Australia tour of New Zealand, 2021- 5 T20 matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
When was the last time a captain was arseold out of the team? Won’t happen though, someone at CA must own a vape shop and finch buys from there

Have you seen the stats of Warner, Smith, Finch and Maxwell (when batting top 4) compared to everyone else. The latter is not pretty reading whatsoever.

Finch’s form is definitely worrying but claiming he didn’t deserve to be captain of the side before this series is bizarre.

Even with his form, everyone else has bar the other three have been absolutely sh** at international T20s for at least three years now.

Personally I think he’s got most of the year to get back in form before he’s not part of our T20 World Cup plans. That includes any domestic T20 comp he manages to get a gig in. For me that’s as much to do with the other options as anything. Got no faith in anyone bar Warner, Smith and Maxwell to perform at international level consistently tbh.

Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Have you seen the stats of Warner, Smith, Finch and Maxwell (when batting top 4) compared to everyone else. The latter is not pretty reading whatsoever.

Finch’s form is definitely worrying but claiming he didn’t deserve to be captain of the side before this series is bizarre.

Even with his form, everyone else has bar the other three have been absolutely sh** at international T20s for at least three years now.

Personally I think he’s got most of the year to get back in form before he’s not part of our T20 World Cup plans. That includes any domestic T20 comp he manages to get a gig in. For me that’s as much to do with the other options as anything. Got no faith in anyone bar Warner, Smith and Maxwell to perform at international level consistently tbh.
He couldn’t do anything in the sub par BBL, he’s just like his vapes, up in smoke

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

Surely there has to be a tipping point with Finch though.
Averaged 13 in the BBL.

It's not like Warner in the last Ashes series where we really didn't have anyone of quality to replace him.

Vegeta

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2015
New Zealand
Other Teams
Black Caps, FC Barcelona & Warriors
Spark Sports have rights for NZC, the commentators now are Scottie Stevensen, Stephen Fleming, Craig McMillian and Brendan McCullum.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Surely there has to be a tipping point with Finch though.
Averaged 13 in the BBL.

It's not like Warner in the last Ashes series where we really didn't have anyone of quality to replace him.

I’m not sure there’s the quality there to replace him you think there is. IMO it’s exactly like David Warner in the Ashes.

Let’s remember two things:
- BBL form has quite often not translated to international level.
- The World T20 is in India. IPL experience will be valuable.

Literally the only batsmen who’ve performed for Australia in this format in three years are Warner, Smith, Finch and Maxwell. It’s not like Warner and Smith haven’t missed plenty of games either (allowing opportunity for others).

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
We are the nice guys of cricket.

Warner would never get a game for the Black Caps, we have a no dickheads policy.

Name a dickhead that played for the Black Caps? I dare you.
Scott Kuggeleijn who will likely play in this series at some point

Lou Vincent of course

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Scott Kuggeleijn who will likely play in this series at some point

Lou Vincent of course
Neil Wagner is apparently a massive FIGJAM. Munro is a sook, which is why he won't be back in the team imo.

Historically Chris Cairns is the obvious one, Adam Parore too, who seems to be widely regarded as an all time great sledger.

We've got a few for sure. Nowhere near as many as Australia, but we've got them.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

Warner and Finch have been a bit of a scourge on our white ball teams really.

They flat track bully and no one else gets a bat when the going is easy.

When the going is tougher they fail and the other bats haven't got the time in the middle behind them and are basically set up to fail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Whoever though David Warner would make a good commentator deserves a solid punch in the face. Barely strings sentences together, invents words like 'misexecution' and then tries to use it all day; you'd think he would at least know a little about cricket, but my favourite moment was when he said he was 'baffled' by Jhye Richardson bowling around the wicket to a left hander as it took all wicket-taking options off the table, only for him to get a wicket several balls later (and it clearly looked planned).

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Warner and Finch have been a bit of a scourge on our white ball teams really.

They flat track bully and no one else gets a bat when the going is easy.

When the going is tougher they fail and the other bats haven't got the time in the middle behind them and are basically set up to fail.

both of them bat too slowly in the early overs "getting their eye in"

both of them bat too slowly in the early overs "getting their eye in"

This is why I’d get rid of Finch and bat Warner at 3 (done that in the IPL). Phillipe and Wade opening. I’d have Mitch Marsh or Wade to captain our t20 side. McDermott in the middle order makes sense

Voice of the G

Premiership Player
Jan 18, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
This is why I’d get rid of Finch and bat Warner at 3 (done that in the IPL). Phillipe and Wade opening. I’d have Mitch Marsh or Wade to captain our t20 side. McDermott in the middle order makes sense

So Maxwell does not impress you as a captain as well.Did a good job with the Stars and not his fault they did not make the finals.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
He was still in in the first over. Don't think he really has any excuses on this occasion, just got deceived my a cross seamer.
No excuses at all.

I'm just saying he made all of his runs as an opener and it's a different mindset coming
in one down instead of opening.

He's possibly the future.
Could've opened with him and batted Wade at 3 IMO.

So Maxwell does not impress you as a captain as well.Did a good job with the Stars and not his fault they did not make the finals.

Rather him focus on his game nothing against him at all actually. Marsh was very good as a leader for a good side knows how to use Richardson too

Drunkcat

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Whoever though David Warner would make a good commentator deserves a solid punch in the face. Barely strings sentences together, invents words like 'misexecution' and then tries to use it all day; you'd think he would at least know a little about cricket, but my favourite moment was when he said he was 'baffled' by Jhye Richardson bowling around the wicket to a left hander as it took all wicket-taking options off the table, only for him to get a wicket several balls later (and it clearly looked planned).
Was it Joe Root who punched Warner in England can see why he is a flog

Remove this Banner Ad

Back