Game Day AFLW Non North Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I missed the Freo/Crows game - with equal scoring shots, could it have gone either way with more accuracy? Or were Freo well on top and kicking under less pressure?
Put it this way: West Coast without Chelsea Randall = Adelaide without Chelsea Randall (at least when Phillips is being wasted in defence).

I made the point on the main board that the narrowness of Norwood Oval (which makes Kardinia Park look wide) undeservedly kept the Crows from getting burnt too badly from Freo's spread. Would've been a ten goal loss on a proper ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Erin Phillips is a remarkable athlete. Despite so many impressive young mids coming into the game now, Phillips-Marinoff is probably still the best 1-2 in the league.

Adelaide and Freo the best two teams in it imo. Premier will come from one of those.

Pretty fun looking schedule for round three! Every one of those games could go either way.
One more girls

I'm genuinely not trying to start a $hitstorm here, but what's the protocol on male coaches... how do I put this, ummm... giving female players the traditional pat on the backside?

Last edited:
We have the Blues this week, so this might help:

Madison Prespakis offered one-game ban,

Carlton’s gun midfielder Madison Prespakis has been offered a one-match suspension by the AFL’s match review officer after being charged with rough conduct for a dangerous tackle on Richmond’s Sarah Hosking.

The second-quarter tackle left Hosking in the rooms getting tested for concussion, and swung the momentum in Carlton’s favour after the Tigers had kicked the opening three goals of the game.

The MRO assessed the incident as “careless conduct, medium impact and high contact”, and classified it as a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Prespakis is the AFLW’s reigning best-and-fairest winner.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Carlton’s gun midfielder Madison Prespakis has been offered a one-match suspension by the AFL’s match review officer after being charged with rough conduct for a dangerous tackle on Richmond’s Sarah Hosking.

The second-quarter tackle left Hosking in the rooms getting tested for concussion, and swung the momentum in Carlton’s favour after the Tigers had kicked the opening three goals of the game.

The MRO assessed the incident as “careless conduct, medium impact and high contact”, and classified it as a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Methinks some fringe Carlton player is about to get their name on the inaugural AFLW Kerridge.

I just had a really good training session with her today at ikon

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did you kneecap a few of them? The way we've been going lately our girls could probably use all the help we can get :neutral:

Haha nah she was the only one in our session with the dev girls (my group) just for testing before we get into it next week.

Hopefully we can get it done regardless

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Predictably, they are challenging it. I’d be happy to see her out against our girls, but honestly I’d just be happy to see a consequence for that action. It was not ok in the moment, and it was probably the immediate consequence of Hoskings‘ time off field that cost Richmond their first win.

Predictably, they are challenging it. I’d be happy to see her out against our girls, but honestly I’d just be happy to see a consequence for that action. It was not ok in the moment, and it was probably the immediate consequence of Hoskings‘ time off field that cost Richmond their first win.
I felt the girl getting tackled kind of rolled into an awkward position making it appear worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back