Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, fully understandable Steve, thanks for clearing that up...

Why is the new VFL called the VFL?

The new VFL is a mash-up of the old NEAFL and VFL, with 22 teams from three states.

Non-Victorian teams weren’t thrilled by the league retaining the VFL name, but Hocking says it stacked up.

“It’s just the rich history of the VFL name. It has got an unbelievable history and so we have retained that for that very reason. We understand there is some other version we could have come up with, but we have got a competition that is going to be really strong as far as the eastern states at an elite level and it’s going to support the AFL well.”

Sheedy disappointed Hocking gets the credit for inventing history.

Oh yes, fully understandable Steve, thanks for clearing that up...

Why is the new VFL called the VFL?

The new VFL is a mash-up of the old NEAFL and VFL, with 22 teams from three states.

Non-Victorian teams weren’t thrilled by the league retaining the VFL name, but Hocking says it stacked up.

“It’s just the rich history of the VFL name. It has got an unbelievable history and so we have retained that for that very reason. We understand there is some other version we could have come up with, but we have got a competition that is going to be really strong as far as the eastern states at an elite level and it’s going to support the AFL well.”

except the VFL is really the VFA which was colonised by the AFL (vfl) who had no problems with extinguishing the name of that league with an unbelievably long proud history that significantly predates the vfl

are names important? i'm confused now

Sheedy disappointed Hocking gets the credit for inventing history.

except the VFL is really the VFA which was colonised by the AFL (vfl) who had no problems with extinguishing the name of that league with an unbelievably long proud history that significantly predates the vfl

are names important? i'm confused now

We should be able to use Hocking's line of thinking about "rich history" in our PB push, but he'd probably argue that they were never part of the VFL, so just keep them for your SANFL team, with our 100% blessing.

Last edited:

Lol the trial against the Crows next week will probably end up close as we'll likely run a whole bunch of players through the game, but sheesh we could just as well demolish them.

Cant see any Port fan feeling threatened by that Crows side at the moment.
The Crows were spared a record Showdown loss last year, due to the shorter quarters - hopefully with games returning to their normal length this season, they won't be so lucky. Geez how good would it be to smash them by a 3 figure margin!!!

worst culture in south aussie rules history

worst culture in south aussie history

worst organisation in south aussie history

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FuTuRe StAr WaYnE mIlErA

Btw he's 24 this season 🤣

When I've had a Kennett Morrison of day and I want to give something or someone a bit of a kicking to make myself feel better, I go to this and I feel much better!

Trouble is, if Choppy had played in this highly sanitised age, how many games would he miss each season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back