Preview 2021 Internal Trial: Crow v Crow, 20/2/21 10.30am ACDT

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He’s always posted big numbers in terms of the amount of ground he covers and his defensive pressure, think about his first couple of games at AFL level, and of course his running capacity was mythical when we drafted him.

The (fair) knock on McHenry to date was that he hadn’t figured out how to translate this effort into impact on the game.

I think that’s what I liked the most about his performance on Saturday. Impact. Nearly every time the ball hit the deck he seemed to be involved in a productive way. I wouldn’t be be surprised if he had more touches than anyone else across the 4 quarters. Positive signs.

I would be very surprised, and in a good way, if McHenry did. Hately and Crouch probably racked up 27-30 disps without any genuine dramas that game.

The good thing about McHenry is everytime he was involved, something happened, good or bad. He certainly didn't waste any opportunities to catch the eye. Pedlar was the same as well in that regard. It's a very positive sign for Ned.

Unlike someone like Hately/Crouch where the only real time you notice them is when something goes wrong.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have to say after watching the internal trial, Thilthorpe looks the goods, mobile for a big lad.
THB Thilthorpe is the kind of player who reads like he was built in a computer game.

Height 6'6"
Weight: 102kg
Endurance: Elite
Contested Marking: Elite
Below the knees: Clean
Skills: Strong and Duel Sided

Its actually bonkers just how many tools he has at his disposal. Now its just a matter of watching him put it all together!

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
THB Thilthorpe is the kind of player who reads like he was built in a computer game.

Height 6'6"

Its actually bonkers just how many tools he has at his disposal. Now its just a matter of watching him put it all together!

And he's an SA kid!!!!!

No go home factor

And he's an SA kid!!!!!

No go home factor

Now we just have to worry about money.

Ridiculously ambitious/determined too if you've seen the story of how he had a kicking net installed at home.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Now we just have to worry about money.

Ridiculously ambitious/determined too if you've seen the story of how he had a kicking net installed at home.
I think he'll put pen to paper sometime this season. Crows will surely want him extended out of his rookie contract nice and quickly!

I think he'll put pen to paper sometime this season. Crows will surely want him extended out of his rookie contract nice and quickly!

I would be very surprised if this didn't happen. He'll cost us a bit of dosh, but it should be a formality.

I do worry about contracts in his 20s though. If all goes well, we could be seriously talking about someone who'll break the million a year barrier.

Big Dub

All Australian
Feb 8, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

Height 6'6"

Kid is still growing, too. Thilthorpe was listed as 200cm at the draft after starting the year at 196cm.

Bickley talked him up as 202cm during commentary from the trail game. It's a short time to gain another 2cm, but he looked as tall as O'Brien (202cm) when they were standing next to each other at one point in the game. Might also be my wishful thinking and a helpful camera angle . . .

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
That's almost the bigger thing for me. Plenty of talented kids who never amounted to much because they didn't have the work ethic and determination to maximize their talents. Everything you hear about Thilthorpe is he's not gonna have that issue at all.

Pretty much as advertised. Industrious, tough but a little hit and miss with his long kicking.

Is he a walk-up starter for round 1?

Note: This IS NOT a SC question, i have ties to his family so keen to see him playing well.

Is he a walk-up starter for round 1?

Note: This IS NOT a SC question, i have ties to his family so keen to see him playing well.

He is for me. We have desperately needed a 190+cm midfielder to balance out our group and Hately is that.

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reckon people are getting hung up on Ned's fluffed handball on the boundary line. He had a big impact overall.
Sorry how can you highlight the impact McHenry had and not what the kids Pedlar and Berry had in their first hitout for club ,though at last after a couple of embarrassing efforts in 1st half Ned least showed might get there where Pedlar in particular going to be a star.
Loved Worrells game and future after so many posters wrote him off with Bicks right in telling us to keep faith in.

Last edited:

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Sorry how can you highlight the impact McHenry had and not what the kids Pedlar and Berry had in their first hitout for club ,though at last after a couple of embarrassing efforts in 1st half Ned least showed might get there where Pedlar in particular going to be a star.
Loved Worrells game and future after so many posters wrote him off with Bicks right in telling us to keep faith in.
Embarassing ??

Please explain.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I'm pretty sure I recall one of the line coaches recently saying that we will be playing 2 games against port on the same day. One team will be best 22 and the other sanfl/depth
27th Feb
Going on the latest release it looks like there is 2nds game.
"The Crows and Power will also clash in a SANFL practice match commencing at 8.30am ACDT "
However, looks like the SANFL trial will not be live-streamed as the live stream starts at 11am ACDT.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hamish desperately needed a bounce back performance and maybe last year is it

what’s interesting about Pedlar and Berry is neither looks like they have the first interest in waiting their turn, or deferring to senior players

they want it, and appear unphased about just taking it

so different to many of our recruits over recent years

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Reckon people are getting hung up on Ned's fluffed handball on the boundary line. He had a big impact overall.

Thinking the same. I actually reckon Ned had an awesome game. 3 x HTB tackles in one quarter is nothing to sneeze at. Yes he fluffed a few moments, but you watch those passages of play carefully, there wasnt a lot on offer from his Red team mates at the time.

He's always lively and makes things happen. I honestly thought he looked very promising, and it was great to see him up and about and over his injuries.

Back