Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
65 minutes of workout time, and had the gym entirely to myself. Brilliant

I have experienced various scenarios, packed, semi-packed and empty.

Depending on the time of the week and the workout, I prefer different scenarios. Packed gym is good only when I need to do cardio and nothing else.

The only issue I have with an empty gym is that sometimes I like having eye candy around, just in between sets when I take a break. :drunk:

Ironically when I worked out from home, I loved the peace.

Semi packed gyms are not too bad for me, as it forces me to switch my routine up and around. I only get f**ked off when some campaigner decides his entire workout at one machine for like 30mins.

I have experienced various scenarios, packed, semi-packed and empty.

Depending on the time of the week and the workout, I prefer different scenarios. Packed gym is good only when I need to do cardio and nothing else.

The only issue I have with an empty gym is that sometimes I like having eye candy around, just in between sets when I take a break. :drunk:

Ironically when I worked out from home, I loved the peace.

Semi packed gyms are not too bad for me, as it forces me to switch my routine up and around. I only get f**ked off when some campaigner decides his entire workout at one machine for like 30mins.
Packed can get ****ed

Hence why i left Derimutt. Was always packed

My gym is pretty small so even half a dozen people can mean I have to change up the routine a bit.
Half the guys who come in come in, no warm up, and start doing bicep curls so at least I normally get the oly bar to myself which I use every workout.

K back on the laptop.

Love my PT, we clicked right away- kidding around/joking right away like old friends. (he's an Essendon supporter, explained to him right away how I hate them lol)... but yeah sesh was great. Got me doing:
- burpees
- lunges (regular ones, then ones with a band)
/couple other things cant remember
- quick sesh on the rower 500M
- then an abs workout, which was damn hard

And stretches. All up a 40 min session which is fine with me.

Then after all that I did some weights and left.

Packed can get f’ed

Hence why i left Derimutt. Was always packed
Lel, they can be a pain in the ass peak hour

Caroline Springs was a joke how busy it got, seemed like all of Brimbank trained there, not just Caroline Springs/Deer Park, went there about 10 times over the years, normally at 8-9-10pm, could never get into the dumbbell area any night I went, always made sure I trained legs or back there though so at least I could fall back on a gazillion machines to train on.

Even up here I've encountered these issues

One particular fortnight here I trained at various times between 3pm-10pm Mon-Fri

Could not get into the dumbbell area once, even with the gym not being busy

My gym is pretty small so even half a dozen people can mean I have to change up the routine a bit.
Half the guys who come in come in, no warm up, and start doing bicep curls so at least I normally get the oly bar to myself which I use every workout.
That a Jetts gym?

Easily the smallest commercial gyms I've been to, 1 power rack, a couple of pin loaded machines and hammerstrength machines and 3 benches in front of a 5-40kg dumbbell rack

I think only 2 oly bars

That a Jetts gym?

Easily the smallest commercial gyms I've been to
Nah, little one that was added to an indoor pool about ten years ago.
It's enough for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really miss not having access to a pool.

But leisure centres... hmmm I dunno. I dont wanna join because of the restriction you can ONLY train there and thats it.
Our pool up here is part of a leisure centre, also a much different older demographic compared to Derrimut. I had 2 memberships at the time 1 with them and 1 with Derrimut ($7 a week at Derrimut at the time) was good for flexibility, training peak/off peak, go for a swim after a session or a twice a day routine like pool/cardio morning, weights at night

Their gym is reasonably good peak hour after work, it's mid-mornings where it gets packed with all the mums after they drop their kids off at school or the oldies coming in with a few shift workers, so it was get in and out before 830-9 or dont bother until lunchtime.

But yeah, they then "upgraded" the gym in 2018 and I found it untenable and had to quit my membership, ended up buying a bulk swimming pass (around $5 a visit) which I had to use up across 6 months but worked out ok for about 3-4 times a month. Quite alot of the remaining gym brahs that I knew left too, kinda wonder if it was a deliberate move to get shiny, new but inferior equipment to only cater for the older demographic or if it was a monumental **** up by management in not recognising being able to cater for all types.

Lol. Who u thinks gonna get corona. Your cat
Dust is a problem for moi

Also insects, cobwebs and the odd leaf/grass clipping :(

Gunna grab a decent workshop vac sometime next month, tis my birthday in March too, so it'll be like an early birthday present

Bought a cordless handheld about 4 months ago just to get by, terrible $90 purchase, the suction just is not strong enough, battery life is ok though.

Gunna grab a decent workshop vac sometime next month, tis my birthday in March too, so it'll be like an early birthday present

Bought a cordless handheld about 4 months ago just to get by, terrible $90 purchase, the suction just is not strong enough.
Ita my birthday too! 18th

Bought a cordless handheld about 4 months ago just to get by, terrible $90 purchase, the suction just is not strong enough.

Yeh mines an open carport, ive gotta sweep it out once a week and probably pull everything out and pressure wash it once a quarter

Ita my birthday too! 18th
29th here, Aries ftw

Yeh mines an open carport, ive gotta sweep it out once a week and probably pull everything out and pressure wash it once a quarter
You've got a power tower yeah? That's going no where quick.

I couldn't risk dumbbells, plates, bars etc even a bench out under a carport though, gotta be all locked up.

I did see this once though (think I saw it off twitter last year, though could've been here)

20201031_000300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back