Rumour Dusty to Sydney rumour

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale has responded to two News Corp reports involving the Tigers that left fans asking several questions.

The first? A report suggesting Dustin Martin would be the target of an overture from Sydney when Lance Franklin’s contract expired at the end of 2022.

“It was a very interesting article, Gerard,” Gale said on 3AW with a chuckle.

“Firstly, Dustin is contracted until 2024.”

The second? A report claiming Richmond had been particularly sensitive about the editing of an upcoming Amazon documentary following the club last season.

“I did read that article and it’s complete rubbish,” Gale said.

Gale said the Tigers could not have been “more co-operative” during the process.

Petracca is a far superior player to Dusty.
I thought this was common knowledge.

He and a few hundred others.

Richmond has no good players and if it wasn't for the massive #VICBIAS of getting to play the GF on the G, we'd never have a chance.

Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale has responded to two News Corp reports involving the Tigers that left fans asking several questions.

The first? A report suggesting Dustin Martin would be the target of an overture from Sydney when Lance Franklin’s contract expired at the end of 2022.

“It was a very interesting article, Gerard,” Gale said on 3AW with a chuckle.

“Firstly, Dustin is contracted until 2024.”

The second? A report claiming Richmond had been particularly sensitive about the editing of an upcoming Amazon documentary following the club last season.

“I did read that article and it’s complete rubbish,” Gale said.

Gale said the Tigers could not have been “more co-operative” during the process.

The greatest part of the interview was when Gerard tried to corner Benny , suggesting Benny will be the next CEO of the AFL and it will be his decision on whether Tassie gets a side in the AFL .
Benny’s response was one of politeness although pointed which insinuated . * off Gerard you utensil head.

To make Dusty more money, the AFL should allow him to play AFLW when they have those uneven games.
For example Team A is 6 goals up at 3 quarter time, this triggers the 'Dusty rule' and Dusty comes in and plays the last quarter for the Team B.
It's a win/win.
Dusty could play the last quarter as Team B and still get them over the line.

Where individual AFL players make money is limited. Dusty is known nationally by AFL supporters. So his personal brand would transfer wherever he went. Being at Richmond during our current period of success probably boosts his earning power.
I read somewhere that signings was a big earner for players. Flag contention would maximise that.
Right now, and for long after he retires, Dusty could be earning mega bucks as a feature (keynote) speaker for corporate events. Olympians from last century are still getting such work. Just need a good script written for him that he can easily remember. Intermingle that with vision - career highlights plus some of his NS acceptance speeches (for the laughs). Long time since I was involved in such but he would easily get $25k and could get close to 6 figure per engagement if handled right.
Actually, I just googled and he is already doing that ( Dustin Martin | AFL | International Speakers Group). No need for him to potentially wreck his body playing as his body begins to age (post 2024).

Right now, and for long after he retires, Dusty could be earning mega bucks as a feature (keynote) speaker for corporate events. Olympians from last century are still getting such work. Just need a good script written for him that he can easily remember. Intermingle that with vision - career highlights plus some of his NS acceptance speeches (for the laughs). Long time since I was involved in such but he would easily get $25k and could get close to 6 figure per engagement if handled right.
Actually, I just googled and he is already doing that ( Dustin Martin | AFL | International Speakers Group). No need for him to potentially wreck his body playing as his body begins to age (post 2024).
It’s fantastic. Given how media shy he appeared to be

Hmmm, go to Sydney and be in a mediocre team or stay with the tigs who will challenge for another 3 flags? What would you do? .

if he stays he will give hisself a chance to be considered the greatest footballer ever...considering he a another 3 good years.

Lots of meat to this story I reckon - after all, wasn't Dusty photographed having a conversation with a brick pillar whilst in Sydney a few weeks ago?
Loves the place - Done deal....
He loves Sydney maaaaaaate
Lived in Camden once
Oh and he’s mates with Cameron Munster
His comments moved me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't see Dusty wanting to leave, but if he did at the end of next season, I would ask for Logan McDonald and 2 first rounders.

I can't believe I'm even dedicating any oxygen to this mess, but just because I've been chatting during the week with a close family member of Dustin's I'll throw in what transpired. Dustin Martin will definitively and conclusively not be leaving Tigerland, neither at the end of this year, next year or the foreseeable future.

Take it to the bank.

I can't believe I'm even dedicating any oxygen to this mess, but just because I've been chatting during the week with a close family member of Dustin's I'll throw in what transpired. Dustin Martin will definitively and conclusively not be leaving Tigerland, neither at the end of this year, next year or the foreseeable future.

Take it to the bank.
No shock there is zero reason why he would leave.

7 first round picks seems too low for a 5 time Norm Smith triple Blownlow medallist.

Cant see him winning another brownlow. The narrative is he is inconsistent during the year, or not a home and away player.

Personally I disagree, I just think that people expect finals Dusty mid year and can’t accept 24 touches a goal as a great game for him.

Take it to the bank.
how did you get into enzed and talk to shane?

Take it to the bank.
Does that mean we can pay him
1615162276226.png ?

Breaking News! Franklin in doubt for Round 1 (AGAIN!) Amazing Swans have played for so many years now without their highest paid player - great deal that!

Last edited:

Take it to the bank.
You’re not telling me anything I don’t know , if people couldnt see RC was working his audience by pissing in their pockets I genuinely pity them, feel free to dm me for some free life skills . Ooh dusty loves Sydney, he lived in Camden once , and did I tell u he’s friends with Cameron Munster

You’re not telling me anything I don’t know , if people couldnt see RC was working his audience by pissing in their pockets I genuinely pity them, feel free to dm me for some free life skills . Ooh dusty loves Sydney, he lived in Camden once , and did I tell u he’s friends with Cameron Munster
Anyone who believes living in Camden is going to endear you to Sydney has rocks in their head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back