FTA-TV Wandavision

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Darcy Lewis proves a character can revolve around a Haywood and still thrive.

Maybe it's because she comes from Thor who has lots of great characters and and MR comes from Captain Marvel who has next to none. .

Even the way she's getting her powers is pretty yawn worthy.

You might be right and the character improves but I'm not holding out much hope for that.
You seemed to be weirdly fixated on the fact that Monica comes from Captain Marvel (which is a much better flim thatn Thor 1 and 2). If your hate for that film is that strong there's probably nothing that could have ever been done.

There's alot they could have done better about the SWORD crew storyline. I think her storyline has been fine when its been focused on Wanda and not trying to get past whatever obstacle Haywood puts in front of her.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
You seemed to be weirdly fixated on the fact that Monica comes from Captain Marvel (which is a much better flim thatn Thor 1 and 2). If your hate for that film is that strong there's probably nothing that could have ever been done.

There's alot they could have done better about the SWORD crew storyline. I think her storyline has been fine when its been focused on Wanda and not trying to get past whatever obstacle Haywood puts in front of her.
Darcy also doesnt revolve around Hayward at all. She revolves around Rambeau, in fact aside from the scene where Darcy got sucked into the sphere i cant recall them sharing the screen much.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
In the demographics of teenage girls and middle aged women into astrology I would agree they were big fans of Dany.

Everyone else was more into the far more interesting and better acted story arcs.
So the only people who liked Dany were men for the **** and women for the astrology.

Yet she was unpopular?

Were getting off topic her but just no man, she was absolutely one of the most compelling characters on that show and acted well by Emilia Clarke, the final season twist was pretty poorly executed and that when everyone went off her but in the first 4-5 seasons everyone wanted her and the unsullied to go smash the Lannister army.

Plot Twist the big Cameo and the end of the season is The Mother of Dragons.....

tumblr_nndyq15O3c1uqhytqo2_500.gif

Its being said the sitcom recreations wont happen for the last 2 eps. As well as they were done, if by the end of it there is no explanation for why they were done I will be dissapointed. It needs to tie into the plot somehow rather then just have been a gimmick. Same thing with Evan Peters though I suspect that will be explained by the end of the show.

Yeah I dunno, I feel like we've already got a somewhat reasonable explanation as it being Wanda's world that she's created and used to keep Vision distracted from what he's doing there. I think it'll be cool if we get a bit more of a meta explanation for things like the ads, which could be coming with the idea of Agnes being behind it all though?

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Hardly fixated when that's where they are originating from.

We will have to beg to differ because I found not a single character in CM more entertaining than Thor or Loki.

Yeah I dunno, I feel like we've already got a somewhat reasonable explanation as it being Wanda's world that she's created and used to keep Vision distracted from what he's doing there. I think it'll be cool if we get a bit more of a meta explanation for things like the ads, which could be coming with the idea of Agnes being behind it all though?

But that doesnt explain why we have seen all these different era's of television. Im gonna need something better then to keep vision distracted as that could have been donejust the same in present day without them having to travel through the decades of sitcoms. Look not the end of the world if it was just a gimmick but will be more meaningful if there is a reason behind it. We will see what happens.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Its being said the sitcom recreations wont happen for the last 2 eps. As well as they were done, if by the end of it there is no explanation for why they were done I will be dissapointed. It needs to tie into the plot somehow rather then just have been a gimmick. Same thing with Evan Peters though I suspect that will be explained by the end of the show.

I'm happy with that if thats the explanation. I don't think the show succeeds or fails on whether the answer is satisfactory or not. I'm sure to some people it would be though.
The best theory I've seen is that Wanda has had a (well earnt) mental breakdown post Endgame and has used her powers (derived from the reality stone) to create the perfect American life for her and Vision. She bases them off US Sitcoms becuase its what she grew up watching.
Darcy also doesnt revolve around Hayward at all. She revolves around Rambeau, in fact aside from the scene where Darcy got sucked into the sphere i cant recall them sharing the screen much.
Yep. Plus she's comedy relief, Which is much easier to insert into pointless scenes and make them better.

Your avatar is alluring

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
The best theory I've seen is that Wanda has had a (well earnt) mental breakdown post Endgame and has used her powers (derived from the reality stone) to create the perfect American life for her and Vision. She bases them off US Sitcoms becuase its what she grew up watching.
This...
I mean honestly it will be weird if the sitcom thing isnt explained but i wont lose sleep over it.

This...
I mean honestly it will be weird if the sitcom thing isnt explained but i wont lose sleep over it.
reckon episodes 1 and 2 were kinda like sussing the audience out. Fans would stick fat and continue to watch, weed out those who didn't want to perservere

We don't know it started with Wanda. We see her at the funeral in Endgame, then presumably breaking into SWORD and taking Vision before barrier up.

