Membership 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Due to the joint efforts of Adelaide Oval Football Members, SA Health, SAPOL and gameday Event Staff we were able to return crowds safely to Adelaide Oval in Season 2020.
This has allowed us to host even bigger crowds in 2021 as we reach 75% capacity - that's nearly 40,000 footy fans!
As we gear up for another exciting year of AFL we are pleased to provide the first member update for Season 2021 - seating and ticketing.

210219Membershipheader-9900000000079e3c.png
- Membership packs will begin arriving early March so keep an eye on your letterbox!
- There will be a return to normal membership conditions for Season 2021. If you decide not to attend a game there will be no pro-rata ticket value credited to next season.

210222_AOFM_EDM_Elements_V3-9900000000079e3c.png
Seating arrangements are moving from a checkerboard style to a pod format in Season 2021. This pod format enables us to maximise the number of seats available at Adelaide Oval, while maintaining social distancing requirements.
Pods are groups of seats in capacities of 120 people, bordered by two vacant rows and/or an aisle. Unless on the edge of a pod, you may have people in front, behind and either side of you.
There will be no unreserved seating.
Depending on the type of Adelaide Oval Football Member, there are four different methods of accessing games in Season 2021.

AOFMEDMElementsV2-01-9900000000079e3c.png
Please note, you will not be able to turn up on game day and scan your membership card for entry.
You will be required to book a reserved seated ticket within the Western Stand on a game-by-game basis for each game you plan on attending.
There will be no fee to book the reserved seated ticket which means you get to enhance your gameday experience with a reserved seat at no additional cost!
You will be provided with an exclusive priority window to book (in conjunction with Essential Crows or Essential Power members for their respective home games) before any remaining tickets are made available to the public.
Further information including your priority window and links to book your seats via Ticketek will be sent to you via email as we approach the start of the 2021 Season.

How will Season Reserved Seat members be allocated a seat?
- Most Season Reserved Seat Members will not be impacted by the 'pod' system.
- Members who have not been impacted will be able to sit in their normal Season Reserved Seat.
- Season Reserved Seat members who have been impacted (their seat is now unavailable) will need to be relocated to alternative seats for the 2021 season. We will attempt to relocate members to seats that are as comparable as possible.
- Season Reserved Seat Members who need to be relocated will be contacted via email with their new seating location, and have a new membership card issued to them with their new Season Reserved Seat details.

AOFMEDMElementsV2-02-9900000000079e3c.png
- For Adelaide Crows home games:
You must use your membership card for entry and sit in your Adelaide Crows Season Reserved Seat.

- For Port Adelaide home games:
You will not be able to turn up on game day and scan your membership card for entry to Port Adelaide home games.
You will be required to book a reserved seated ticket within the Western Stand on a game-by-game basis for each Port Adelaide game you plan on attending.
There will be no fee to book the reserved seated ticket which means you get to enhance your experience with a reserved seat for Power home games at no additional cost!
You will be provided with an exclusive priority window to book (in conjunction with Essential Power members) before any remaining tickets are made available to the public.
Further information including your priority window and links to book your seat via Ticketek will be sent to you via email as we approach the start of the 2021 Season.

AOFMEDMElementsV2-03-9900000000079e3c.png
- For Port Adelaide home games:
You must use your membership card for entry and sit in your Port Adelaide Season Reserved Seat.

- For Adelaide Crows home games:
You will not be able to turn up on game day and scan your membership card for entry to Adelaide Crows home games.
You will be required to book a reserved seated ticket within the Western Stand on a game-by-game basis for each Adelaide Crows game you plan on attending.
There will be no fee to book the reserved seated ticket which means you get to enhance your experience with a reserved seat for Crows home games at no additional cost!
You will be provided with an exclusive priority window to book (in conjunction with Essential Crows members) before any remaining tickets are made available to the public.
Further information including your priority window and links to book your seat via Ticketek will be sent to you via email as we approach the start of the 2021 Season.

AOFMEDMElementsV2-04-9900000000079e3c.png
You must use your membership card for entry to both Adelaide Crows and Port Adelaide home games and sit in your Season Reserved Seat.
You do not need to redeem tickets online in Season 2021.

