Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, that's not really true... 31% of people aged 25-34 voted Coalition at the last federal election, which is a lot more than just the happy clappers
Then those 31% are elite private school boys and girls, and happy clappers. Or in my area w***ers who hate immergartion yet vote for the party of 457 visas.

My goal is make sure the Liberal party dies in my life time.

Think about this for a minute........the govt has spent over 300k so far looking for a CEO for Australia post yet for the job of PM, leader of our govt overseeing billions and billions of dollars he is picked by his mates in a party room even though he has been sacked from his past 2 jobs. Great system and it applies to all the ministers and treasurer. :thumbsu:

You’re being too kind.

After the two jobs he was sacked from he went for preselection and LOST (82-8)... then Towke had four articles defaming him appeared in the News Ltd press over the space of a week (which he won a case over...).

Morrison won a second ballot.

Last edited:
You’re being too kind.

After the two jobs he was sacked from he went for preselection and LOST (82-8)... then Towke had four articles defaming him appeared in the News Ltd press over the space of a week (which he won a court case over...).

Morrison won a second ballot.
Still being too kind, one of those jobs he had to sign an NDA because he was a corrupt fat campaigner

Last time I looked at their platform (which would have been around the 2019 election) it was fairly clearly spelled out under foreign policy
You referring to their 2010 resolution on Israel/Palestine?

Where they clearly state their support for a two-state solution (based on 1967 boundaries) and reject all acts of violence? A quick skim-read of that certainly isn't revealing any support for ethnic cleansing.

Am I missing something or were you talking complete s**t?

Then those 31% are elite private school boys and girls, and happy clappers. Or in my area w***ers who hate immergartion yet vote for the party of 457 visas.

My goal is make sure the Liberal party dies in my life time.
Realistically a lot of the rest will start voting Liberal once they get a mortgage and a couple of kids

The ALP really needs to find a way to appeal to young middle-income families, they always lose elections in the 35-45 age bracket

Realistically a lot of the rest will start voting Liberal once they get a mortgage and a couple of kids

The ALP really needs to find a way to appeal to young middle-income families, they always lose elections in the 35-45 age bracket
Most of us dont have mortgages and a couple of kids, we have shitty employment opportunities and a rising cost of living

More most of us are not married and have kids the more labor will get votes, more and more people are tired of the LNP ******* us in the arse, we will get our vengeance against them. Their party will die.

The LNP has stolen from my generation for too long, time to get back my pound of flesh from those pricks.

Finding a way to remind them that they have a heart might work. Also disabuse them of the notion that they will ever be rich so they should stop voting for the capital-owning vampire class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If forced removal = ethnic cleansing then the Morrison government has another huge problem to deal with.
I don't think it would be too hard to find a policy or ten in the platforms of either major party that someone somewhere in the country would find abhorrent.

But because our mate here has identified something that he defines that way in the Greens platform, he's saying no to genuine corruption reform in this country.

Things have really gotten that barmy.

The one where they call for the forced deportation of all Israeli settlers from the West Bank and East Jerusalem - yes

That is the definition of ethnic cleansing
Well to be more accurate they call for "the immediate freezing of all Israeli settlement activity in the occupied territories (including natural growth) and the simultaneous commencement of the repatriation of the Israeli settlers from the Palestinian territories".

Look, I don't personally have a view on the issue of Israeli settlements, bloody wicked problem to solve. Settlement issue aside, it's not an overly controversial policy statement.

Anyhow, the coalition have some shocking foreign policy regarding the Middle East. Imagine floating the idea of moving an embassy to win a few votes in one electorate.

If forced removal = ethnic cleansing then the Morrison government has another huge problem to deal with.
I don't think it would be too hard to find a policy or ten in the platforms of either major party that someone somewhere in the country would find abhorrent.
Come on guys, you and I both know that advocating the wholesale clearance of an ethnic group from disputed territories is right out of the Slobodan Milosovic playbook. A lot of those settlers have been there for multiple generations at this point.

