this is the case. I couldn't be bothered getting to 60 in Classic by the time the nostalgia wore off.

I really really want to play BC again. It was the best period of WoW IMO and it was the peak of my WoW "career" along with WotLK. One of the issues I had in Classic, especially at launch and I don't know if it changed, was that everyone was a total sweat. Everyone was just racing to 60, there as no chill and everyone had a know it all attitude. I couldn't write a single thing into guild chat or Discord without some nerd going "ackhtually". I also like to play other games and am trying to make a point of not getting bogged down by an MMO or GaaS sort of game again. At least with BC the real chore and daily grind doesn't really begin until Sunwell with Isle dailies and Sunreavers rep. If I do get into BC I think it will be on the proviso that they offer even a single use level 58 boost, and I'll probably start my own chill AF guild where no sweats will be allowed and there will be no pressure to race through content. I also spent BC and LK as a main tank which is probably the only way I'll play again, and it's pretty hard trying to join other guilds as a tank. So I'll just be my own lol.
oh its always and will always be full of sweats that will never change its impossible to lvl now just because no one does dungeons and just boosts there characters i actually wanna do it legit but its gonna be hard i just started a druid,

yea i only play it to chill put some music on and chill, we should get the big footy wow guild going lmao

i wonder when the release will be

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
I wonder what the belf population would be like. Obviously at the time they were popular because they were kind of human like, not to mention all the creepy dudes and weebs that rolled a female belf (may or may not have been a female belf prot pally until I could sex change in WotLK).
Also the belfs racial spell of silence is OP and everyone knows that's now.

I expect an imbalance of 20/80 in favour for horde.

If you reroll Dwwaino, I would consider making an alliance warlock

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
oh its always and will always be full of sweats that will never change its impossible to lvl now just because no one does dungeons and just boosts there characters i actually wanna do it legit but its gonna be hard i just started a druid,

yea i only play it to chill put some music on and chill, we should get the big footy wow guild going lmao

i wonder when the release will be

Those sorts of sweats are why I'd be more inclined to start my own guild or something. I just want to chill, run dungeons/heroics, and of course eventually raid. And it won't be mandatory for everyone to roll leatherworking for drums lol. Good thing about BC is only needing 10 to do Kara, but if I stuck it out I'd definitely be keen to grow it to a full blown raiding guild because BT, Hyjal and SSC are still to this day my favourite raids. I also never clear Sunwell when it was current, only got as far as Eredar Twins. We never exactly had Brutalus or Felmyst on farm so it wasn't guaranteed to get past and then that long trash run to Twins was brutal! Pretty sure everyone on Bigfooty who plays/has played prefer different factions though. I only dabble in retail these days (though Shadowlands is the first time I haven't renewed for a new expansion) and play Alliance, but in classic I had to roll Horde with the same name as my old main because I wanted to see if I'd run into any old guild mates, and I did. So that would definitely be my plan again.

I think I saw something about it being as soon as April or something? I'm in the WoW oceanic group on FB so I often get confused what I read on there vs a reputable news source lol. The thing is the Mass Effect trilogy remaster is May, and it's for reasons like that I'm still a bit on the fence about bogging myself down with another MMO.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Also the belfs racial spell of silence is OP and everyone knows that's now.

I expect an imbalance of 20/80 in favour for horde.

If you reroll Dwwaino, I would consider making an alliance warlock

That AoE silence is what made belf prot pallies indispensable! It was so handy to be able to Leeroy into a trash pack, hit the silence so the casters would fall into me and then I'd drop a conc. Seal of light to help the healer as I was getting hit enough to keep up mana, and dealing out a few HoJs for my own CC. That was the good life. I just hated Azgalor in Hyjal. That fight was a prot pally's worst nightmare lol. That's when our prot warrior OT became MT and I just stood in the corner, oomed in seconds and offered the raid encouragement.

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Those sorts of sweats are why I'd be more inclined to start my own guild or something. I just want to chill, run dungeons/heroics, and of course eventually raid. And it won't be mandatory for everyone to roll leatherworking for drums lol. Good thing about BC is only needing 10 to do Kara, but if I stuck it out I'd definitely be keen to grow it to a full blown raiding guild because BT, Hyjal and SSC are still to this day my favourite raids. I also never clear Sunwell when it was current, only got as far as Eredar Twins. We never exactly had Brutalus or Felmyst on farm so it wasn't guaranteed to get past and then that long trash run to Twins was brutal! Pretty sure everyone on Bigfooty who plays/has played prefer different factions though. I only dabble in retail these days (though Shadowlands is the first time I haven't renewed for a new expansion) and play Alliance, but in classic I had to roll Horde with the same name as my old main because I wanted to see if I'd run into any old guild mates, and I did. So that would definitely be my plan again.

