Australia tour of New Zealand, 2021- 5 T20 matches

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Ash Agar get selected having played 0 BBL matches??

Before he was injured he was the #4 ranked bowler in the world in T20s. That's the same ranking system that had Malan as #1 bat so grain of salt and all but he has done ok in the T20 side. The eye would be well and truly on the WC in India by picking him here. Swepson was in the test squad as well before that was called off so they were scraping the barrel for bowlers anyhow.

Whoever though David Warner would make a good commentator deserves a solid punch in the face. Barely strings sentences together, invents words like 'misexecution' and then tries to use it all day; you'd think he would at least know a little about cricket, but my favourite moment was when he said he was 'baffled' by Jhye Richardson bowling around the wicket to a left hander as it took all wicket-taking options off the table, only for him to get a wicket several balls later (and it clearly looked planned).

Weird comment by Davey, when bowlers get him out around the wicket for fun.

You've not followed the last 3 or 4 years of his career then I take it? He's going to score mountains of runs in all formats for them.

Last edited:
Whoever though David Warner would make a good commentator deserves a solid punch in the face. Barely strings sentences together, invents words like 'misexecution' and then tries to use it all day; you'd think he would at least know a little about cricket, but my favourite moment was when he said he was 'baffled' by Jhye Richardson bowling around the wicket to a left hander as it took all wicket-taking options off the table, only for him to get a wicket several balls later (and it clearly looked planned).
Weird comment by Davey, when bowlers get him out around the wicket for fun.
Wasn't this comment in relation to Sunil Narine bowling over the wicket as they were talking about the best spinners Warner has faced?

Richardson just happened to be bowling at the time but they weren't even talking about him I don't think.

Also why did Maxwell go down the order to bat 5.???? was he asked to move down or did he want to go down because Southee and Boult are bowling ??

If so it is not a good look

Also why did Maxwell go down the order to bat 5.???? was he asked to move down or did he want to go down because Southee and Boult are bowling ??

If so it is not a good look
5 seems a pretty normal position for Maxwell to bat in a T20I tbh.

It seems Langer hasn't done his homework-- YET AGAIN!
He missed a trick in not selecting Behrendorff, who is known for his swing bowling. They put the kiwis into bat, despite knowing a score over 170 would be impossible to chase, for a team devoid of finishers with cool heads. This team still has no assigned roles for the players. Where are your best yorker bowlers in Starc and Ellis?? Where is your cool head down the order in Christian??

He missed a trick in not selecting Behrendorff, who is known for his swing bowling. They put the kiwis into bat, despite knowing a score over 170 would be impossible to chase, for a team devoid of finishers with cool heads. This team still has no assigned roles for the players. Where are your best yorker bowlers in Starc and Ellis?? Where is your cool head down the order in Christian??
Langer is not even coach of this team. Andrew McDonald is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starc was in the test squad to SA- was unavailable. Ellis should have been there. Can't believe we selected Kane and his pies Richardson. Behrendorff maybe, there's a million bowlers we could have picked. Cutting or Christian I would have picked no preference either way

Starc was in the test squad to SA- was unavailable. Ellis should have been there. Can't believe we selected Kane and his pies Richardson. Behrendorff maybe, there's a million bowlers we could have picked. Cutting or Christian I would have picked no preference either way
Nah Ellis is still just figuring out a way to pay his rent and care fuel money.

Yeah, their seems to be this unhealthy obsession in constantly picking guys like Kane Richardson, despite him never really doing anything at international level.

He must be a really good bloke though...

Yeah, their seems to be this unhealthy obsession in constantly picking guys like Kane Richardson, despite him never really doing anything at international level.

He must be a really good bloke though...

Who honestly knows it can't be his performance on the field! Must have been how he helped his BBL side to so many wins I'm guessing...oh wait. The other one that could have been picked is Bartlett who actually swings the thing!

Who honestly knows it can't be his performance on the field! Must have been how he helped his BBL side to so many wins I'm guessing...oh wait. The other one that could have been picked is Bartlett who actually swings the thing!
I don't think Langer and co even know who Bartlett is yet -- let alone swing! For a guy who supposedly eats, sleeps and breathes cricket 24/7, you wouldn't know it!

Warner and Finch have been a bit of a scourge on our white ball teams really.

They flat track bully and no one else gets a bat when the going is easy.

When the going is tougher they fail and the other bats haven't got the time in the middle behind them and are basically set up to fail.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Finch since the 2019 World Cup
ODIs
673 runs @ 56.08, SR 81.67

T2OIs
479 runs @ 36.85, SR 147.38

Recency bias playing a huge factor here. Sure, he had an absolute stinker of a BBL, but to suggest his recent Australian white ball form has been a scourge is just wrong.

Couldn't be bothered doing Davey because, well, I don't care about him.

I don't think Langer and co even know who Bartlett is yet -- let alone swing! For a guy who supposedly eats, sleeps and breathes cricket 24/7, you wouldn't know it!

Langer didn't pick the t20 squad, it was McDonald and it could have been Ponting as a selector but I could be wrong on the latter.

Maxwell's body language and Stoinis was terrible yesterday not captaincy material IMO

They might have the same attitude as myself,why are we over there playing 5 T20 games with a 2nd 11 side.Would be better back here playing real cricket,that being Sheffield Shield.

They might have the same attitude as myself,why are we over there playing 5 T20 games with a 2nd 11 side.Would be better back here playing real cricket,that being Sheffield Shield.

If they don't want to be there they can bugger off for good. Ask Phillipe what he thought of yesterday and you'd get a vastly different response.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back