It's a totally unconscionable policy, and I'm surprised you're so happy to brush it off

Most of us dont have mortgages and a couple of kids, we have shitty employment opportunities and a rising cost of living

More most of us are not married and have kids the more labor will get votes, more and more people are tired of the LNP ******* us in the arse, we will get our vengeance against them. Their party will die.

The LNP has stolen from my generation for too long, time to get back my pound of flesh from those pricks.
I mean... maybe. But people your age said similar things 14 years ago during Kevin07, and the statistics show a lot of them voting Coalition now.

Finding a way to remind them that they have a heart might work. Also disabuse them of the notion that they will ever be rich so they should stop voting for the capital-owning vampire class.
It would probably suffice to just stop picking their pocket

Someone on $60k a year was better off under the Coalition's tax plan at the last election, which is just crazy - no way the ALP shouldn't be able to offer those voters a better deal

If they need the money just tax the people on $140K+ more, those votes are far less valuable

Come on guys, you and I both know that advocating the wholesale clearance of an ethnic group from disputed territories is right out of the Slobodan Milosovic playbook. A lot of those settlers have been there for multiple generations at this point.

It's a totally unconscionable policy, and I'm surprised you're so happy to brush it off

I mean... maybe. But people your age said similar things 14 years ago during Kevin07, and the statistics show a lot of them voting Coalition now.

It would probably suffice to just stop picking their pocket

Someone on $60k a year was better off under the Coalition's tax plan at the last election, which is just crazy - no way the ALP shouldn't be able to offer those voters a better deal

If they need the money just tax the people on $140K+ more, those votes are far less valuable
Look the repatriation issue is troublesome but our PM floated the idea of moving the Embassy to Jerusalem. That is radical. That would pretty much signify an end to support for a two state solution. That is far more radical than a minor aspect of the Green's policy that would be unlikely to get up in any actual resolution.

People 14 years ago are different from today

There is more Murdoch and Fairfax bullshit but we have more media options, more choice and more information. Most of it is against the LNP who are scared of the new world and new media.

Don't forget an increasingly casualized workforce and house prices out of reach of many.

There's nothing like trying to get a $300k mortgage when you are doing 25 hours a week at Woolies.

Don't forget an increasingly casualized workforce and house prices out of reach of many.

There's nothing like trying to get a $300k mortgage when you are doing 25 hours a week at Woolies.
Underemployment is also about to ruin this nations ability to pay for pensions.

If I am Scotty i am making sure that every Aussie has a 40 hour well paying job per week or else this nation is ****ed even more.

But Scatty cant see past next week let alone 10 years down the line (Can we get like a clone of Keating in charge, I want My nation to be in safe hands, not in the hands of *s)

Look the repatriation issue is troublesome but our PM floated the idea of moving the Embassy to Jerusalem. That is radical. That would pretty much signify an end to support for a two state solution. That is far more radical than a minor aspect of the Green's policy that would be unlikely to get up in any actual resolution.
I don’t support moving the embassy, but saying it’s more radical than advocating forced removal of three quarter of a million people from their homes is risible

Firstly I'm happy to brush it off because I can find no evidence of it on the Greens website, so I think the the onus is on you to establish that the Greens have a policy of ethnic cleansing. (But as I said, your framing of the issue is entirely loaded anyway. I am not going to get into a pissing contest about who has occupied a territory longer. These issues are incredibly complex and simplistic caricatures do no-one any good.)

Secondly, I can find policies from Labor and the Coalition that I find abhorrent and unconscionable AND neither of them has pledged to clean up corruption, and neither is committed to real action on climate change (one of them is going out of its way to cause as much global warming as it can and the other, let's be frank, really doesn't know what it thinks). So it's kind of a no brainer for anyone who considers those two issues important. Poll after poll shows that to be a majority of Australians.

Firstly I'm happy to brush it off because I can find no evidence of it on the Greens website, so I think the the onus is on you to establish that the Greens have a policy of ethnic cleansing.
wahoo has already found it, it was included in their 2010 declaration which is still part of their platform
Secondly, I can find policies from Labor and the Coalition that I find abhorrent and unconscionable
So can I, but last time I checked they weren’t currently advocating ethnic cleansing, which is kind of a dealbreaker for me

Shocking I know

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back