I think I saw something about it being as soon as April or something? I'm in the WoW oceanic group on FB so I often get confused what I read on there vs a reputable news source lol. The thing is the Mass Effect trilogy remaster is May, and it's for reasons like that I'm still a bit on the fence about bogging myself down with another MMO.
i have completely given up on retail i just cant get into it anymore it doesnt feel like im playing wow anymore i tried shadowlands and couldnt get into it at all probs the least ive played a new expansion.

i really havent had anyone close to me to play with and everytime id join a guild they end up dying so like im down for any faction and guild ahah, damn really april? thats so close i really gotta get on my bike and get this druid to 60 im currently 7 ahah

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
i have completely given up on retail i just cant get into it anymore it doesnt feel like im playing wow anymore i tried shadowlands and couldnt get into it at all probs the least ive played a new expansion.

i really havent had anyone close to me to play with and everytime id join a guild they end up dying so like im down for any faction and guild ahah, damn really april? thats so close i really gotta get on my bike and get this druid to 60 im currently 7 ahah

Yeah retail is s**t. I thought about getting back into and joined a guild late in BFA. I did one raid which was my first since Dragonsoul way back in Cata. They carried me through heroic Nyalotha, I got the AOTC achievement and the mount, and I never returned lol. I have always play expansions day one, got to level cap and would do a few weeks of mythic dungeons or raid finder, but for Shadowlands I just lost all interest. The idea of covenants and stuff sounded so stupid. Dumb gimmicks, bring back talent trees and gear/raid sets.

My characters on retail all also wear full T6, have Hand of A'dal title and ride netherdrakes lol. Stuck in the past much? Haha

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah retail is sh*t. I thought about getting back into and joined a guild late in BFA. I did one raid which was my first since Dragonsoul way back in Cata. They carried me through heroic Nyalotha, I got the AOTC achievement and the mount, and I never returned lol. I have always play expansions day one, got to level cap and would do a few weeks of mythic dungeons or raid finder, but for Shadowlands I just lost all interest. The idea of covenants and stuff sounded so stupid. Dumb gimmicks, bring back talent trees and gear/raid sets.

My characters on retail all also wear full T6, have Hand of A'dal title and ride netherdrakes lol. Stuck in the past much? Haha
yup i dont think i lasted a week with shadowlands i think thats the first time that has happened, i thought with the success with classic they were going to bring classic type elements to shadowlands so i was actually keen but nah it was wack

super keen for tbc tho like started in 07 but i was like 9 or 10 and didnt know what i was doing lol now i know what im doing i want to experience it fully

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
FB_IMG_1613796562571.jpg

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
man i can never get a druid to lvl 20 i always get bored of em now im thinking maybe i do hunter lol

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I have never leveled a druid to max. In early expansions I was always interested in their utility but when leveling one I lost interest with all the class quests for the different forms and stuff. I felt the same with shamans and the tedious elemental totem quests. Then in later expansions I wasn't that interested in playing boomy or cat when I could just play another more interesting dedicated caster or a rogue.

I played right through BC and LK as a prot pally but if I play BC Classic I'll be a prot warrior. Hopefully there is word soon about being able to start a character at 58 or not. My warrior on Classic is currently 50 and I have no interest in going through Hinterlands and Plaguelands.

Might use this as an expression of interest. Who here would be interested in a non-sweaty PvE guild? No rush to hit 70 or clear content and minimal raiding nights. There won't be enough from here to make up even a 10 man raid team but wondering if there might be a core to start off. And if anyone is indeed interested then would their preference be Horde or Alliance, and PvP realm or PvE realm.

For me personally it would be Horde on PvP even though I suck at PvP and generally avoid it, but I always preferred the rush of being ganked and open world PvP. Preference is only Horse because of the chance of running into old guild mates, but that is definitely negotiate.

I'm also only offering to start up and GM a guild because through BC and LK I was a main tank and raid leader, and even GM'd my guild for a while so I've done it before.

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I have never leveled a druid to max. In early expansions I was always interested in their utility but when leveling one I lost interest with all the class quests for the different forms and stuff. I felt the same with shamans and the tedious elemental totem quests. Then in later expansions I wasn't that interested in playing boomy or cat when I could just play another more interesting dedicated caster or a rogue.

I played right through BC and LK as a prot pally but if I play BC Classic I'll be a prot warrior. Hopefully there is word soon about being able to start a character at 58 or not. My warrior on Classic is currently 50 and I have no interest in going through Hinterlands and Plaguelands.

