Training 2021 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

With a fit frawley in the mix I dunno about that.

Frawley FB + Doogs CHB could well be a decent improvement on the jake doogs combo.

Dougal has all the tools to be a dominant AA CHB and frawley is the best FB on our list.

I don't think Doogs is there yet...maybe in another year or two. I was surprised with his finish in the B&F to be honest...so clearly rated as an emerging talent and leader. Frawley I'm sure is impressive...and obviously been brought over to do a job, but for mine Carlisle makes guys like Coffield and Clark (when at HBF) play a lot more confidently, and makes the backline better, as evidenced last year.
Guess, we'll see.

Disclaimer: Not for me to question Ratten. Done pretty much everything right so far.

having said that, wasn’t Frawley tapped on the shoulder playing in an awful Hawthorn side? Where is the evidence that he will reverse that slide? Or is it just the usual ‘ training the house down’ at this stage?

Disclaimer: Not for me to question Ratten. Done pretty much everything right so far.

having said that, wasn’t Frawley tapped on the shoulder playing in an awful Hawthorn side? Where is the evidence that he will reverse that slide? Or is it just the usual ‘ training the house down’ at this stage?

Being tapped on the shoulder as a 32 yo by a team bottoming out and pumping games into kids is no indicator of lack of quality or ability to still play top shelf footy.

Paddy Ryder was shipped off by port for free for much the same reason (although not a bottoming out situation)- out with the old, in with the new.

Doesn't mean the dumped player isn't top quality- as evidenced by ryder last year.

Frawley is a role player and imo will be more than useful at our club.
Frawley was pushed out for youth with guys like Will Day getting blooded and having the likes of Gunston , Sicily , Frost and now having Grainger - Barras they have a future star CHB.

I still believe Carlisle will be our CHB and Frawley is just a backup when needed.

If norf don't do one then I highly doubt there will be one. Snake_Baker do you know of one??

I wouldn't bank on it considering we are arguably the worst serviced member base in the competition.

AFAIK, the starting time hasn't been officially published. Some claims are 10:00 and others are 12:00.

There will be folks commenting live from the game on our board, but naturally it would be heavily North focused.

How the hell could it be “behind closed doors” when the oval at Arden St is open to the street?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope they keep the video up afterwards so I can watch a replay, I'll be in the office unfortunately

So will I... but I'll just be closing the door 😉

Maybe they are still working out details with North? Because they haven't said anything about it either.

Maybe.
Heres the article, looks like it's still up but doesnt show when I visit the Saints website.

Maybe.
Heres the article, looks like it's still up but doesnt show when I visit the Saints website.

I'm guessing the media person released the article early and we will get a notification regarding this around 5pm tonight.

Good to see they have decided to make it available to everyone rather than just members only.

He's way ahead of Nathan Wright, Daniel McKenzie or Mav Weller when it comes to finding the ball.

If we're a finals team we need to be setting the minimum requirements for best 22 players a little higher than that lot.

Although it is true that sincs has been forced into playing as a small forward/half forward in recent years it hasn't been entirely the case.

He's also been given plenty of stints on the wing and as a mid since those 2017/2018 glory days and failed to recapture that peak form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back