Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Kelly appeared in a recent Pete Evans podcast. If they had it their way science would be set-back about 100 years.
Kelly's defence of Pete Evans as being open minded reminds me a lot of someone else :think:

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Craig Kelly has quit the Liberals to sit on the cross bench. Expect more loony toon ideas.

I don't know if the Libs have already locked in their pre-selections for the next election, but after his recent shenanigans laughing boy might've been tapped on the shoulder. His seat is mostly the Shire of Sutherland (the bit that isn't Scomo's seat) and safe Liberal, so you'd think they could find someone slightly less buffoonish to hold Kelly off if he stood as an independent. Maybe Labor could sneak in with a Cronulla Sharks hall of famer, or a prominent ABC current affairs host...

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
Between everything about JobMaker and what they're bringing in for JobSeeker ($50 extra per fortnight? You farken ripper!) it's undeniable that the LNP want to create a massive schism between the rich and the poor. Or they're just enormously ******* stupid. Or both.
In the absence of old mate Albo actually holding them to account, they're going to get away with all manner of s**t.

Jun 21, 2014
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
..............also those who are pursuing a lifetime of playing x-box and eating twisties at home.
Name more than one person you know who actually lives like this (extra points if it's by choice)

Jun 21, 2014
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
Are you serious, I know countless lazy shits who live that life and do not want a job as there is no need.

Sorry I should have clarified. Name more than one that's not related to you

Oct 8, 2004
Liverpool
Eu7oCS4XAAMQ2kG.png

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
So vaccination is not compulsory as long as you do not intend to go to the pub, catch a bus, go to the footy or register the car?

On Monday the NSW premier, Gladys Berejiklian, revealed that despite the fact vaccinations would be voluntary, her state could make it compulsory for travel or accessing government buildings such as Service NSW shopfronts, as well as giving businesses permission to make vaccination a condition of entry.

I can just imagine hard hit businesses insisting on sighting a vaccination certificate before they sell something. It will be like QR codes there, but not enforced. In fact why couldn't COVID vaccination status be included on the QR code data? That way a patron only needs to scan once and produce the check in if asked.

if it is such a good idea why would you make it optional? Gladys is proposing an optional system to deny goods and services to someone who has exercised their right to opt out of something that is not even mandatory in the first place. Does not make a whole lot of sense and I cannot see why any business operator would enforce such a shambles.

Imagine being so dumb that you don't realise the number of unemployed people is actually determined by labour market economics and not the efforts of individuals. All the efforts of individuals do is determine WHO is unemployed not HOW MANY are unemployed.

Imagine also being so dumb that you don't realise giving unemployed people more money, as well as just being a humanely decent thing to do, is an extremely effective form of economic stimulus as their marginal propensity to spend is the highest of anyone in society.