Goals2.91.35
Scoring Shots4.52.7
Goal Assists0.70.3
Disposals14.112.5
Marks6.16.0

Winning percentage in Daniher games (past 6 seasons) 32%
Winning percentage at Brisbane 2020 82%

hmmm...

Plus new mark rules seem to suggest more space and less opportunity for backs to set up/double team dominant KPFs. Could be a few serious bags kicked this year 😍

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I miss seeing this beautiful mans face as my avatar

just a reminder to dream pig
A4512430-47EE-414D-9FE4-5CA118F08F34.png

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Paddy Dow ....$202K Mid / Fwd ....do you have the faith ?

Similarly, Paddy Dow was the third pick in the 2017 National Draft and after playing 39 games in his first two seasons, he only managed three in 2020.

Under David Teague, Dow was deployed more across half forward in the back-half of 2019 as well as struggling to break into the side through the midfield last year.

Weitering understands what the 21-year-old has been through and is confident he will emerge as the quality midfielder he was drafted to be.

“I’ve got a bit of sympathy for Dow because I went through something very similar in 2018, he probably just lost a bit of confidence and belief in himself,” Weitering told Sportsday.

“He was pick three for a reason. He’s bloody quick, he’s got an awesome step.

“I guess the biggest knock on him was his kicking and if you’re playing AFL football everyone can kick and he just needed to get the demons out of his head and he’s had an awesome pre-season to date, he’s kicking the ball really well and he’ll be certainly putting his hand up for Round 1 and hopefully having a consistent year.”

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jamaine Jones at 182k is a lock if he gets selected.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Jamaine Jones at 182k is a lock if he gets selected.
FFS Jamaine ?
What sort of shyt name is that ? Sounds like somebody got lucky whilst watching an NBA game.
Not as bad as Tarquin, but still...no way.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Rightio. Not sure what that has to do with anything.
Mark my words. s**t christian names = s**t scores.
Based upon years of research.
Dont doubt it....name just one good news SC story you've had from the past with a s**t name.
One day you'll thank me for the tip ;)

(p.s. Alwyn and Cyril werent designated as s**t names)

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Paddy Dow ....$202K Mid / Fwd ....do you have the faith ?

Similarly, Paddy Dow was the third pick in the 2017 National Draft and after playing 39 games in his first two seasons, he only managed three in 2020.

Under David Teague, Dow was deployed more across half forward in the back-half of 2019 as well as struggling to break into the side through the midfield last year.

Weitering understands what the 21-year-old has been through and is confident he will emerge as the quality midfielder he was drafted to be.

“I’ve got a bit of sympathy for Dow because I went through something very similar in 2018, he probably just lost a bit of confidence and belief in himself,” Weitering told Sportsday.

“He was pick three for a reason. He’s bloody quick, he’s got an awesome step.

“I guess the biggest knock on him was his kicking and if you’re playing AFL football everyone can kick and he just needed to get the demons out of his head and he’s had an awesome pre-season to date, he’s kicking the ball really well and he’ll be certainly putting his hand up for Round 1 and hopefully having a consistent year.”

DPP status is probably the best aspect at this stage, but I don't even know how his JS sits. In his first few years we needed to get games into him because we were rubbish and needed to play young players by default.

Now he's coming into his 4th season he wont remain in the team if continues racking up 15 possessions a game.

I've seen these pre-season puff pieces before, and tbh I have also seen him dominate pre-season intra-club games. For whatever reason he plays completely differently when he's back playing at AFL - doesn't use his hands as much, hasn't got the same capacity to link up due to increased defensive pressure, and he gets gassed far too easily.

The MC clearly wants him in the team, but whenever he gets brought up he never justifies his selection.

Given the number of senior players around that price range, or moreover slightly above (Ziebell, Daniher, Impey) and the number of DPP rookies who'll get games: Macrae, Cockatoo, Smith(?) it's probably not worth the risk. I guess the bonus is if he doesn't perform you can always downgrade him to a FWD rookie.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Looks good at first galnce, but seems he isnt prepared to kick thru the ball anymore ?
Classic reaction to chronic hammie. Do you remember if it was his right hammie last time ?

Would still buy if fit.
He's just got to get to 400K+ then trade him before anything goes wrong, same as all these midprice campaigners. Best case is a straight swap to a premo @450K.

My biggest concern is he steals Seagull McDonalds chips.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
He's just got to get to 400K+ then trade him before anything goes wrong, same as all these midprice campaigners. Best case is a straight swap to a premo @450K.

My biggest concern is he steals Seagull McDonalds chips.

Agree 100%. I'll start, if good to go.

btw, out of interest since when has Luke Mac graduated to Gull status ? He hasnt even been given his wings yet.

Looks a good potential scab, but a 95 avg means Luke is still Bin Chicken.

yrtr.png

There can only be one Mighty Gull :thumbsu::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back