I don't understand how there can be "pods", yet you get to sit in your normal seat?
Similar to what the Gabba did last year.

It could be 4 rows, 2 row gap etc.

That 4 rows is the pod.

If there's a positive case, everyone in that 4 row pod is a close contact and required to self isolate and must get a test.

While the rest of the stadium could just be, watch for for symptoms, get tested if symptoms arise

Similar to what the Gabba did last year.

It could be 4 rows, 2 row gap etc.

That 4 rows is the pod.

If there's a positive case, everyone in that 4 row pod is a close contact and required to self isolate and must get a test.

While the rest of the stadium could just be, watch for for symptoms, get tested if symptoms arise

Yes but they're saying these pods will 120 people max and have vacant rows. If you're normal seat is in a vacant row, this doesn't make sense.

For Adelaide Crows home games: You must use your membership card for entry and sit in your Adelaide Crows Season Reserved Seat.

Unless of course they advise people they've got new seats I guess?

Yes but they're saying these pods will 120 people max and have vacant rows. If you're normal seat is in a vacant row, this doesn't make sense.

Unless of course they advise people they've got new seats I guess?
If you belong in those 2 rows between then 4-5 row pods. You'll be moved into vacant seats in those rows.

The interesting one will be if there's big groups. Will they move people around a little within their pods.

has anyone heard, if you are on the wait list to change seats, when it will be happening if it hasn't happened already, we got a email last month but that's the last we have heard

I have received two emails recently that contained a link where I can login and select new seats. If that's what your are trying to do.

I actually didn't want that. I want to buy an extra seat next to mine which is empty, but.... For some reason they've put me on this wait list that I get emailed every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have received two emails recently that contained a link where I can login and select new seats. If that's what your are trying to do.

yea thats what we wanted, guess we are waiting to next year to change seats

If you belong in those 2 rows between then 4-5 row pods. You'll be moved into vacant seats in those rows.

The interesting one will be if there's big groups. Will they move people around a little within their pods.

I take it as the whole row will be moved elsewhere so hopefully they would still be together (probably unlikely i would say a group of more than about 6 would be placed together imo) but will impact those who sit near each other but not in same row ie. directly behind each other. Overall it is minor really compared to last year where you were all over the place and having to book each week.

I know that I have missed the boat this year, but how do you get yourself on the list to change/upgrade your seat?

I rang the club a few months ago and was just fobbed off and discouraged from doing it.

i sent a email through the website last year and they responded within 2 days saying we have been put back on the wait list to change seats

I have been a Crows member since I was a young lad back in 1991 and a Gold Member since it was introduced in 1998. I was initially a bit pissed off last year when we had to ask/beg for a refund but I eventually decided to make a 100% ”donation”. I was delighted to watch 5 games from the nose bleeds last season and I have greater appreciation of advantages of the Western Stand for day matches.

Despite ongoing uncertainty I have renewed both my 11 game membership plus Gold Membership (which is purely a donation to the club for the next few years). I can accept that with a 40,000 crowd limit I will not get the 11 matches that I have paid for but is it unreasonable to expect an automatic credit for next years membership for the matches that I miss?

with the club making a shameless play on tugging the heartstrings to cajole members into donating membership and gold membership monies to it; would it not be unreasonable to also expect a little more transparency from them?

what’s the point of having passionate and loyal supporters if you can’t turn to them in a time of need, so on that level you can understand, but we are perhaps the least transparent club in the comp.

how about open and honest relations between parties?

That's filed along with the explanation of the five year plan, why Nigel Smart was let go, and what really happened during Tippettgate.

exactly my point

why don’t we report our spend against the soft cap (1 of only 2 clubs that done); what are you doing with the money? How has Covid impacted our resourcing decisions.

is it true we pay less than the salary cap?

if you want members money, for nothing in some cases, open up a bit more.

a club run for the members might already have been doing this, so how about we get back on an even footing

I know that I have missed the boat this year, but how do you get yourself on the list to change/upgrade your seat?

I rang the club a few months ago and was just fobbed off and discouraged from doing it.

They're probably discouraging it due to Covid I guess, but yep if you give them an email to ask to be put on the seat change list, they will add you.

I got offered seat change last year, and requested it again (trying to get closer to my group of mates every year, but didn't get it this year).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back