Training 2021 Pre-season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

like Fox.. Think of him as a solid depth player. can play his role on and off the field.
The small to medium defenders hes up against include. Lloyd, Rampe, Cunningham, COR, Ling, Dawson, Gould, Campbell
Fox won't replace McCartin or Melican as tall defenders. and won't replace Lloyd, Rampe, Cunningham, Dawson.
That leaves Ling, Gould, Campbell and COR.. Also Mills, Reid, Hayward etc who can drop back to help.
Fox will be lucky to play round 1

I'm not denying that he's against COR, Ling, Gould and Campbell. And they might even overtake him during the year if Fox's forms dips and their form is stellar. But as of right now, nearing round 1 of the H&A season, Fox is ahead of them. His fate this year is in his own hands. If he keeps playing well he will keep that spot.

I thought Fox played ok. Moved really well across the backline covering defensively or trying to link up. High workrate, intensity and looked quick. Also able to mark up against different sized opponents like Amartey. Generally the Red team defense seemed to work well as a unit.

I thought Dawson was the best defender from the Green team. But he switched to the Red team after half time.

Don't like the way the teams were assigned at all.

Glad to see Fox is considered a 'have' though. I think he's absolutely best 22 until his form proves otherwise. Love his rebounding off half back (even if the decision-making that follows is a little... chaotic... but it's Rhyce Shaw-esque, so it's welcomed!) He should not get shafted just because we're eager to see what Gould can provide.
Yeah agree, spots should be earnt on form to start a year, if its a write off then blood kids.

I thought Fox played ok. Moved really well across the backline covering defensively or trying to link up. High workrate, intensity and looked quick. Also able to mark up against different sized opponents like Amartey. Generally the Red team defense seemed to work well as a unit.

I thought Dawson was the best defender from the Green team. But he switched to the Red team after half time.

If you don't mind answering how did you find Mills in the midfield?

If you don't mind answering how did you find Mills in the midfield?
I was not watching the inside mids and rucks closely enough to have an opinion.

Early on Blakey's running from midfield and Heeney moving across half forward were the main attacking threats. Later on Florent worked his way into the game and did some nice attacking things.

I was not watching the inside mids and rucks closely enough to have an opinion.

Early on Blakey's running from midfield and Heeney moving across half forward were the main attacking threats. Later on Florent worked his way into the game and did some nice attacking things.

Thanks for the response (you actually answered my next two questions in it :))

like Fox.. Think of him as a solid depth player. can play his role on and off the field.
The small to medium defenders hes up against include. Lloyd, Rampe, Cunningham, COR, Ling, Dawson, Gould, Campbell
Fox won't replace McCartin or Melican as tall defenders. and won't replace Lloyd, Rampe, Cunningham, Dawson.
That leaves Ling, Gould, Campbell and COR.. Also Mills, Reid, Hayward etc who can drop back to help.
Fox will be lucky to play round 1
His hard work and athleticism sees him be lucky quite often.

His hard work and athleticism sees him be lucky quite often.
Hard work - absolutely (both on and off the field - a very good role model)
athleticism - hes athletic, but I dont see him as anything special in that regard.
Injuries saw him get a lot of games over the past couple of years
and.. a young developing list contributed also.

I like Fox.. I was a supporter of his on BF 12 months ago when there was a lot of criticism floating around. I think he is a fantastic depth player (reliable and cheap $$) and all teams need that. But there was a reason he was delisted and then re-rookied. He's out of contract at the end of this year, I would be very surprised if he had any trade value and be very surprised if he got anything more than a 1 year contract at the Swans.
As it stands right now, there are 6 defenders ahead of him.. Rampe, Lloyd, Dawson, Cunningham, McCartin and Melican. Theres also the next generation developing around him.. Gould, Ling and maybe OConnor, also maybe Campbell. And there is a debate who's ahead, Fox or COR?

I wouldn't be surprised if none of Fox, Gould, Ling, Campbell, COR play round 1.. we'll see shortly.
Fox is likely to get more games this year and likely to play his role reasonably well. I wish him luck

I prefer Dawson at Hf/ wing personally - don’t think he accumulated enough in the back line and goes missing. Seems to play better without worrying about defending a man. Think we are pretty stacked at hf though tbh
Especially players like Lynch, Dalhouse, Gunston etc. They take time. We need him delivering the ball and to do that he needs to get ball

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

With Paddy McCartin joining our VFL/East Coast team the club has now assembled a complete set of top 5 picks. I've included Heeney at Pick 2 because he was bid on there.

Pick 1 - Paddy McCartin
Pick 2 - Issac Heeney
Pick 3 - Callun Mills
Pick 4 - Logan McDonald
Pick 5 - Braeden Campbell, Dylan Stephens, Buddy Franklin

Throw in Blakey at Pick 10 and we are sounding GWS-esque with our top-end draft talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Paddy McCartin joining our VFL/East Coast team the club has now assembled a complete set of top 5 picks. I've included Heeney at Pick 2 because he was bid on there.

Pick 1 - Paddy McCartin
Pick 2 - Issac Heeney
Pick 3 - Callun Mills
Pick 4 - Logan McDonald

Throw in Blakey at Pick 10 and we are sounding GWS-esque with our top-end draft talent.

Yeah but the same could be said for Hawthorn who have a few pick 1's in Scully and Patton who are still technically on their list.

Yeah but the same could be said for Hawthorn who have a few pick 1's in Scully and Patton who are still technically on their list.
Scully and Patton both went Pick 1 from memory, so who fills all of the Pick 2, Pick 3, Pick 4 and Pick 5 slots at the Hawks if the same can be said of them?

Last edited:
Uummmm,
Tom Mitchell, (old rules)
Jaeger O'Meara (1) mini draft
Jack Scrimshaw (7)
Chad Wingard (6)

Traded for all of them. The Victorian rule.
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pick 1 - Paddy McCartin
Pick 2 - Issac Heeney
Pick 3 - Callun Mills
Pick 4 - Logan McDonald

Florent was around there too wasnt he?

Fox is miles ahead of IMO Gould, Ling and COR.

COR and Ling will be lucky to have a contract at years end IMO

Cox was asked to nominate the 4 young players to look out for moving forward. He nominated Blakey, Ling, Stephens and Wicks. Made the point of saying the coaches have a lot of faith in Ling. I agree with your sentiment about Fox but I also think Ling will cement a permanent starting position and become a fixture.

I come in peace. We are live streaming the scratch match this week. Don’t know if the swans are.

Thank you. Our media department is so cash strapped they are using valve amplifiers mate. Streaming? What the * us that? We could maybe afford a few white stick figures on a black background or vica verca.

Thank you for streaming. It will be fun to see the boys go around.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back