Training Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

What pick would we have in the mid season draft, 18 ? Odds are slim we'd get a great choice with such a low pick and the good overagers would be gone you'd think. It will be interesting to see if we pick someone already training with us. When is the cut off for those kids ?
A lot of clubs have fully filled their lists and thus will not have a pick. Also if Nank was to go down we could pick a ruck. Safer to keep the pick.

Captain Cotch on Nine news sports segment tonight.

He announcing he’s quitting the club in response to Dimma being in an adult consensual relationship that Carro doesn’t agree with?

He announcing he’s quitting the club in response to Dimma being in an adult consensual relationship that Carro doesn’t agree with?
Thought he said Dimma had an affair with carro.

History photo for the day.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, visiting Melbourne in 1920, at right.
He attended the VFL Grand Final.
We won!
A sports fanatic, Doyle said Australian football was the most spectacular football code.
(Research article at Australian football encyclopaedia.)
Doyle was the pioneer of forensic crime fiction, creating Sherlock Holmes.
He also wrote The Lost World, the precursor to Jurassic Park, about the discovery of dinosaurs.
He enjoyed the drop punt, said it could be incorporated into rugby, he was proved correct.
His wife thought the free kick was a good rule because it penalised manhandling of the player.
They were hosted by Harrison at the VFL Grand Final, who reportedly introduced the bounce.
View attachment 1062933
i thought jack dyer invented the drop punt???

Can someone post this up?

Trent Cotchin says the new generation of Tigers will turbocharge the club‘s three-peat aspirations as he described new father-son recruit Maurice Rioli’s best as “electrifying”.
The three-time premiership captain yesterday said Richmond’s stars were showing no signs of complacency and being driven by the kids who missed out in last year’s premiership.

The likes of Thomson Dow, Jack Ross, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Callum Coleman-Jones and Mabior Chol will all push for regular game time in a Tigers side likely to miss several triple premiership players in Round 1.

Bachar Houli (calf) is unlikely to be ready after an interrupted summer, while a recent low-grade hamstring injury for Dion Prestia will also put him in doubt.

Prestia yesterday signed on for another three years at Richmond, extending his contract until 2024, while star defender Dylan Grimes was locked in until 2023.

But a Tigers side that has lost Jack Higgins and Oleg Markov to rival sides will need reinforcements to come from their younger brigade.

Cotchin has no doubt they are capable after the club’s first practice match on Saturday.

He says their emergence is only one of the reasons the Tigers have a chance at a third consecutive premiership.

“Looking back to the Grand final we didn’t play our best footy in the first half. We had a couple of injuries, so trying guys in different roles has been interesting through the pre-season and even in our practice match on Saturday, someone like Dowey was exceptional and other midfielders, half backs and wings put their hand up.

“It was almost the thing I was most proud of last year, the way those guys attacked the season. They didn’t really get a good crack at it in hub life. They were playing 10 v 10 and 12 v 12 and seeing their growth was really impressive and something that will hold us in good stead moving forward.”

Maurice Rioli’s cameos this summer have been breathtaking, even if he will ease into the season through the VFL as he works on his training loads.

“He is electrifying. He has got a lot of talent, a lot of those Rioli traits but he is also his own person,” Cotchin said.

“There have been a couple of times where he’s had to chase-down tackle where someone quick has got the footy and even he makes up five or 10 metres.

“The key is not to put too much pressure on guys who are coming into a pretty well-oiled system but hopefully he’s picking up the expectations of him as a player and as a Richmond man and that holds him in good stead in the early parts of his career.”

Cotchin said as the only premiership captain of a Grand Final played at night he favoured tradition as the league considers a decision on the start time for this year’s decider.

“(I would prefer) 2.30pm, because given my bed time is pretty early in the night. I got back to the hotel at 1am or 1.30am and I wasn’t far off bed and I didn’t get to really celebrate it with the boys.

“I always love the sun out but I can understand it from a ratings point of view and from an atmosphere point of view it was pretty cool.”

Can someone post this up?

I bloody love a Round 1 debut, thinking back, the level of anticipation and excitement around these debuts, tied together with all of the optimism and hope of a clean slate and new season (more notably speaking about pre-2017), is just awesome.

2009: Browne.
2010: Martin, Nason, Roberts.
2011: Batchelor, Helbig, Conca.
2012: Ellis, Morris.
2013: None. Vlastuin was the first debutant of the year, in Round 5.
2014: None. Lloyd was the first, in Round 4.
2015: McIntosh.
2016: Rioli.
2017: Butler.
2018: None. Higgins was the first, in Round 3.
2019: Balta.
2020: None. Aarts was the first, in Round 5.

A different criterion. Who could forget Ben Cousins... omg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going through the archives.
Interesting stats.
1973 finals series.
We lost the QF to Carlton but won the grand final.
Balme was on fire in the PF versus Collingwood scoring five goals.
But was goalless the previous week in the semi when we thrashed St Kilda by 40 points.
1974 finals series.
Barry Richardson was on fire, scoring five goals apiece in the two finals versus North.

a wise man once said beware of the ides of March
now that was over 2000 years ago
in the modern context , I think you can expand that to the month of Feb as well

its great we are cruising along and our injury toll is low

but things can unravel quickly when the season proper starts
l2Je8A0HZHovwIsuc.gif

A lot of clubs have fully filled their lists and thus will not have a pick. Also if Nank was to go down we could pick a ruck. Safer to keep the pick.
Yes it will be interesting to see which way they go.

Great public comments by Trent.
Would be great to see Trent hold the trophy aloft five times.
He would join the pantheon of sports immortals.
Even Trent, funnily enough, is overshadowed by the genius and brilliance of Dustin.
It's like opponents are caught in quicksand when Dustin gathers the ball.

Last edited:
I bloody love a Round 1 debut, thinking back, the level of anticipation and excitement around these debuts, tied together with all of the optimism and hope of a clean slate and new season (more notably speaking about pre-2017), is just awesome.

2009: Browne.
2010: Martin, Nason, Roberts.
2011: Batchelor, Helbig, Conca.
2012: Ellis, Morris.
2013: None. Vlastuin was the first debutant of the year, in Round 5.
2014: None. Lloyd was the first, in Round 4.
2015: McIntosh.
2016: Rioli.
2017: Butler.
2018: None. Higgins was the first, in Round 3.
2019: Balta.
2020: None. Aarts was the first, in Round 5.

A different criterion. Who could forget Ben Cousins... omg.

McIntosh destroying Judd on debut in 15 :)

Still no highlights from the club intra club hitout .Very disappointing from the so called media department at the club .Adelaide had a full live stream of their intra club game .The premier's being shown up by the wooden spooners .Surely we could get a couple of minutes of highlights. Maybe they could show the kids from this year as well as the kids from last year who we haven't seen yet .
How's Will Martyn going or is Hugo a chance for round one .Biggies shoulder and Noah's knee going .There's plenty of stories there the fans would be interested in seeing .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still no highlights from the club intra club hitout .Very disappointing from the so called media department at the club .Adelaide had a full live stream of their intra club game .The premier's being shown up by the wooden spooners .Surely we could get a couple of minutes of highlights. Maybe they could show the kids from this year as well as the kids from last year who we haven't seen yet .
How's Will Martyn going or is Hugo a chance for round one .Biggies shoulder and Noah's knee going .There's plenty of stories there the fans would be interested in seeing .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Very disappointing. Club is too focused on our AFLW team at the moment. Which team do the members pay up to watch?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back