Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Appears to be some stories getting about that both GVL junior comps , u18’s & u16’s, will have sides missing .
Given 2020 was a lost season and coming back from that was going to place strain on that difficult age group , perhaps the introduction of U16’s should have been put on hold .

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
Why not have under 15 & 17 roar, shouldn't most 18 year Olds be playing seniors and pushes more numbers into the reserves.

I reckon that like most things at present regarding where you can go at the footy will be a rolling rulebook, where if the covid Vax works, then rules will relax further into the season.

On another note, I see someone put out which league which country league has produced the most AFL players and most games since 1897, with Bendigo topping the list
Appears to be some stories getting about that both GVL junior comps , u18’s & u16’s, will have sides missing .
Given 2020 was a lost season and coming back from that was going to place strain on that difficult age group , perhaps the introduction of U16’s should have been put on hold .

Turbos mail

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 15, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hearing that supporters cannot go into the rooms, attend team huddles at 1/4 and 3/4 time, no handshakes or high fives. FFS what is the use of a vaccine if this circus continues? I can go into a pub, have a wrestle, shake hands and high five anybody... the world is cooked !
Yeah I agree. And no tackling also I’m hearing. Players must keep social distancing on the ground. 😩😩

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Why not have under 15 & 17 roar, shouldn't most 18 year Olds be playing seniors and pushes more numbers into the reserves.

I reckon that like most things at present regarding where you can go at the footy will be a rolling rulebook, where if the covid Vax works, then rules will relax further into the season.

On another note, I see someone put out which league which country league has produced the most AFL players and most games since 1897, with Bendigo topping the list
I think the varying of age groups across a region is detrimental. Tends to see the better players swap around annually between clubs and comps to play top age , which further sees the second and 3rd tier players , who are generally just late developers , miss out on a game and loose interest in the sport . It also teaches poor habits at a young age .
I’d support u14’s and u17’s at all levels other than the premier league in each region which could be u17’s and u19’s.
The list of AFL players produced didn’t take into account where the players were actually developed merely where they were registered when drafted .
It’s akin to the Riverine Herald continually stating ‘ Echuca’s Marty Hore ‘.

Last edited:

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I assume he is sign sealed and delivered Silver old mate! You heard otherwise?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No bootz I was looking at the clearances page today and noticed while it was lodged in November it was still pending. Happy days for the Bombers! 😎

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
No bootz I was looking at the clearances page today and noticed while it was lodged in November it was still pending. Happy days for the Bombers! 😎
Silver that is often because the player hasn’t finalised the clearance .
Not saying it is the situation in this case however a player can be cleared without any knowledge of a clearance being lodged .
Without giving away to much to the flaw , but it has happened where a player has been cleared without he nor his ex clubs knowledge , and they didn’t need dob , address , rego number or any great detail .
Easy fix is to have the player required to approve the clearance as the first step .

Last edited:

johhnyboi

Draftee
Jun 4, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Rosco would have some age on him now wouldn't he? No doubt they will add some talent to the team but it's more a desperate method of recruiting than strategic one.
Rocco put on some weight but still will kick a few, Tipunwuti will tear up the wing

Back