Injury 2021 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Post-season surgery list: (For reference)
Hamish Hartlett – knee
Travis Boak – knee
Tom Jonas – finger

Note: Rozee was in a moonboot in the off-season due to an apparent ankle problem, but is now training.

1610516124257.png

According to the article above, Hammer and Burton are the 2 being managed.

According to the article above, Hammer and Burton are the 2 being managed.
Alir Alir is the third after his jaw operation and his jaw still wired shut ... Looks like Jaws from the old James Bond movie!

Alir.PNG Alir 2.PNG

Wonder when Allir broke his jaw? Would definitely impact on form you would think.

Wonder when Allir broke his jaw? Would definitely impact on form you would think.
He didnt break his jaw. He has had Jaw realignment surgery. In his case looks to be a shortening his lower jaw. I have just had two young mates (twins) undergo it. Amazing difference in their case. With Aliir he wasnt too bad IMO, but in the pic I posted you can see his lower jaw is pushed slightly back, creating more of an underbite.

He didnt break his jaw. He has had Jaw realignment surgery. In his case looks to be a shortening his lower jaw. I have just had two young mates (twins) undergo it. Amazing difference in their case. With Aliir he wasnt too bad IMO, but in the pic I posted you can see his lower jaw is pushed slightly back, creating more of an underbite.
The surgery was some months back. The wiring should have been removed some time ago, since I heard him talking on radio pre-Xmas, so it couldn't have been wired shut, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to move his jaw to speak (quite lucidly I thought too).

The surgery was some months back. The wiring should have been removed some time ago, since I heard him talking on radio pre-Xmas, so it couldn't have been wired shut, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to move his jaw to speak (quite lucidly I thought too).
Did you see the pics from yesterday? He is still sucking his dinner through a straw! With my two mates, they could talk fine through the banded jaw.

Last edited:
The Power are flying on the track and expect nearly every player to take part in the club’s internal trial match on Saturday. Aliir Aliir had jaw surgery in the off-season and has recently return to the main group.

"Luke Surman will need to get himself fit first. He had surgery to clean out some cartilage in his left knee but has begun training and hopes to be running properly and joining in on drills within the next month."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate when this thread is activated 😬
Hopefully it's a quiet year on the injury front, but when they do happen, I hope the club discloses to the supporters what's happening.

Hopefully not the foot again why we played him after the original problem still pisses me off.
And surely someone knows something?
I won't sleep tonight 😭

Still no word on Rozee, hopefully just a rumour, or not too bad if he is injured.

In the meantime some other clubs getting smashed with injuries. St Kilda has heaps, now GWS starting to go down. Now with their second shoulder reco in Adam Kennedy.

Stay healthy Port!

Still no word on Rozee, hopefully just a rumour, or not too bad if he is injured.

In the meantime some other clubs getting smashed with injuries. St Kilda has heaps, now GWS starting to go down. Now with their second shoulder reco in Adam Kennedy.

Stay healthy Port!
I've been waiting to hear about rozee hopefully no news is good news 🙏.
Also Wingard has done a calf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back