FTA-TV Holey Moley: will it rate or will it tank? Now with poll :-)

Will it rate or tank?

• It will succeed well enough to see out its run and not come last in its slot

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • It will tank and be shafted in a month

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • It will be a huge success

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
It has run out of steam to be honest. They are lucky it is finishing in 2 episodes rather than another 2.

Over promoting it didn't help.....

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
The ads look awful. I said to my wife that it looks about the worst show ever created.

I have no idea how it has lasted.
The show itself is OK. It's light fluffy entertainment, albeit with the occasional bit of crude humour from the commentators (primarily Rob Riggle). To all intents and purposes it's WipeOut with mini-golf. Not a show with a long shelf life, but better than the 3 episodes it lasted here before the ratings crashed catastrophically.

The concept is good... but Ch7's execution was dire. In the US it works well as 1x 60 min episode per week. Ch7 tried to strip it out at 3x 90-min episodes per week. The extra 30 minutes of running time added no additional content (i.e. no extra competitors, no extra holes), it was just filler. Stripping it, and padding with filler, made it virtually unwatchable. It was a massive overload, and many people just bailed rather than being willing to make the commitment of watching it regularly. This screw up is entirely of Ch7's own making.

If Ch7 put this on Sunday nights, as 1x 60 min episode per week, they'd have a hit on their hands, with 800K+ viewers every week. By stripping it, they turned it into a turkey which was consistently getting < 500K viewers (one episode didn't even get 450K), and finishing 3rd or 4th in its timeslot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
The show itself is OK. It's light fluffy entertainment, albeit with the occasional bit of crude humour from the commentators (primarily Rob Riggle). To all intents and purposes it's WipeOut with mini-golf. Not a show with a long shelf life, but better than the 3 episodes it lasted here before the ratings crashed catastrophically.

The concept is good... but Ch7's execution was dire. In the US it works well as 1x 60 min episode per week. Ch7 tried to strip it out at 3x 90-min episodes per week. The extra 30 minutes of running time added no additional content (i.e. no extra competitors, no extra holes), it was just filler. Stripping it, and padding with filler, made it virtually unwatchable. It was a massive overload, and many people just bailed rather than being willing to make the commitment of watching it regularly. This screw up is entirely of Ch7's own making.

If Ch7 put this on Sunday nights, as 1x 60 min episode per week, they'd have a hit on their hands, with 800K+ viewers every week. By stripping it, they turned it into a turkey which was consistently getting < 500K viewers (one episode didn't even get 450K), and finishing 3rd or 4th in its timeslot.
The ads seem so obnoxious and the two commentators seem like ******* morons.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco

I remember It's A Knockout, which was similar to this show, being a huge hit back in the 1980s but it was limited to one hour long show on Sundays.

If they had strung that out to three 90 minute episodes every week that show probably would've worn out it's welcome and lost it's popularity too.

The ads seem so obnoxious and the two commentators seem like ******* morons.

They aren't morons but their jokes were pretty moronic, there are only so many jokes you can make about Uranus before it starts getting old.

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I remember It's A Knockout, which was similar to this show, being a huge hit back in the 1980s but it was limited to one hour long show on Sundays.

If they had strung that out to three 90 minute episodes every week that show probably would've worn out it's welcome and lost it's popularity too.

They aren't morons but their jokes were pretty moronic, there are only so many jokes you can make about Uranus before it starts getting old.
It’s a Knockout was 100 times better than this garbage.

Two women in mini skirts trying to run up a hill over and over again, and this is aimed at families? I’m surprised there hasn’t been more complaints.

Back