Banter TRTT Part 11: Ghosts n Sh..tuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
They make hot birds look worse.

You know what looks best in hot birds? Nothing. Tattoos are like an Ed Hardy accessory you can never remove.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Like a bumper sticker on a Bentley

Didn't it mean it like that, was a genuine question.

Though I will also accept that you think I'm that witty.

Oh I thought you were implying I was the daughter or the grandmother.

I’m a bit sensitive today.

I had them all over well chest arms back and legs anyway. Almost back to a point I can wear a t-shirt and shorts and you can’t see any.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Yeah i reckon Ed and Paps are kidding themselves at turning their noses up at that.
There's a difference between something not being exactly to liking and turning ones nose up at it.

I prefer a VK Commodore to a VL but if someone offered me a Turbo I'm taking it and running. Or driving. That would make more sense.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Oh I thought you were implying I was the daughter or the grandmother.

I’m a bit sensitive today.

I had them all over well chest arms back and legs anyway. Almost back to a point I can wear a t-shirt and shorts and you can’t see any.
So you had a bit of everything? Didn't go the full Dane Beams?

Dane Swan's tattoos actually look like something an enthusiast would get, but Beams... Dice. Spider web elbow. Flames. Southern Cross. It's like boss level bogan bingo.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari is making one FFS. We are truly in the end times.
And people thought society was doomed when Holden was selling 100k commodores a decade back.

Now even the most prestigious brands in the world are looking to tap in to that soccer mum market.

Last edited:

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And people thought society was doomed when Holden was selling 100k commodores a decade back.

Now even the most prestigious brands in the world are looking to tap in to that soccer mum market.

They're just giving the people what they want. Ferrari don't even sell manual cars anymore.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There's a difference between something not being exactly to liking and turning ones nose up at it.

I prefer a VK Commodore to a VL but if someone offered me a Turbo I'm taking it and running. Or driving. That would make more sense.

VL Calais with the V8 punching out a massive 130kw... Yeah baby

1986-holden-vl-calais-v8-sedan.jpg

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
VL Calais with the V8 punching out a massive 130kw... Yeah baby

1986-holden-vl-calais-v8-sedan.jpg
Hey my V8 punches out about that!

It's also 15 years older and 50 cubes smaller though.

Brock's VKs were putting out close to 200kw with the same engine.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
They're just giving the people what they want. Ferrari don't even sell manual cars anymore.
'nobody wants manual anymore'

Every car review I've watched recently

'the proper manual gearbox is fantastic in this car (HSV) and offers a true driving experience'

But edgie, most people don't want a true driving experience!

Well mate, I reckon those who are buying a Ferrari do, and if they are just casual motorists, then there is officially too much money in the world.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
'nobody wants manual anymore'

Every car review I've watched recently

'the proper manual gearbox is fantastic in this car (HSV) and offers a true driving experience'

But edgie, most people don't want a true driving experience!

Well mate, I reckon those who are buying a Ferrari do, and if they are just casual motorists, then there is officially too much money in the world.

http://gtcarlot.com/data/Lamborghini/Diablo/1999/146685/Transmission-146761.html

Phwoar now that's a gear stick

And look at all those tactile buttons

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Depends on your definition of manual. You still select each gear just not in the traditional way. Their core purpose is building sports cars and all the best racing categories use this technology, so that makes sense to me.

What doesn’t make sense is four doors and a boot that’s big enough for a pram and the weekly shop. That’s about as far away from who they are as they can get. It’s their Southern Power moment.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Depends on your definition of manual. You still select each gear just not in the traditional way. Their core purpose is building sports cars and all the best racing categories use this technology, so that makes sense to me.

What doesn’t make sense is four doors and a boot that’s big enough for a pram and the weekly shop. That’s about as far away from who they are as they can get. It’s their Southern Power moment.
Lambo made a 4x4 and it didn't diminish their rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back