NRL [NRL] SC 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes is a no go I'd think
looks to be on the wing now

KK named at 11 for souffs is worthy of a watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just tweaking my RDT team for the umpteenth time like the others.

For the first time i'm looking to see why these cheapish players are so popular.

This is just RDT based but you get the same drift.

Liddle- God knows. I won't be touching him to start with.
Davey- On 2 good outings final 2 games.
Riki- Only 2 decent scores from 5 outings.
Watson- Based on 2019.
Moylan- Another who is hoping to get back to previous seasons form/appearances.
Murdoch-Masila- Missing for 6 years from NRL (42 tries from 127 games in England)
Ben Turbo- Yet to play
J Brailey- Injured last season but some good averages previous years (I like him a lot)
Utoikamanu - Not really played yet.
Niu- Played 6 times with 1 decent score.
Laurie- Played 3 times with a good score in his last one.
Averillo- Some decent scores in his 13 games last season.
James- A veteran who has had some good seasons.
Fusitu'a- Probably a watch to start with.
Suaalii - Yet to play.
Saddler- Yet to play.

Any thoughts on some of them ?

Just tweaking my RDT team for the umpteenth time like the others.

For the first time i'm looking to see why these cheapish players are so popular.

This is just RDT based but you get the same drift.

Liddle- God knows. I won't be touching him to start with.
Davey- On 2 good outings final 2 games.
Riki- Only 2 decent scores from 5 outings.
Watson- Based on 2019.
Moylan- Another who is hoping to get back to previous seasons form/appearances.
Murdoch-Masila- Missing for 6 years from NRL (42 tries from 127 games in England)
Ben Turbo- Yet to play
J Brailey- Injured last season but some good averages previous years (I like him a lot)
Utoikamanu - Not really played yet.
Niu- Played 6 times with 1 decent score.
Laurie- Played 3 times with a good score in his last one.
Averillo- Some decent scores in his 13 games last season.
James- A veteran who has had some good seasons.
Fusitu'a- Probably a watch to start with.
Suaalii - Yet to play.
Saddler- Yet to play.

Any thoughts on some of them ?

Liddle - First shot at starting hooker role. Not certain he keeps it with Simpkin in the wings. May not play 80 minutes depending on team makeup but if he gets a run of games as starting hooker he should score well enough to justify a spot on your bench

Davey - Don't know too much about him but he seems to be fairly highly rated. Should play decent minutes

Riki - I think he is highly rated internally. He seems a logical replacement for D.Fifita. Looked good in the All stars game

Watson - With the injury of Fitzgibbon there have been articles saying he will start in the 13. Quality impact player, should start in the middle, if he stays injury free he will likely be a very good cash cow. Can fill in at hooker as well if Brailey doesnt play 80

Moylan - Incredibly injury prone but is a pretty good player and looks like he will get a good opportunity in the halves with Johnson out. He only needs to stay fir for 5 rounds and he will have done his job. Whether he can do that though, is the big question.

Murddoch-Masila - Warriors have lots of forwards but if he gets a starting role on an edge, he should have opportunity to score well - watch TLT

B.Trbo - Probably doesnt play early. I dont know much about him

J.Brailey - Should play 80 minutes at hooker and im sure he'll rack up good base stats. Even if he doesnt play 80 (as Mann/Watson can relieve him) he will be a decent option as is his low price

Utoikamanu - Like you said, he hasnt seen much opportunity yet. Wait and see prospect as the Tigers will have a quite different forward pack this season but from what ive heard Utoikamanu is rated highly enough to at least get a bench role. Very cheap so he is a TLT watch but i think he will get an opportunity. How well he will score, i have little idea

Niu - Rated very highly by the club and supporters. Apparantly looks super fit and ripped. At his low price, i think he has pretty big upside. Probably wont be consistent but unless he plays terribly i think he has decent job security.

Laurie - If he gets that FB role he should be a decent scorer. There seems to be a fair bit of doubt around how the Tigers will lineup with their halves/full back. Douehi is out for the first round so i be surprised if Laurie didnt play but he may be out by round 2. Cheap, but a few ? marks. Classic risk v reward i guess. Im willing to take the punt as i think his scoring potential is high for such a low price but maybe just as likely to fail as to succeed

Averillo - Dealing with an injury but will hopefully be fit for round 1. Passed the 'eye test' last season. In what will surely be an improving Bulldogs team, with a new look backline, he should have decent scoring potential.

James (Roberts) - He will play and has been better than decent in the past. Will probably be inconsistent but at his price i think he is well worth the gamble. Hopefully injury stays away until he has made enough cash and we can upgrade him

Fusitu'a - I like him at that price. Hopefully Warriors will play a more enterprising style of footy given they've added a fair few good building blocks. They should improve and Fusitu'a will hopefully score a fair few tries. Not expecting the world from him but has some experience and should have job security.

