Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure anyone posting on here at this time of year is following this thread religiously enough that they won't miss a single training report anyway...
Some of us work - or used to work long hours and sometimes interstate or overseas as travel can form a large part of many jobs.

The sense of entitlement on this board, suggesting the mods or Jen do extra work themselves just to save a minute or two of scrolling. How about we just be thankful that Jen goes so far out of her way to provide us with these reports in the first place....

The sense of entitlement on this board, suggesting the mods or Jen do extra work themselves just to save a minute or two of scrolling. How about we just be thankful that Jen goes so far out of her way to provide us with these reports in the first place....

Who is being entitled?

It was a question to improve the visibility of the reports that is all. I think it was Jelly Bean that initially asked the question, and I don't think it was meant to be taken the way you have taken it.

Who is being entitled?

It was a question to improve the visibility of the reports that is all. I think it was Jelly Bean that initially asked the question, and I don't think it was meant to be taken the way you have taken it.
Nothing unusual with that - par for the course actually.

Who is being entitled?

Some of the suggestions have been completely OTT, requiring significant work from the mods in particular to implement. I’m not necessarily referring to JB’s post.
Nothing unusual with that - par for the course actually.
Don’t you have anything better to do with your life you miserable old coot?

The Irish pub in Fitzroy St last night was absolutely packed outside, with one group of about 30-40 sitting shoulder to shoulder in a big outdoor tent and a long line of people pressed up against each others sweaty bodies seeking admittance inside. In fact, every venue in St Kilda that served alcohol featured wall to wall revellers in their outside areas. There seems no limit on the numbers who can congregate in these outdoor venues. I am sure the ground could have accommodated many more than 20. There is not much consistency to the restrictions or how they are applied.

One thing for a hospitality venue to flout the rules, another entirely for an AFL club. Could potentially undermine the entire season.

Let's not forget with the latter two, particularly the aforementioned of the pair, that this is pre-season. I expect to be berating the efforts of Cal Brown again once the real thing starts and wondering how Tyler gets a game when he rarely touches the ball. But by all means surprise me!

Might be sooner than you think if he keeps putting his name in the best players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monday Feb 22nd.

This should be fairly short, it was a lite light session lol Going by their insta, it may be photo day. So that might explain it.

I stayed until 11:30, so I didn't see all players.

Two sets of things happened. On the far end of the oval, near AAMI park, there was a rehab session going on with the injured players. Adams, Reef and Keane. They did solid running sessions, kick and mark drills, kicking for goal, motion turning running. Bunch of other stuff. This lasted for 1 1/2 hrs.

In the middle of the ground, closer to the cafe, there was two orange poles. In groups of 2 or 3, sometimes 1, players would come out do a couple laps around them and then head back inside.

Players who I saw who did this running -
Quaynor, Elliott, Tyler, Pendles, Wilson, Cameron,Lynch, Mayne, Greenwood, Ruscoe, Sidebottom, Roughy, JT, Crisp, Poulter, Murphy, McMahon, WHE, Henry, Maynard, Howe, Briskey, Mihochek, Cox

If I stayed longer might have seen more, but it wasn't anything too exciting.

Tohill playing on the wing and in the bests last week is v interesting. Jen (if you have time) are you able to elaborate on what he did well. Was he all over the place... or strong marking... or kicking to forwards... or racking up possessions & link up play, or intercepting? Just one I cannot picture mentally
His read of the play. His ability to move quicker around the ground. His marking. Kicking. Its all improved.

His read of the play. His ability to move quicker around the ground. His marking. Kicking. Its all improved.
Is he playing key position in defence? Do you think he’ll play senior games this year?

Is he playing key position in defence? Do you think he’ll play senior games this year?
Hopefully he does, because he has come a long way. But if he has some VFL form, that might push his case. Seems to be more of a floater in defence than key position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back