VFL/East Coast Competition Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I do agree, it spits of arrogance, again assuming that Victoria is somehow more deserving. The AFL don't even try and hide their bias most of the time but this is just as explicit in terms of bias as the Grand Final at the MCG for the next 350,000 years.
You are talking almost as much s**t as Steve Hocking.

I pretty much echoed what you said, so if I am talking sh*t then so are you.
Incorrect. The only thing we agree on is the name is just wrong but you think the reason for that is arrogance or some bias. I think it is just plain and simple stupidity. You do not understand the difference between stupidity and arrogance at all. Hope this helps...

I mean the VFA never should have been renamed the VFL. Was a ridiculous decision. This is no surprise, but I mean by this point who cares?

I mean the VFA never should have been renamed the VFL. Was a ridiculous decision.
The VFA was not really renamed. It was killed off by the AFL and absorbed what clubs were left thrown in together with the reserves teams of AFL clubs in Victoria. The people that were the admin for VFA in early 1990's accepted defeat. That dogs breakfast competition of reserves teams and previous VFA clubs got called VSFL or something like that back in mid 1990's and then for incredibly stupid reasons the AFL decided to call the VSFL another name the AFL itself used to be called. Completely stupid no matter what way you look at it. Over two decades later the legacy of stupidity continues as a new competition that should have been named something that identifies itself for the geography it covers of Eastern Seaboard here gets called the same name the AFL was called before 1990. God help the generations of future trying to avoid the confusion between the VFL records of 1897 to present league and the crazy using of that name again for several other comps of seconds level football.
The decisions to name this comp for 2021 as VFL is indeed ridiculous. I am truly amazed how stupid it was to do this and worries me the lack of direction and leadership in both AFL and people as admin meant to be leaders for the level just below it.

I do agree, it spits of arrogance, again assuming that Victoria is somehow more deserving. The AFL don't even try and hide their bias most of the time but this is just as explicit in terms of bias as the Grand Final at the MCG for the next 350,000 years.

Lol.

The cheek on you lot.

I think this is your correct answer:

"Thank you daddy for bailing out NSW/QLD football for no commercial benefit for the 1000x"

This has only been brought about because of the cluster* that is the NEAFL. Not the VFL. The VFL was functioning fine, it was the strongest state league side in the nation.

The AFL just wanted to incorporate the two leagues so the NEAFL could jump on the coat tails of the VFL to increase the playing standard and development benefits to your academy players being able to play games in this competition.

If the Swans spent more time investing in grassroots rather than just pumping everything they have into their next academy rort, the NEAFL might not have needed this bastardisation to better the standard....

"Thank you daddy for bailing out NSW/QLD football for no commercial benefit for the 1000x"

Um, what team do you support again? I mean it surely has to be a club that has never needed financial support and undoubtedly is also a club that provides a real benefit to the competition, so if it suddenly disappeared there would be a huge hit to the TV rights deal.

Keeping the name VFL is a cost-saving exercise more than anything else. No need to print new signage, stationery, website, etc or pay designers to come up with a new logo.

16 of the 22 clubs are Victorian based. Why is it stupid to use the VFL name?

From a marketing point of view, 'VFL' carries a lot more weight and is vastly more identifiable than an obscure name like the 'East Coast FL' ever would.

The AFL tried to be cute calling its new comp the 'NEAFL' a decade ago and we know how that ended.

Get on with the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fixture was supposed to come out last month

still nothing
Doubt we will get a whole season fixture. These teams are semi-pro, they can’t go into hubs. What a rediculous decision to start this new interstate league this year in the midst of COVID. Should have stuck with the status quo for 2021 and start this in 2022 once the vaccine has kicked in.

Lol.

The cheek on you lot.

I think this is your correct answer:

This has only been brought about because of the clusterfu** that is the NEAFL. Not the VFL. The VFL was functioning fine, it was the strongest state league side in the nation.

The AFL just wanted to incorporate the two leagues so the NEAFL could jump on the coat tails of the VFL to increase the playing standard and development benefits to your academy players being able to play games in this competition.

If the Swans spent more time investing in grassroots rather than just pumping everything they have into their next academy rort, the NEAFL might not have needed this bastardisation to better the standard....
Agree. What an indictment on the code in Sydney that after 40 years the standard to low for a semi pro comp. Six teams would be fine. SS, GSW, Syd Uni and three more. Would promote the game in Sydney and keep costs down.
Queensland is definitely strong enough for a six or eight team QAFl inc BL & GC ressies.
This new structure is not helping the game in NSW, Vic, Qld or ACT.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back