Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2017
Canberra, ACT
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sometimes I read this stuff and think that someone is trying to pull our collective legs...but to keep it going against a bloke that's already won a couple of B+F's and been a dual AA is just childish jealousy. So he makes more money than you'd like to pay him....get over it.
Alongside Darcy Moore and Taylor Adams, Grundy is a fantastic advertisement for our club. He's socially conscious off the field and a true competitor on the field.
If you really want to complain about people not being worth their wages....turn your vitriol towards Canberra.
The city I live in (and its inhabitants) gets a bum rap, thanks to the politicians who fly in here to meet at Parliament House very once in a while :)

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
One of our posters who goes to almost every training and does handy write ups about em says he looks as good as ever. Paraphrasing, but I interpreted it as him no longer labouring out there like he did last year. So hopefully back to normal.

Sadly no Reg Grundy mo on display :(
Do we know what was actually wrong with him last year? Was he carrying an injury?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do we know what was actually wrong with him last year? Was he carrying an injury?

Nothing has come to light. Might just not have had his head in the game with hub life. As I've said elsewhere, he didn't build on his stellar 2019 season but still wasn't anywhere near as bad as some suggest.

Nothing has come to light. Might just not have had his head in the game with hub life. As I've said elsewhere, he didn't build on his stellar 2019 season but still wasn't anywhere near as bad as some suggest.
If he was a full forward he went from an 80 goal season to a 50 goal season. It was a poor year for him, but pretty bloody good for most other ruckmen.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England

No motivation to perform now he's got his lifelong contract.

Would have played a lot better if the club held off contract negotiations till after the season instead of caving first week of January!

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Would have played a lot better if the club held off contract negotiations till after the season instead of caving first week of January!

Don't worry, that thought did cross my mind and if he got the sooks over Hub life then that is just disappointing because on the money he is on, We should expect better than that

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its a good place to fly into to head out of to go trout fishing!
Always better heading out than in lol.

Considering the efforts of our fearless leaders I am always afraid of advanced ossification of the frontal lobe when ever I visit lol

Any chance you can stop going on about his contract?

Here is a forum rule you should know about -
  • This is a forum for Collingwood supporters, not Collingwood detractors, so if you dip predominantly into the latter, you leave yourself open to sanctions. Repetitive negative agendas will be watched closely and actioned.

Last edited:

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any chance you can stop going on about his contract?

Here is a forum rule you should know about -
  • This is a forum for Collingwood supporters, not Collingwood detractors, so if you dip predominantly into the latter, you leave yourself open to sanctions. Repetitive negative agendas will be watched closely and actioned.
He doesn't give a sht about rules because he knows they aren't enforced.
He's a hardened troll on 2 sites and you keep feeding him.

Aug 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
If only people so quickly jumped to the defence of a previous Copeland trophy, AA, premiership player who copped nothing but vitriol from this and other Collingwood forums...

Yet Grundy is untouchable despite likely never doing 2 of those things...

It's great people come to 'discussion' forums just to hear like minded people say how great everything is and ignore any negativity. Can't stand anyone who dares to express a different opinion.

Of course some of these same posters have no problems having negative opinions on other players...
He’s a good person though, so there’s that.

If only people so quickly jumped to the defence of a previous Copeland trophy, AA, premiership player who copped nothing but vitriol from this and other Collingwood forums...

It's great people come to 'discussion' forums just to hear like minded people say how great everything is and ignore any negativity. Can't stand anyone who dares to express a different opinion.

Of course some of these same posters have no problems having negative opinions on other players...
Your opinion is garbage though.

So you're justifying your unreasonable criticism of Grundy by pointing out that Cloke was unjustly unreasonably criticised. Makes sense to me:drunk:

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
He was also in his final year of his degree, his future in the game and financial future secure, football may have inadvertently slipped a little. He is human......or is he.?.

I think he has taken on more studies and good on him but hopefully we’ll see him bounce back and get better.

Which 2 things? Because by my count Grundy has won the Copeland twice and been AA twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back