Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
I was just adding a point. So they were booing the government?

Remember the Essendon suppporters booed Pendlebury when he won the bog medal? They actually booed because they felt they were done wrong by the umpires. Along those lines. Anything relating to this incompetent govt you'd get a negative reaction. Don't think it had anything to do with the vaccine on it's own. Accompanied with the government.. different story re.

There is a 3 week break between jabs for Pfizer and 12 weeks for the AstraZeneca. Anyone know if the AZ break can be less. If able to go overseas (unlikely) mid year, would not want to be held up by the enforced break.

It was originally set at around the 3 - 4 week mark based on clinical trials, just like the Pfizer vaccine. The UK govt made a decision to change the interval to 12 weeks in order to get more of the population covered by at least one dose. The data for efficacy at the 12 week interval is just catching up or confirming that this interval is ok and has no impact on immune response. I’m not sure if the 12 weeks is being scheduled here or if we are adhering to the 3 week recommended interval.

Mar 5, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
It was originally set at around the 3 - 4 week mark based on clinical trials, just like the Pfizer vaccine. The UK govt made a decision to change the interval to 12 weeks in order to get more of the population covered by at least one dose. The data for efficacy at the 12 week interval is just catching up or confirming that this interval is ok and has no impact on immune response. I’m not sure if the 12 weeks is being scheduled here or if we are adhering to the 3 week recommended interval.

Fairly sure we are going with the 3 months.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
There is a 3 week break between jabs for Pfizer and 12 weeks for the AstraZeneca. Anyone know if the AZ break can be less. If able to go overseas (unlikely) mid year, would not want to be held up by the enforced break.
I wouldn’t worry about the intervals.
You ain’t going anywhere this year I reckon.

Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
The whole booing of the vaccine was all per se man.. the crowd anticipated the announcer was going to praise the Victorian government for a job well done. Hopeless.

Got to nod my head in disbelief at times. Really.
The announcer did praise the Vic Government for making the tournament happen.
And was booed by the same idiots. These idiots don’t even understand that without the government support of the event they wouldn’t be in the stands and therefore couldn’t boo!
You can’t battle stupidity, and there was a large contingent of stupidity on show last night.

I'm hopeful that things will have changed for Australian entry/exit and those of a lot of other countries by mid 2022 and I think travelling to and from some countries will still require long quarantines and restrictions on entry due to whether particular countries have been vaccinated yet.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
The announcer did praise the Vic Government for making the tournament happen.
And was booed by the same idiots. These idiots don’t even understand that without the government support of the event they wouldn’t be in the stands and therefore couldn’t boo!
You can’t battle stupidity, and there was a large contingent of stupidity on show last night.

So let bygones be bygones?

The first jeer was just in reaction to the mention of a vaccine. No mention of government. Sounded like it was just the Novak supporters. Understandably, they were getting a bit restless as the TA Prez was rambling.

How could they be anti-vaccines; his name sounds like a vaccine.

Oct 7, 2001
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm hopeful that things will have changed for Australian entry/exit and those of a lot of other countries by mid 2022 and I think travelling to and from some countries will still require long quarantines and restrictions on entry due to whether particular countries have been vaccinated yet.
Yep 2022 at the earliest for travel without restrictions, well without onerous restrictions.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
How could they be anti-vaccines; his name sounds like a vaccine.
Because Novak says no vacc. Story goes that when he was a youngster, he offered Tennis Australia that he would take up Australian nationality if they paid him $5m. TA said no. Hindsight shows that the $5m would have been money well spent.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would at least like the option of getting out of here if the opportunity became available. As already explained, leaving for 3 months is an accepted reason for leaving the country. If my Thai mate were paroled, I would take Thailand's expensive long term tourist visa option - I can probably do this whether or not I am vaccinated as the 14 day quarantine there will most likely be retained. I need to be in the country to help set him up when he is released.

If Cambodia provided a similar visa option, I would jump at the chance to avoid another winter here. Having the jab is an extra layer of security but may also become a requirement and potentially a quarantine waver overseas and here. At my age, this is my last chance to spend 6 months or more overseas. Australia is going with the 3 month break between jabs, and I imagine the earliest possible time to leave the country with both of them would be late August, the end of winter.

I believe he is a known anti-vaxer. So his fans have adopted his beliefs? Makes sense to me. He knows his tennis, so of course he’d be up with the science of vaccines.
That makes sense. I was a Martin Hingis fan, She jsut hit every shot so well and out thought her opponent so consistently. It's why I had a sex change operation.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
The announcement was strictly Tennis related, praising the work done to make sure the tournament proceeded.
The nuff nuffs didn't understand.
Given the limits placed on crowd numbers, tournament attendance would suggest that Victorians did not vote with their feet in support of the open. Crowd numbers were so poor that 2 for 1 tickets were on offer at one stage. I did not watch a second of any of the games so my information is second hand, but it seems it's the mention of the state government rather than the vaccines that caused the booing.

EDIT: Though if Djokovic is an anti vaxxer, that also explains it.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Australians could go now to Mexico or the UK without quarantining. Who knows how many other countries may drop entry requirements once vaccination programs are near complete. The one proviso is that you need to not be in hurry to return to Australia.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would have sat well in our pantheon of knobs who hit a tennis ball magnificently.
Come to think of it, that might have caused a really bad outcome. We would have adopted Our Novak and forgiven him for anything and everything. 9 Aussie Opens won by an Aussie?! We would have done anything he said. Like not get vaccinated.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can't be that easy to qualify for the Pfizer on health grounds. I know two people I would have thought to be lay down miseres to get the Pfizer, but neither qualify - mitochondria/severe type 1 diabetes and multiple sclerosis.
I think Pfizer is all going to employment categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back