Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now he hasn’t even started his contract and he was one of the worst in the league in 2020.

But that’s alright cos the SuperCoach stat lovers generation can get excited because he got 50 hitouts v some second rate ruckman and forget Collingwood lost the game as his 50 hitouts went to the opposition
You're actually bordering on braindead if you think Grundy was "one of the worst in the league in 2020". He was at worst a top 5 bloke at his position

You're actually bordering on braindead if you think Grundy was "one of the worst in the league in 2020". He was at worst a top 5 bloke at his position

Even on stats he ranked outside the top 5, behind the bloke we got rid of for him, on actual impact he was shocking. But then again some supporters think 50 hitouts is impressive even when they go straight to the opposition

Sometimes I read this stuff and think that someone is trying to pull our collective legs...but to keep it going against a bloke that's already won a couple of B+F's and been a dual AA is just childish jealousy. So he makes more money than you'd like to pay him....get over it.
Alongside Darcy Moore and Taylor Adams, Grundy is a fantastic advertisement for our club. He's socially conscious off the field and a true competitor on the field.
If you really want to complain about people not being worth their wages....turn your vitriol towards Canberra.

Sometimes I read this stuff and think that someone is trying to pull our collective legs...but to keep it going against a bloke that's already won a couple of B+F's and been a dual AA is just childish jealousy. So he makes more money than you'd like to pay him....get over it.
Alongside Darcy Moore and Taylor Adams, Grundy is a fantastic advertisement for our club. He's socially conscious off the field and a true competitor on the field.
If you really want to complain about people not being worth their wages....turn your vitriol towards Canberra.

I’ve made my thoughts on politicians on Spring St very well known in the relevant thread, especially when in a pandemic and hundreds of thousands of Victorians are out of work, they give themselves a $46,000 pay rise, but that’s not relevant here.

But yeah that’s what we need, pay blokes to do good pr, the recent report shows that’s what this club is now all about, pr, no one is a concerned with anything important like winning premierships. Maybe in 2028 we can start to reopen our window.

But there were those 2 games he listed where Grundy arguably lowered his colours. Clear proof that he's a dud.

Even on stats he ranked outside the top 5, behind the bloke we got rid of for him, on actual impact he was shocking. But then again some supporters think 50 hitouts is impressive even when they go straight to the opposition

LOL, even though he had a down year he rated the 3rd best ruck on ranking points which crunches all the data. His 2020 season saw him rated elite for disposals, effective disposals, hitouts, hitouts to advantage and tackles among a host of others.

Now he hasn’t even started his contract and he was one of the worst in the league in 2020.

But that’s alright cos the SuperCoach stat lovers generation can get excited because he got 50 hitouts v some second rate ruckman and forget Collingwood lost the game as his 50 hitouts went to the opposition

Mathews words are far more credible than a poster who if not bagging Grundy is bagging Buckley - it’s boringly predictable.

Dave, the day he hits a Collingwood player with more than 50% of taps that he wins, I think it’s currently at 0%, then I will think of him as a ruckman.
His constant tap wins that go to the opposition, in truth even those aren’t big percentages because the majority of his taps go to his feet, frustrate the crap out of me.
Someone asked if we would have saved a bundle, yet still had a serviceable ruckman had we retained Witts, I would have to say yes. Witts is a pretty good ruck, handy below his knees, handy around the ground, and as an AFL Captain, a leader.
I bet he’s on half of what Grundy is.

no Ruckman in the league has 50% tap to advantage stat.
Grundy out rates both Gawn and NN in other “midfielder” stats but unlike both he is not being paid for being just a Ruckman.

Based on contractual position & previous year/s form - he absolutely was one of the enormous busts of 2020.

I believe he'll turn it around in 2021.
He was in pretty good company - Tom Lynch, Jeremy Cameron and Paddy Cripps offered some pretty stiff competition for the overpaid, based on 2020, award. I'd give it to Lynch.

He was in pretty good company - Tom Lynch, Jeremy Cameron and Paddy Cripps offered some pretty stiff competition for the overpaid, based on 2020, award. I'd give it to Lynch.

lol, 5th most goals in the Comp and 1 goal off being the leading goal kicker in a premiership team, yeah Lynch had a shocker, definitely worse than Grundy...🙄

lol, 5th most goals in the Comp and 1 goal off being the leading goal kicker in a premiership team, yeah Lynch had a shocker, definitely worse than Grundy...🙄
2020 stats

Tom Lynch: 9 possessions, 3.5 marks, 1.7 goals a game.
Mason Cox: 6 possessions, 3.5 marks, 1.3 goals a game.

One's on a million bucks a year. One gets paid half that, played in a team with appalling forward entries, had a terrible season, is universally believed to be overpaid, yet wasn't far below Lynch statistically. Yeah, I think Lynch offered terrible bang for bucks in 2020, but the tigers were good enough to win it despite this.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2020 stats

Tom Lynch: 9 possessions, 3.5 marks, 1.7 goals a game.
Mason Cox: 6 possessions, 3.5 marks, 1.3 goals a game.

One's on a million bucks a year. One gets paid half that, played in a team with appalling forward entries, had a terrible season, is universally believed to be overpaid, yet wasn't far below Lynch statistically. Yeah, I think Lynch offered terrible bang for bucks in 2020, but the tigers were good enough to win it despite this.

Actually Lynch was on about 500,000 and will be again in 2021 So let’s see if Grundy can offer double the value Lynch does...

Actually Lynch was on about 500,000 and will be again in 2021 So let’s see if Grundy can offer double the value Lynch does...
Im happy to go with rumours of back loaded contracts if you're going to look for contractual loopholes. Grundy was still on his old contract in 2020, so would have been on a standard amount too and unlike Lynch, him getting a standard amount in 2020 wasn't contractually dependent on him getting way overs in following years.

How is Reg looking this pre season fellas?

Wow kinda glad I missed that rant on Grundy from a couple of weeks ago! I’m also one that’s not a huge fan of a ruckman chewing up such large chunks of your salary cap, but jeez it went OTT. No one trading for Grundy?...

What scares me most is that the 7 year contract starts this year so there’s lots to be done on his behalf.

How is Reg looking this pre season fellas?
One of our posters who goes to almost every training and does handy write ups about em says he looks as good as ever. Paraphrasing, but I interpreted it as him no longer labouring out there like he did last year. So hopefully back to normal.

Sadly no Reg Grundy mo on display :(

Because Lynch was on a backloaded contract, he only had to perform to a $500K contract standard in 2020? So we can look forward to a $1.5m standard season in a couple of years?
That has got to be the most ridiculous statement so far this year.

Because Lynch was on a backloaded contract, he only had to perform to a $500K contract standard in 2020? So we can look forward to a $1.5m standard season in a couple of years?
That has got to be the most ridiculous statement so far this year.
Well no surprises there - he is exactly the same on nicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back