Banter TRTT Part 11: Ghosts n Sh..tuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't give two shits about scomo and whatever shitfight you're in. I'm interested in what chiwigi was referring to as the meaning behind the v symbol as applied by tories/conservatives as a larger issue. It's not something I'm familiar with, and I want to know more.

Eat a bag you sook.

His white robe and hood were in the wash brah

I just really hate it when I’m in a shitfight I don’t know I’m in and people don’t give two shits about it.

It’s more that Churchill is (rightly) seen as the consummate Tory, when others invoke him they usually do it as a comparison to elevate themselves, they all want a bit of that reflected glory.
Tbf, early in his political career Churchill broke away from the Tories and joined the Liberals (today's Liberal Democrats) for 20 years. Incidentally, this was the period when as First Lord of the Admiralty he was the architect of the disaster at Gallipoli.

It’s not the big deal Papa G has made up in his mind.
It’s more that Churchill is (rightly) seen as the consummate Tory, when others invoke him they usually do it as a comparison to elevate themselves, they all want a bit of that reflected glory. (Though as with many traditionally conservative symbols, the far right are adept at stealing it).
Is Morrison claiming victory over Covid, or is he doing a V for vaccine sign? Likely a bit of both, any excuse to get himself associated with Churchill.
Who knows though? as I said to Eddie Dingle, he looks a twat whichever reason.
As this is the same man who hired an empathy consultant for over a 100k and is wearing a netball shirt today to show he ‘cares about women’, I don’t think it was an ‘accidental’ sign.

View attachment 1062541
Huh, well there you go. Before today I never would have associated it with Churchill. It's the peace symbol to me. Or what our Japanese students always did when they took a photo.

If I was to link it to any politician it would maybe be Nixon, I guess?

PS: And I thought he was wearing a cricket top for the obvious associations with Johnny Howard.

I don't think Australians would connect the V sign to Churchill and his politics/legacy.
Most would associate it with the peace sign that came about in the 60s.

I don't think Australians would connect the V sign to Churchill and his politics/legacy.
We aren’t really talking about your typical Aussie here though.
For the record, there’s no suggestion this is racist, just wanky, opportunistic and cringe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even the Advertiser knows. The netball shirt is more ridiculous tbh.
F8626BBB-1473-4FDE-876C-8B9C8F857E9E.jpeg

So we agree with Murdoch when it suits us.

Riiiiigggghhhhhttttttttttt
Hahaha, your bow was so long drawn there even PapaG agreed with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back