Round 1 team 2021

the correct way to display a team is

• Total voters
Doubt we will be risking Doedee for round 1.... as a long season ahead.

Great opportunity for Worrell to debut in his role.

In the SANFL side maybe. It'll be Kelly who gets the nod, with basically only forced changes from our late 2020 side (plus Milera back in).

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
In the SANFL side maybe. It'll be Kelly who gets the nod, with basically only forced changes from our late 2020 side (plus Milera back in).
What makes you say that ??

What makes you say that ??

Because (a) it's us and (b) we did finish the year fairly well, and (c) looking at the side for the Richmond game, who misses out?

B: Brown, Talia, Kelly
HB: McPherson, Hartigan, Smith
C: Mackay, Sloane, Sholl
HF: Lynch, Walker, Keays
F: McAdam, Himmelberg, Stengle
R: ROB, M. Crouch, Laird
I/C: Jones, Schoenberg, Fog, B. Crouch
(might not be actual positions they lined up in but you get the idea)

Butts or McAsey replaces Hartigan. Both come in if Talia misses.
Rowe replaces Stengle
Hately replaces B. Crouch
Milera probably replaces Mackay, but don't rule out Mad Dog from keeping his spot. ;)
Doedee still to come back too.

Other than Mackay, Fogarty and Jones are probably the only two at risk of missing out (which is depressing considering their age and draft position). Everyone else looks to be a lock.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Don't see Kelly as a lock myself.

Nah, Kelly in the SANFL teaching our young defenders how to annoy opposition forwards.

Worrell's AFL time is now.
Because (a) it's us and (b) we did finish the year fairly well, and (c) looking at the side for the Richmond game, who misses out?

B: Brown, Talia, Kelly
HB: McPherson, Hartigan, Smith
C: Mackay, Sloane, Sholl
HF: Lynch, Walker, Keays
F: McAdam, Himmelberg, Stengle
R: ROB, M. Crouch, Laird
I/C: Jones, Schoenberg, Fog, B. Crouch
(might not be actual positions they lined up in but you get the idea)

Butts or McAsey replaces Hartigan. Both come in if Talia misses.
Rowe replaces Stengle
Hately replaces B. Crouch
Milera probably replaces Mackay, but don't rule out Mad Dog from keeping his spot. ;)
Doedee still to come back too.

Other than Mackay, Fogarty and Jones are probably the only two at risk of missing out (which is depressing considering their age and draft position). Everyone else looks to be a lock.
There will be more than 5 changes to our last game.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Nah, Kelly in the SANFL teaching our young defenders how to annoy opposition forwards.

Worrell's AFL time is now.

There will be more than 5 changes to our last game.
It is hard to see who else on face value, but there should be.

Don't see Kelly as a lock myself.

I think Worrell will get his chance, but not right away.

We've got to try and get games into him as well as Thilthorpe, Berry, Pedlar, McHenry, Hamill, O'Connor and maybe a Borlase/Murray (if he gets listed).

This might sound harsh, but I hope we don't bring in guys like Frampton, Seedsman and Murphy as soon as we get an injury. They should all be break glass only.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I think Worrell will get his chance, but not right away.

We've got to try and get games into him as well as Thilthorpe, Berry, Pedlar, McHenry, Hamill, O'Connor and maybe a Borlase/Murray (if he gets listed).

This might sound harsh, but I hope we don't bring in guys like Frampton, Seedsman and Murphy as soon as we get an injury. They should all be break glass only.
We've rarely had the issue we currently face of having a huge number of kids we HAVE to get games into.

Going to hard to squeeze them all in, maybe a block of 4/5 games at a time

The issue is he's not really very good at that

Kelly is pretty solid defensively. Just woeful with the ball in hand

He shouldn't be best 22, but that's because McPherson is a genuinely better footballer.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We've rarely had the issue we currently face of having a huge number of kids we HAVE to get games into.

Going to hard to squeeze them all in, maybe a block of 4/5 games at a time
Competition in the SANFL side will be red hot with many of the youngsters striving for a spot in the AFL side. I expect to see a very dominant crows SANFL side this year AND hopefully players in the league side purely on merit

LC40

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lockdown defenders are rarely highly skilled .....that's why they have to play lockdown :moustache:

I'm tipping Borlase could play that role.
From what I've seen he's very disciplined, has good concentration and complete awareness of his opponents whereabouts.
If given an opportunity he'll be a solid contributor who'll give his opposition player little leeway.
He's a smart player.

Back