However, blue+red = purple, original barrier was red, but TV vision was blue, and as we saw Agatha arriving in the first episode before assuming the periodic view, assumption is she had previewing of what the period would be, and Wanda creating that world in that location. It's not a stretch to say Agatha provided the impetus originally and has been then integral to Wanda's world.

Which is why she then has book in basement and it being vines unaffected by the hex manipulation, as this is akin to the plumbing of the magical dome; magic hiding within magic. So perhaps she did create it, but was she in her right mind when she did?

The adverts then reflect Wanda's state of mind; new idea toaster into new power into comfort into clean slate aka acceptance of status into "yo magic, the snack for survivors" Agatha in control as titular character in advert dies, into isolation and needing external additions which may end up being worse.

Episode then ends with Agatha basically taking control in world.

This'd then explain the sitcom length, as with new ideas, the more it's explained and viewed the more you think "that's not how this happened/what this does/what this is...".

The "issue" is that this is then also used for Monica to then become a sort of accidental thorn given her now ability to also see the currents behind Wanda and then Agatha's magic (the powerlines on first visit pulsing) and why someone like Dottie who's semingly there with every devil reference, or kids here, friction there, since we don't know full cast of Doc Strange yet.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees

Yep. Plus she's comedy relief, Which is much easier to insert into pointless scenes and make them better.

Wanda’s powers were derived from the mind stone (Loki’s sceptre).

However I do believe she’s somewhat harnessing the remaining residual “energy” of the infinity stones. Thanos said they were reduced to atoms. So perhaps there’s still some lingering effects of the stones out there.

The ads that have been shown, they resemble the powers/capabilities of each stone. The Lagos ad make reference to creating a new beginning (reality stone). Strucker watches (time stone). Yo yo magic seemed to be a trade off where you asked for but have to give up something in the process (soul stone). Hydra soak, take you to a place far away (space stone). And so on.

For me it’s too much to be just a mere coincidence. There’s still something out there that will hopefully be explored in more detail. One thing Marvel does better than anyone is patience. So all the answers may not come during the remaining episodes, it very possibly will take a couple of the subsequent films as well to get there.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong

That was the conclusion I came to watching this, so I hope there is a twist involved because if an idiot like me can come to this conclusion anyone can.

What I would really love is an explanation for why its the Fox movies "Quicksilver" and how come he looks like that and not the MCU version.

Dec 1, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm a couple of episodes behind but thought I'd check in this thread for people's thoughts. I'm enjoying this show, but don't want to comment on much until I'm caught up (which should be in a couple of days, I guess).

They’re the coal lobby of the film industry.
Their time has passed, and all they can do is fling mud and hope some sticks.

Marvel Studios have changed the game.

However, this is just a tad contentious as a statement. I don't want to rain on people's parades, I know people like these movies and this show a lot (I wouldn't call myself anything like a die hard fan, but I think the MCU films have been by and large good entertainment, and this show one of the better things within that).

But directors like Cameron and Scorsese have great cinematic minds and great love for the medium. There is some validity in their criticisms, and it's not because they're old losers who don't like what's come since. It's unsurprising that people who are great auteurs would take some issue with the dominance of a corporate studio franchise, after that's exactly what they rebelled against. And while undoubtedly Marvel have been extremely successful at what they've done (certainly financially, creatively too though nowhere near to the same extent because that's practically impossible), this isn't Twin Peaks.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm a couple of episodes behind but thought I'd check in this thread for people's thoughts. I'm enjoying this show, but don't want to comment on much until I'm caught up (which should be in a couple of days, I guess).

However, this is just a tad contentious as a statement. I don't want to rain on people's parades, I know people like these movies and this show a lot (I wouldn't call myself anything like a die hard fan, but I think the MCU films have been by and large good entertainment, and this show one of the better things within that).

But directors like Cameron and Scorsese have great cinematic minds and great love for the medium. There is some validity in their criticisms, and it's not because they're old losers who don't like what's come since. It's unsurprising that people who are great auteurs would take some issue with the dominance of a corporate studio franchise, after that's exactly what they rebelled against. And while undoubtedly Marvel have been extremely successful at what they've done (certainly financially, creatively too though nowhere near to the same extent because that's practically impossible), this isn't Twin Peaks.

I read that Scorsese has signed a deal with Amazon maybe?

I think there is some "adapt or die" to it. If Nolan, Marty etc. make deals with Amazon they will likely be for a small cinematic release and then streaming on X service.

In reality this was always going to happen, the pandemic just sped it up, also from what ive read the streaming services want less creative control than the old studio model, so if anything its a win for the Autuers.

Back