Sualii - Big wraps on him. If he plays he will be very popular. I may be prepared to take him even if he doesnt get a run for round 1 given that he is priced at the minimum.

Saddler - Is a big bloke, very imposing figure. Cheap with DPP. Watch for TLT but worthwhile including if he is named

EDIT: Realised you probably meant Ryan James when for some reason i just assumed you were talking about Jimmy Roberts!

Last edited:
CHT with a minor quad strain is starting to make me wonder whether I should have him or not.
Is not playing this weekend trial

CHT with a minor quad strain is starting to make me wonder whether I should have him or not.
Is not playing this weekend trial
Yeah ive got the same conundrum. Ive got Fusitu'a who is out this weekend too but should be right for round 1 :huh:

I've managed to get Teddy in without tearing my team apart. I still have all my big guns e.g Cleary, Munster, Papi, Matterson & Crichton etc but my depth in the forwards suffers a little. Bringing Teddy in does pose some questions though, the main one being who do i give the captaincy to on a weekly basis? Sometimes too much choice is a bad thing. I can see myself trying to guess who will score more based on opponent/weather/location etc and ending up with a captaincy average significantly less than both Tedesco and Cleary's averages. The solution is probably just perma-captain one of them but that looms as a tough decision in itself. Maybe Tedesco...

I'm going to loop the vc loop lol
Just need to bring dud in.

My guns at the moment are Teddy Angus Brimson Walker Cleary Lomax Murray Papalii
Cape BMM Brailey mid price ones
Sounds solid. Its interesting the way the captaincy loophole works with NRL SC. I will say that it does make for an intriguing decision/gamble. While i like the VC/C loophole in AFL SC, im kinda glad that it isnt that easy in NRL SC. I dont mind how it works in fantasy either with VC and C being locked at start of the first game. Planning to use the VC/C loophole is definitely interesting strategy wise, particularly as the season advances.

I decided to make a NRL RDT team today. I doubt ill really focus on it but i went for quite a different strategy, loading up with basically the best 2 gun hookers and 4 gun WFBs. I basically spent as little as possible on my centres and halves to facilitate getting all the 'best of the best' guns. To be honest I wasnt going to play it but i figure i can spare 5 mins a week for it, which may end up being efficient and even beneficial. I also love the way the eliminator works so im happy to participate in that. Prizes are crap but it'll still be fun!

EDIT: Gone with all of Teddy, Papi, Brimson & Edwards

Last edited:
I decided to make a NRL RDT team today. I doubt ill really focus on it but i went for quite a different strategy, loading up with basically the best 2 gun hookers and 4 gun WFBs. I basically spent as little as possible on my centres and halves to facilitate getting all the 'best of the best' guns. To be honest I wasnt going to play it but i figure i can spare 5 mins a week for it, which may end up being efficient and even beneficial. I also love the way the eliminator works so im happy to participate in that. Prizes are crap but it'll still be fun!

EDIT: Gone with all of Teddy, Papi, Brimson & Edwards

Yeah i play all the RDT games tbh lol
They currently have 6 games waiting to start apart from the 3 i'm playing already.

My team includes Papi Angus Murray Fifita DCE Munster Teddy Pap Lomax Latrell

Sounds solid. Its interesting the way the captaincy loophole works with NRL SC. I will say that it does make for an intriguing decision/gamble. While i like the VC/C loophole in AFL SC, im kinda glad that it isnt that easy in NRL SC. I dont mind how it works in fantasy either with VC and C being locked at start of the first game. Planning to use the VC/C loophole is definitely interesting strategy wise, particularly as the season advances.

Yeah taking the lowest bench score means you need to ton up with the vc really.
90 min i'd said. x2=180+ say 15 =195 v a 60 score x2 where the on field would need 75 to equal.
So worth the risk i'd say.

A few choices im mulling over:

T.Harris & T.Hoy vs Oates/Ellis & Munster

-Currently have Harris and Hoy mainly because with Ponga out and Edrick Lee potentially out Hoy should play and although it is a small sample size he has proven he is a decent scorer when given the opportunity. Knights have an easy run of games to start the season. Hoy or Ellis/Oates wont be on my bench and not scoring for my team

Niu v Laurie v Fusitu'a (pick 2)

- Currently have Niu and Fusitu'a but i am a little worried by Fusitua's injury so i may go down to Laurie. Im pretty sure ill pick Niu but not 100% anymore

Harris-Tavita v Brooks

- CHT is my preferred option but Brooks has come into consideration given CHT's injury niggle. I may infact make changes to other positions to see what i can come up with, i may end up selecting neither.

I think apart from those decisions, im pretty happy with my team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back