Status
Not open for further replies.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 1.57.32 PM.png

It's what I'd do - faced with a rule that overwhelmingly punishes any risk taken by a club to press higher up the ground, the reaction will be to reduce that risk and deploy additional players behind the ball as a means of delaying the opposition's attacking movement.

Agreed, expecting to see a lot of clubs playing their wings as effectively additional half backs this year, which will provide cover for those sweepers to drop off behind play.

Can see many matches decaying into unsightly slogs for territory gains, which are dictated for the most part by one defence kicking it to the other and back again.

Two defensive wingers ftw

We’ve been ahead of the curve!!

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
It's what I'd do - faced with a rule that overwhelmingly punishes any risk taken by a club to press higher up the ground, the reaction will be to reduce that risk and deploy additional players behind the ball as a means of delaying the opposition's attacking movement.

Agreed, expecting to see a lot of clubs playing their wings as effectively additional half backs this year, which will provide cover for those sweepers to drop off behind play.

Can see many matches decaying into unsightly slogs for territory gains, which are dictated for the most part by one defence kicking it to the other and back again.
Don't Port press high up the ground? If so, expect them to miss the 8 again for the next two years 🤣

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
AFL media:
The Eagles suffered no fresh injuries, although WAFL Eagle Ben Fitzgerald, who joined in as a top-up player, copped a boot to the head when trying to smother and required treatment from trainers.
Club media team:
The good news was that there were no injuries of note.
Welcome to the club, Ben!

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Not the most exciting highlights package to be fair.

I dont care about Darling running around clunking them on undersized, inexperienced WAFL spuds. I don't care about Gaff having it on a string.

Was hoping for more from our youngsters. That's what I'm looking for to at this time of the year. Not seniors running amok under no pressure.

Edwards always looks awful in these videos with JK or Darling monstering him, and to me that's disappointing.

Trew, O'Neil, other Edwards, Langdon, Witherden were barely cited.

Bailey didn't play.

Bit boring really. But I'll take what I can get from Kate. She's got the time this week :moustache:
I agree, can't recall any vision of Edward's, Trew or Winder. I was keen to see one highlight from each of them, and I don't think that overhypes them with just one each.
Match report said Edward's and Winder had some good moments, well show us them pls.

Sheed saying Jones has been doing small phases in the middle. Doubt that in itself eventuates to much, but to know there's that confidence in his ability and fitness is great.

In that trial game he was in the centre bounce on one occasion.

And got the clearance and kicked to a leading forward who marked. It was beautiful.

Sheed saying Jones has been doing small phases in the middle. Doubt that in itself eventuates to much, but to know there's that confidence in his ability and fitness is great.

We might be trying to find our own Shai Bolton with the way he moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back