Play Nice Random Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My comrades will never dob me in.

1613990574721.jpeg

My next suggestion is solar panels on the moon..

Nah, plenty of space here:

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Coach Emeritus Scamper had to go to the vet today because the wound he had on his tail got infection. the infection got taken care of (and while he was there, he got a rabies shot and a deworming shot too)
he is relaxing in the tack room now (this photo is from when he was going to the Vet)
IMG_3227.jpg

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The handful of Labor women who are also alleging privately to me that they have been victimised are also staying schtum. Their reasons include that they don't want to damage their side's chances at the next election.
Sunlight is the best disinfectant. If they have broken the law, charge them and kick them out of parliament.

If they have been sleezy grubs, shame them on social media.

Make everything public That will stop 99% of the s**t that goes on.

And those that do it under parliamentary privilege, as occurs now, should be suspended from the floor.

Until there are consequences for this, it will keep happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree that people are lucky to have had wealth pass down in which they haven't contributed anything to obtain it.

It isn't a negative that people inherit wealth, the negative is that people who do not are disadvantaged. If you want to have a fair society, government has to do something about the disadvantage or just accept it isn't a fair society.

We need to determine what sort of wealth inheritance are we talking about that's the issue?

A 3 bedroom brick veneer house in Reservoir, with a couple hundred K in cash and stocks, divided by two siblings?

I think the anti-inheritance people argue that having that house and money while also getting an aged pension and utilising hundreds of thousands of dollars in health services is double dipping a bit in terms of having wealth to pass on and being a significant financial drain on the state in the last phase of their life post retirement, for the average punter.

If you take a more capitalist view and there wouldn't be that safety net, or the eligibility for it would be very restrictive only for those who have little to no real wealth at all, then the majority would need to burn through a lot of their potential money for inheritance post retirement.

I think there should be the incentive to accumulate wealth, especially for making life for your children easier, however, if you would make eligibility for social services more restrictive, the government would have greater scope to distribute what it does allocate for social services to the portion of the community who need it the most. Anyone who due to fate or circumstances is relying on solely social security is living in poverty by our and world standards and they have no capacity to live partly on social security and partly on accumulated wealth.

Then there is fairness of not taxing assets on death, I have less issue with money in the bank because it has already been taxed and any money it earns while in the bank is being taxed. So if that wad of cash over decades has made money in terms of interest then it has contributed towards your taxable income.

Assets do not, unless you dispose of them. If you bought a house in 1990 for $150k in good area it is probably worth more than a million now, it has gone up $850k in 30 odd years and you haven't paid a cent in tax on that. Same with purchasing shares in BHP, in 1990. They not only have gone up in value they have split a number of times effectively doubling your stock each time they split. If you actively trade your stock, you buy and sell it, you are taxed as you go, if you do not sell it there is unpaid tax on that accumulation of wealth. Inheritance basically vetoes paying tax on that asset changing hands. If the person sold his property and shares the day before he died and gave the money to his kids then that tax would have to be paid on those accumulations.

The system isn't inherently fair, I mean, anyone can accumulate assets so it is fair in that regard, but there are certain avenues you can take in wealth generation which are far more lucrative than others, in terms of tax treatment, and the more wealth you have, the more you are able to exploit it. Billionairss have raped this nation exploiting the system and they play on the fears of normal punters saying you don't want to pay tax on dad's Reservoir house, but the same rules allows them to not pay a cent on these massive empires changing hands from one generation to the next.

There should be, at a minimum, be very restrictive limitations placed on avoiding to pay tax.

What do we do with inheritance?
Let the government take it and distribute it?

That is what the government does with tax.

I think the government should either tax all earnings consistently, including accumulated wealth, or move away from income tax and fund itself solely with consumption taxes, not a flat rate for everything but a variable one with a significantly higher rate on luxuries. Then it doesn't matter who makes what and how, it just comes down to how they spend it and you tax the * out of buying yachts and s**t and have necessities more or less tax free.

Right now there are winners and losers based on how you go about investing and into what.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Sunlight is the best disinfectant. If they have broken the law, charge them and kick them out of parliament.

If they have been sleezy grubs, shame them on social media.

Make everything public That will stop 99% of the sh*t that goes on.

And those that do it under parliamentary privilege, as occurs now, should be suspended from the floor.

Until there are consequences for this, it will keep happening.

It's no surprise that you automatically assume that none of these allegations are irrational.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You clearly don't understand the threat that the infiltration of wokeness poses to society!

Indeed.

We should just cut through the bullshit and make EVERYTHING a crime on the 28th day of every month.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What a c#%t!

This is what he does to Scotty from marketing in return for Scotty's intervention to save his preselection. Good riddance to a moronic piece of s**t.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What a c#%t!

This is what he does to Scotty from marketing in return for Scotty's intervention to save his preselection. Good riddance to a moronic piece of sh*t.

controversial call here, and in no way am I endorsing any of his policies but we need more people like him in politics, ones who are going to stand up for what they believe in..

He might be crazy but at least he has a spine and morals..

interesting debate principle over loyalty.. who would you rather vote for?

You clearly don't understand the threat that the infiltration of wokeness poses to society!

Imagine ending up siding with a copper like Dutton because something something wokesters.

Indeed.

We should just cut through the bullshit and make EVERYTHING a crime on the 28th day of every month.
In many houses it already is 🙃

Imagine ending up siding with a copper like Dutton because something something wokesters.
Here’s a bold idea, maybe people can dislike both and not use petty strawman tactics to elicit a response.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
controversial call here, and in no way am I endorsing any of his policies but we need more people like him in politics, ones who are going to stand up for what they believe in..

He might be crazy but at least he has a spine and morals..

interesting debate principle over loyalty.. who would you rather vote for?
Is he really standing up for principals or is he just trying to build a populist Donald Trump-style persona?

I would not vote for a politician that doesn't understand that health advice, and particularly on subjects such as medication and vaccinations, should not be politicised and made part of the culture wars. If I wanted health advice from a failed furniture salesman I would have asked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back