PS5 Playstation 5 - Articles, accessories and everything else

Remove this Banner Ad

The controllers have a few design flaws and subpar build quality. A couple of us pointed it out at launch but no one wanted to hear it here.

Don't have any stick drift but my R2 is very touchy.

Also, I must have imagined my USB power supply working on the controller, hasn't work since.
My ps5 is sitting behind my tv on the stand as it's too big for the spot in the cabinet when laying horizontally. Still room around it for ventilation.

The controllers have a few design flaws and subpar build quality. A couple of us pointed it out at launch but no one wanted to hear it here.

Even the Xbox elite controller has this issue. And that's one of the most expensive on the market.

Amazon dropped the Disc version but not the Digi version for some reason

demandingblinddwarfrabbit-max-1mb.gif

Does that mean the digi version is becoming rare?

Last edited:
And he even showed me this splash page trying to prove that Target have never sold PS5s

PS5-Launch-DT-Hero.png

What an idiot

Went to pick up the latest PS5 from Target and the gumby 18 year old who couldn't find my order tried to tell me that neither Target or Big W have ever sold PS5s

🥴
Why are you buying so many consoles?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not about to move from my GSP 670 headset anytime soon but just as an exercise in comparison I've been trying to setup my SteelSeries Arctis Pro wireless headphones.

Obviously no optical out so I tried just USB to the receiver and using the built in PS5 surround and it sounded like arse. Then I tried running audio over HDMI to my TV then out to the SteelSeries receiver over optical. In Dolby and DTS the sound is much better and full but there is noticeable audio lag. This is obviously due to the processes in compression and decompression. So I switched to Linear PCM on the PS5 which immediately removed the audio lag, however I need to run some more experiments but even though my SteelSeries receiver is saying 7.1 surround is activated I've got a funny feeling the TV was only passing through 2.0. I believe this is a bandwidth limitation of HDMI 1.4. "duh get a new up to date TV" is the obvious answer. However this is a LG C7 which is only a 2017 model and I'm sure there would be a lot of people who purchased premium TVs in only the last 5 years. The more I read it also looks like there are audio limitations over HDMI 2.0 which are even more recent TVs again. I still need to experiment and research more but I'm sure there would be plenty of people with expensive headsets like Astro A50s, Arctis Pros etc who don't realise they aren't getting what they paid for anymore. Game engines can simulate positional audio even in 2.0 so people may think they're getting the surround they paid for, but they're not getting 5.1 or 7.1 separate channels being dynamically mixed, everything is just being slammed into the left or right. Astro released a HDMI audio splitter (can also get them from Jaycar and stuff) but they only pass through 4k 60hz. Then again if your TV can do 4k 120hz then you've got HDMI 2.1 anyway and this doesn't even matter. I believe there are one or two HDMI audio splitters that pass through 120hz but I haven't looked into them much yet.

This might be something to add to the TV thread for now. Kind of poor by Sony to remove optical now IMO. For headsets (both wired and wireless) you're better off currently just getting a standard stereo headset and using the built in 3D audio which does the same sort of thing as most "surround" headsets. This must have been why SteelSeries release the Arctis 7P for example (not that I can find them in Australia though?)

I got one yesterday without even realizing, clicked on the Amazon link, I thought I had added to cart but for some reason it had auto filled card details etc. So now it's on its way! I was getting one anyway, so no big deal.

Screenshot_20210223-104716_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
Are you supposed to be able to use the controller for voice chat? Mine's at full volume but is no louder than a phone that's not on speaker.

Yes but I don't think it's meant to replace a headset. Check the controller settings in the menu, maybe it can be turned up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back