Might use this as an expression of interest. Who here would be interested in a non-sweaty PvE guild? No rush to hit 70 or clear content and minimal raiding nights. There won't be enough from here to make up even a 10 man raid team but wondering if there might be a core to start off. And if anyone is indeed interested then would their preference be Horde or Alliance, and PvP realm or PvE realm.

For me personally it would be Horde on PvP even though I suck at PvP and generally avoid it, but I always preferred the rush of being ganked and open world PvP. Preference is only Horse because of the chance of running into old guild mates, but that is definitely negotiate.

I'm also only offering to start up and GM a guild because through BC and LK I was a main tank and raid leader, and even GM'd my guild for a while so I've done it before.
yea im switching to hunter lol lvl 1 from now lets see how quick i can get to 60,

oh im completely down for a chill guild. like i usually play Alliance but id be down to start a blood elf for BC ahah but 100 percent pvp server just makes things more fun and interesting

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

I’m keen, I’ve alway been interested in getting into WoW.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Wish I had as much time as I did 10 years ago... But with a Mrs and 3 kids... It's hard... And the game is still so grindy... Really enjoying it don't get me wrong... And I love raiding but the whole you need to grind this and that or get left behind sucks.. specially due to having a little bit of a life I started behind the 8ball when Shadowlands came out as it is.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Wish I had as much time as I did 10 years ago... But with a Mrs and 3 kids... It's hard... And the game is still so grindy... Really enjoying it don't get me wrong... And I love raiding but the whole you need to grind this and that or get left behind sucks.. specially due to having a little bit of a life I started behind the 8ball when Shadowlands came out as it is.

That's going to be the biggest issue with most people. I just got off a couple years of solid Destiny and remembered why I had to drop WoW when I did. 15 years ago I was single and living alone so I'd get home from work, heat up some quick dinner and jump on WoW all night, every night. No kids but a missus and there is no way I could do that ever again. I like to play other games too. I'd really love to experience BC in all of its glory again though so at the moment I'm just trying to see how I could fit it in. Not going to set anything in stone but I'm thinking something like 2 nights a week for T4 content - that's two nights for Kara, and later on when Kara is on farm and moving into 25 man to squeeze in Gruul's and Mag. For Kara there really isn't any need to have skills at max, reputations are nice for some easy pre-raid blues but nothing some heroic dungeons won't fix. The biggest grind will be just getting to 70 and smashing out Kara attunement. Thinking later starts though for anyone with kids to get to bed and for others like me who have obligations like dinner and TV time with the wifey before vidya gaems. Something like 8:30'ish to 11:30'ish.

hornetswce

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
That's going to be the biggest issue with most people. I just got off a couple years of solid Destiny and remembered why I had to drop WoW when I did. 15 years ago I was single and living alone so I'd get home from work, heat up some quick dinner and jump on WoW all night, every night. No kids but a missus and there is no way I could do that ever again. I like to play other games too. I'd really love to experience BC in all of its glory again though so at the moment I'm just trying to see how I could fit it in. Not going to set anything in stone but I'm thinking something like 2 nights a week for T4 content - that's two nights for Kara, and later on when Kara is on farm and moving into 25 man to squeeze in Gruul's and Mag. For Kara there really isn't any need to have skills at max, reputations are nice for some easy pre-raid blues but nothing some heroic dungeons won't fix. The biggest grind will be just getting to 70 and smashing out Kara attunement. Thinking later starts though for anyone with kids to get to bed and for others like me who have obligations like dinner and TV time with the wifey before vidya gaems. Something like 8:30'ish to 11:30'ish.

Sounds ok to me, young bloke is in bed anywhere from 7:30 onwards.

I’ve always wanted to get into WoW, I didn’t have a PC when I was younger so missed out.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon
Alliance and PvP server.

Horde is in favour of all servers, rather be on the underdog side and actually have more opponents to kill in world pvp.

Gnome or human warlock I would be, might be twisted in a dwarf priest maybe.

But I'm probably dreaming, vanilla classic was good but it was never the same and TBC classic will be good but you can't relive the same experiences.

Last edited:

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Alliance and PvP server.

Horde is in favour of all servers, rather be on the underdog side and actually have more opponents to kill in world pvp.

Gnome or human warlock I would be, might be twisted in a dwarf priest maybe.

But I'm probably dreaming, vanilla classic was good but it was never the same and TBC classic will be good but you can't relive the same experiences.
thats literally how i feel lol every server is so dominated by horde id much rather be the underdog makes things more satisfying ahah

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I got abit excited and downloaded WoW classic last night haha. Is there anything I can do to get a a head start?

im currently leveling a new character atm so ill be playing alot so if ya want help i can deffs help ya out,

im playing on the server Yojamba and am alliance

but besides that YT videos can give alot of help

Back