Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 0 day. 3 more and we are in the clear from the Holiday Inn outbreak which would be an excellent result.

Whilst Sky News isn't too many people's preferred source of news, they seem to have an interesting piece on at 8pm tonight. Big Shots - which sounds like it will rip into the anti-vaxxers. Good.
Mock all you want but people have a right to be concerned about an unproven, untested experimental vaccine that at this stage doesn’t appear to do anything other than possibly lessen the severity of the symptoms.
It’s also experimental technology
This does not mean they deserve the label of ant-vaxxer, only that they’re cautious about what goes into their body.

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Mock all you want but people have a right to be concerned about an unproven, untested experimental vaccine that at this stage doesn’t appear to do anything other than possibly lessen the severity of the symptoms.
This does not mean they deserve the label of ant-vaxxer, only that they’re cautious about what goes into their body.
You're actively diminishing both the means used to procure the vaccine and the results thereof. That is about as anti-vax as possible

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did I mention the Covid vaccine? That documentary sounds like it will focus on the likes of Wakefield, Bobby Kennedy Jr - noted anti-vaxxers, who deserve the label and certainly in the case of Wakefield, actively deceive vulnerable people.

As for your use of "unproven, untested and experimental... at this stage doesn't appear to do anything other than possibly lessen..." presumably in relation to the Covid vaccine, that is false on a number of levels.

BTW, I am not mocking anti-vaxxers, I am condemning them.

Edit: and lessening the effects of Covid is *ing awesome.

Another 0 day. 3 more and we are in the clear from the Holiday Inn outbreak which would be an excellent result.

Whilst Sky News isn't too many people's preferred source of news, they seem to have an interesting piece on at 8pm tonight. Big Shots - which sounds like it will rip into the anti-vaxxers. Good.

The right wing MSM will be pro-vaccine. They were anti restrictions because they thought it would be bad for business. But they know the vaccine will be great for business.

It's great when the interests of big business and humanity align.
Now if they can work out a way of making the vaccine short lasting, whilst still the best, so that we have to buy a booster every month, that'll be great. It will get profits soaring which will gradually trickle down to benefit us even more.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now if they can work out a way of making the vaccine short lasting, whilst still the best, so that we have to buy a booster every month, that'll be great. It will get profits soaring which will gradually trickle down to benefit us even more.
Monthly, then to weekly, daily and before you know it, we will all be hooked up permanently. I think there is a movie plot in there.

I want to take the blue pill and go back to when Pete was the likeable TV chef. As long as his teeth are still awesome.

Bigfooty is trying to tell me that likeable should be spelt likable. This wouldn't happen in The Matrix, thus proving I am outside it.

You've used 'awesome' twice already today and we're yet to hit noon.

You're headed towards dark places.

And Pete was never likeable, or likable, but there was a time when I couldn't figure out why I hated him.

I want to take the blue pill and go back to when Pete was the likeable TV chef. As long as his teeth are still awesome.

Bigfooty is trying to tell me that likeable should be spelt likable. This wouldn't happen in The Matrix, thus proving I am outside it.

Shows AI still has a fair way to go. Once we're more technologically advanced and it knows you are talking about Pete, the spelling of likeable will be changed to lovable.

Go Pete you lovable bastard!

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shows AI still has a fair way to go. Once we're more technologically advanced and it knows you are talking about Pete, the spelling of likeable will be changed to lovable.

Go Pete you lovable bastard!
Evidence of his lovability was his speech to the anti-vaxxers on Sunday. He was on the stage in bare feet. That is authentic, man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first ever thumbs down. You earned it for daring to disrespect Pete Version 1.0.

I won't pretend that the angry thumb doesn't hurt, because the wounds of life cannot heal if you ignore them.

Still, my third-rate psychoanalysis tells me that you're really angry at yourself for not seeing that the devil always lurked in Pete Evans.

Or you're stung for being chided about using the word 'awesome'.

We all need to look deeply within ourselves.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

it keeps wanting me to put z's where the English spelling is with an s, I hate the red line, By the way, why is it an s not a s when there is no vowel in front of s. The English language is way too complicated and i will never work it out!

Evidence of his lovability was his speech to the anti-vaxxers on Sunday. He was on the stage in bare feet. That is authentic, man.
And let's face it, shoes are an oppressive instrument yoking us to the establishment. You know they were shoes in China. And it's being pushed by the corrupt msm with their mind control. Have you noticed that they usually depict people wearing shoes? Bloody sheeple keep wearing the bloody things.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I won't pretend that the angry thumb doesn't hurt, because the wounds of life cannot heal if you ignore them.

Still, my third-rate psychoanalysis tells me that you're really angry at yourself for not seeing that the devil always lurked in Pete Evans.

Or you're stung for being chided about using the word 'awesome'.

We all need to look deeply within ourselves.
I don't like it when people see right through me. Scratch the surface, all you find is more surface. Then, nothing.

It's been Tested and Good Results are coming in.

Don't get Vaccine and nothing Changes

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood

Ahh, maybe not

Pete is air-drying his toe cheese

He then grates this on pasta for his guests

Kinda like grating white truffles, but not really

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Speaking of toe cheese...

The Liberal Village has lost its Idiot to the cross benches

Liberal MP Craig Kelly

While you are in teaching mode, can you please explain the various uses of "gh" which can be silent, g or f?

Aghast
Although
Enough

I don't know about those examples.

But in general with non-phonetic spelling, spelling is more connected to meaning than pronunciation. Pronunciation changes over time and words come from a variety of different languages and we don't always pronounce them the same as the root language. When we first started to get anal about spelling, the convention tended (but not always) to be to stick with the original spelling. The advantage of this is that the root word and thus meaning is more clear and spelling doesn't change as quickly as in other languages - it also keeps spelling constant amongst the various different groups of the English language (imagine Scottish phonetic spelling). The disadvantage is that it makes spelling hard and literacy slower to acquire with patterns and supposed rules regularly broken. Or in other words - tell TKIL to * off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back