No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 3h 11m he could fly over to see his dad over in NZ and then come back in a day (if things ever get back to normal).

He’s 30 in June this year, making him 30 at seasons end
His contract expires after 2024 season making him 33 when contract expires

Dusty seems to be the type of guy that COULD play for a Silk-esque amount of time. His skillset is broad enough that he could play half back if needed, forward if needed, inside if needed and most of all he's sturdy as buggery.

He barely misses, almost never gets injuries and if he does they're contact injuries for a week or two.

That said, he doesn't seem like the type of bloke that would want to play that long, so Sydney making him break the Richmond contract and take a bigger one would be a surprise.

Are clubs and players still negotiating pay cuts for the next few seasons due to cap decreases? If so Ralphy might be bluffing to ensure that Dusty’s salary doesn’t get cut as much. If not - they’re awfully odd comments to make.

Even on reduced wage theoretically buddys original salary is in the cap (but the cynic inside tells me sydney and AFL will do a shifty somehow)

I wonder if talks of Dusty going to Sydney is just a smoke screen for moving elsewhere.:):think:

When managers mention these sorts of things there always appears to be ulterior motive, story or destination.

Are clubs and players still negotiating pay cuts for the next few seasons due to cap decreases? If so Ralphy might be bluffing to ensure that Dusty’s salary doesn’t get cut as much. If not - they’re awfully odd comments to make.

Yep, bluff more likely!! Make sense to protect his contract as the purse strings tighten.

Too good not to share here, for those who haven’t seen it(Browne thinks he’s going to “champ” a stranger on Twitter, but I guess he soon realized or was told that Binuk is the head of Analytics & Football Innovation for the Crows. tweets deleted.)

3F7ACC3F-ED11-4440-B033-66BC4A0F9864.jpeg

Reeves about to go on SEN and probably grilled over ticketing.

The AFL have been derelict in leaving all this stuff so long

After last year, they are treating us like Mugs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it means no more trying to trick the goal kicker by standing short of the mark and then moving up at the last moment. One more sneaky trick removed from the game.

The umps better be quick to call play on once the player is off the line or this rule will be carnage.

I guess it means no more trying to trick the goal kicker by standing short of the mark and then moving up at the last moment. One more sneaky trick removed from the game.

The umps better be quick to call play on once the player is off the line or this rule will be carnage.
I can see them 'relaxing' it about week 4-6, following over adjudication of the rule deciding the result of a game.

From there, they'll call it in an ad hoc fashion throughout the year, causing further carnage/furore.

Get Steve Hocking out of this game before he ruins what remains of it... What an absolute waste of space he is

My God, if that is a 50m penalty then I better stock up on remote controls for the tv
Im gunna be throwing a few!

I can see them 'relaxing' it about week 4-6, following over adjudication of the rule deciding the result of a game.

From there, they'll call it in an ad hoc fashion throughout the year only in Hawks games causing further carnage/furore.
fify ;)

As long as the umpire calls play on when the man with the ball moves off his mark, then the rule is ok.
If I’m not mistaken that is one of the downsides of the new rule. As the man with the ball is supposed to get more latitude than instantly being called play on if he moves off the mark instead of being called play on for moving a step sideways.

It’s like the rule was brought in purely to see a record number of 50 m penalties. Hopefully the umpires adjudicate it with some common sense but that won’t happen in the first couple of rounds.

If I’m not mistaken that is one of the downsides of the new rule. As the man with the ball is supposed to get more latitude than instantly being called play on if he moves off the mark instead of being called play on for moving a step sideways.

It’s like the rule was brought in purely to see a record number of 50 m penalties. Hopefully the umpires adjudicate it with some common sense but that won’t happen in the first couple of rounds.

Remember a few years ago when they introduced the 10m zone? Reckon 2/3rds of Carlton's goals in the season opener against Richmond came from 50m penalties.

Or in any game involving the Hawks

Just read in the Mercury that our preseason match March 6 has been moved to Arden St. Covid related. Pity as I was going to wander up the highway to watch them. Presuming that some crowds will be allowed so some of you might like to enquire about tickets.

Should be a good workout as North have a good and physical midfield.

Reeves about to go on SEN and probably grilled over ticketing.

The AFL have been derelict in leaving all this stuff so long

After last year, they are treating us like Mugs
What do you mean "after last year"?

They've been treating us like mugs with money for years, with the sole purpose of leeching it out of us, whats' worse is we just accept it, so i guess we are mugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back