NuggNation Thread - 2023 NBA Champions

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
OMG that was close to the most embarrassing quarter of a steady procession of them this season.
Final play of each team of the half probably summarised it best. Porter travels after giving up an open, set, catch and shoot 3.
Only to then, with 2 seconds left not bother defending and giving up a wide open dunk.

23 odd point turnaround in one quarter.
Time for a change or 3.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong

How do all 3 refs miss the Lopez illegal screen? Deadset embarrassing

Its entertainment, not basketball lol.

I still cant get over the amount of times they travel, but what they do and don't call is baffling based on FIBA rules, or what we play with/grew up with.

Bottom line - that was a terrible loss in a number of different ways. Green is not a starter, and the defence on the 3 that led to 3 free throws was just dumb, in some ways as was the last foul. At that point, make him either make it or miss rather than fouling, keep your feet on the ground on the baseline drive.

I think I posted a couple of pages back that Porter and Green are really important to us. The last few games prove it for all the wrong reasons.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Last season was as good as it will get with this team and this coach. Not good enough.

Joker, Murray and Porter are who we need to build around now. But I feel like we are going through another development phase with the draftees.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
I can't work out now what we are actually trying to do. Either go all in on rookies around stars, or play to win a championship.
Sure, I get it we have injuries, but it still does not entirely explain starters and rotations.

Whatever they think they are doing PLAY SOME ******* DEFENCE!

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
Harris, Barton and Milsap need to be turfed come the end of the season.

Before, hopefully.

If that aren’t chucking up bricks they’re always f****** injured.

I don’t know what we’re doing with these rookies. Hartenstein is rubbish, bring a real backup C in ffs. Howard, Cancur eh.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Before, hopefully.

If that aren’t chucking up bricks they’re always f****** injured.

I don’t know what we’re doing with these rookies. Hartenstein is rubbish, bring a real backup C in ffs. Howard, Cancur eh.
Let's face it, nobody is going to pick up Milsap, and I would keep him either way.

if we can trade out Harris and Barton, we should try but we need ready made players coming back for them, or there is no point at this stage.

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
Let's face it, nobody is going to pick up Milsap, and I would keep him either way.

if we can trade out Harris and Barton, we should try but we need ready made players coming back for them, or there is no point at this stage.

Agree with all of that. Milsap is an expiring contract, so could be a salary filler in a trade but either way I don’t mind if he stays/goes.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Luckily for us Jokic, Murray and MPJ aren't touching their primes as yet (or in the Joker's case he will have a long prime).

So maybe they are banking on RJ, Bolx2 and Nnaji developing well and them being the complimentary pieces to our big three in the future.

Back