Rumour Dusty to Sydney rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked good until you got to the Bont.
Cripps then. I felt Bont behind Dusty is the next most damaging player when on and he's a free agent so won't cost anything trade wise.

Put emotion aside you can see how trading a ready made player at his highest value can set up a club for the future. Assuming the draft picks coming your way are nailed of coarse.
Its pure hypothetocal anyway.
Dusty has to request the trade first which won't happen. If we win a 4th flag maybe, who knows.

AFL need a marquee player in both NSW sides.
Not sure anyone after Dusty fits that bill atm.
Petracca is a far superior player to Dusty.
I thought this was common knowledge.

how are sydney going to afford dusty

arent they paying buddy 1 mill till the heat death of the universe?
Not a contention worth worrying about . Those scumbags wouldn’t offer a top 20 pick for Daniher 12m off fa. They wouldn’t even get warm enticing us to release the greatest player in 25y already contracted long term

Dailymail is writing about Martin lol

Post career financial and legacy it's best for Martin to finish his career at Richmond. The Richmond brand will always sell and we have a massive following .

Sydney people don't care about afl
Where individual AFL players make money is limited. Dusty is known nationally by AFL supporters. So his personal brand would transfer wherever he went. Being at Richmond during our current period of success probably boosts his earning power.
I read somewhere that signings was a big earner for players. Flag contention would maximise that.

Cripps then. I felt Bont behind Dusty is the next most damaging player when on and he's a free agent so won't cost anything trade wise.

Put emotion aside you can see how trading a ready made player at his highest value can set up a club for the future. Assuming the draft picks coming your way are nailed of coarse.
Dusty has to request the trade first which won't happen. If we win a 4th flag maybe, who knows.
No way the Bont would leave the dogs.

Does anyone know the rules around players breaking a contract with multiple years left? For example if Dusty at the end of year wanted to go to Sydney and talks between Richmond and Sydney broke down. Dusty cant just break contract with us leave for a year then go to the Swans could he? I would think that if you broke a contract with multiple years left then you couldn't switch to any other AFL club until those years on that original deal are up. Otherwise players could just break long deals when the club appears to be going **** up and leave them without compensation.

Though in this case I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL just told us that Dusty was a Sydney player next year and we had to still pay his wage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win a fourth flag, Dusty will want a fifth.

Does anyone know the rules around players breaking a contract with multiple years left? For example if Dusty at the end of year wanted to go to Sydney and talks between Richmond and Sydney broke down. Dusty cant just break contract with us leave for a year then go to the Swans could he? I would think that if you broke a contract with multiple years left then you couldn't switch to any other AFL club until those years on that original deal are up. Otherwise players could just break long deals when the club appears to be going **** up and leave them without compensation.

Though in this case I wouldn't be surprised if the AFL just told us that Dusty was a Sydney player next year and we had to still pay his wage.
The only way for a contracted player to leave is by consent of the contracted club. The only other option they have is to sit out their contract than move freely.

Hocking and Whateley working on it now.

I dont see the problem ... Dusty can go to Sydney whenever he likes ... provided he turns up in the Yellow and Black by the start of each game (where ever that is) and stays long enough at the end of the game to sing the Tigers song with the team ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back