Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

So in the offseason McKay has got himself a sport psych as well as those analytical sport scientists (or whatever) to work on his running...

That's a lot of extra homework he's set himself. All that combined with us being a better team and having better delivery forward might make this the year he explodes.
Bolton was trying for years to get this work ethic in to McKay.

Turns out all he really had to do was leave :sweatsmile:

So in the offseason McKay has got himself a sport psych as well as those analytical sport scientists (or whatever) to work on his running...

That's a lot of extra homework he's set himself. All that combined with us being a better team and having better delivery forward might make this the year he explodes.
I think his last 3 week of the year was a penny drop moment for him, he kicked 9 of his 21 goals and took 9 of his 22 contested marks - I think he went into the off season with a realisation he could become a dominant forward and then went and did everything he could to make that happen - if he stays fit I think he will make the 40 man AA squad this year.

I think his last 3 week of the year was a penny drop moment for him, he kicked 9 of his 21 goals and took 9 of his 22 contested marks - I think he went into the off season with a realisation he could become a dominant forward and then went and did everything he could to make that happen - if he stays fit I think he will make the 40 man AA squad this year.

I'm also sure inwardly there's a sense of extra motivation for him being a contract year...which makes sense. If he has a big season this year, especially since we're still without Curnow so he has the chance to be the main man, he's in for his first big bumper contract.

We already heard of other clubs being interested in him last year...he'd be in huge demand if he has a big year and is OOC.

I can see why Cottrell is a fan favourite and I love him as much as the next man, but if he's a round 1 starter in an off-season where we got Saad and Williams I think we are in trouble.

Good injury cover, but he's not best 22.
Or he's really stepped up and is holding out someone like Williamson or Newnes (and probably playing a specific role... definitely not on Dusty as one poster suggested)

Devil's advocate here... could be a harder team to crack this year.

The incumbents Dixon and Hawkins will probably still be around the mark. Cameron had a well publicised down year; hated the hub, would have been thinking about moving to Geelong, etc. Lynch could easily make the AA40.

From all reports Daniher may actually be genuinely fit for the first time since he was last AA. Kennedy unlikely but you never know, he may string a full season together and kick a few bags at Optus.

Will the King boys jump up a notch? What about Naughton? Maybe Taberner will kick enough goals to be considered?

A week or so ago my wife shared one of those silent moments with Harry at our local coles (must live nearby)...was in the fruit section where they both went to pick up a punnet of strawberries at the same time and it was like “you go, no you go, etc.”

Said he his hands were strong and was clean below his knees....he picked up the punnet with one hand, easily avoided contact with nearby customers and slotted them straight into the trolley between the 2 packets of fresh salmon on the first go. Also mentioned that his agility and speed in manoeuvring the trolley around the store had improved since last time she saw him in coles.

A week or so ago my wife shared one of those silent moments with Harry at our local coles (must live nearby)...was in the fruit section where they both went to pick up a punnet of strawberries at the same time and it was like “you go, no you go, etc.”

Said he his hands were strong and was clean below his knees....he picked up the punnet with one hand, easily avoided contact with nearby customers and slotted them straight into the trolley between the 2 packets of fresh salmon on the first go. Also mentioned that his agility and speed in manoeuvring the trolley around the store had improved since last time she saw him in coles.

Did he put them straight in the trolley or more around the body action?

Your wife sounds like she was playing the role of Levi, getting in his way... ;)

Finally a new training report

Fish needs to lift.

Just seeing that name nearly makes me vomit so from now on I am going to refer to the former coach as # . Absolute prick I'm mate's with his nephew and my mate can't stand the bloke either .
In my opinion he was completely overrated as a coach.
Hated at Footscray.
Should have won more premierships at West Coast with the talent he had
Assistants coaches changed Collingwoods gamesyle to win there’s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a geese at the match sim from the other week and is it me or does Crippa look like he’s carrying a little too much weight..? Looks like Zion Williamson out there with some sort of waddle when he’s on the jog. Just something I noticed, hope he’s not carrying another injury 🤞

Just had a geese at the match sim from the other week and is it me or does Crippa look like he’s carrying a little too much weight..? Looks like Zion Williamson out there with some sort of waddle when he’s on the jog. Just something I noticed, hope he’s not carrying another injury 🤞
The footage I saw looked like he was moving well.

This is also the first post I've seen complaining about him putting the size back on...

Considering Zion is in All Star form this ain't a bad thing!

Looks fine to me.

iFRtJySo

White men can't jump...

:p

Devil's advocate here... could be a harder team to crack this year.

The incumbents Dixon and Hawkins will probably still be around the mark. Cameron had a well publicised down year; hated the hub, would have been thinking about moving to Geelong, etc. Lynch could easily make the AA40.

From all reports Daniher may actually be genuinely fit for the first time since he was last AA. Kennedy unlikely but you never know, he may string a full season together and kick a few bags at Optus.

Will the King boys jump up a notch? What about Naughton? Maybe Taberner will kick enough goals to be considered?
Look it going to be tough, but I made the same claim this time last year about Weitering and the same sort of reasoning against was thrown up.

The main point is that he seems to be hitting that critical point where physically and mentally he is ready to take the big step to be an elite player in the comp, the fact that he should have more help from up the field will only enhance that.

Look it going to be tough, but I made the same claim this time last year about Weitering and the same sort of reasoning against was thrown up.

The main point is that he seems to be hitting that critical point where physically and mentally he is ready to take the big step to be an elite player in the comp, the fact that he should have more help from up the field will only enhance that.
As long as he's in the discussion I'll be happy. Feels like most of the time, unless they're head and shoulders ahead of the competition, a player has to put out a couple of years of selection worthy performances to make the team.

Realistically, if he's the 4th best KPF in the comp but misses the AA40 selection then that's still a pretty damn good outcome. When you look at the ages of the other #1 KPFS there's a lot of them in the upper age brackets and then it gets pretty slim pickings. I haven't counted the likes of Bruce, Hogan, Hipwood, Himmelberg, Weiderman, or others who probably wont kick a stack of goals, or counted Charlie who's out, and I've quite possibly missed one or two that I should have included. But 4 30+, 5 26-28 and 4 under 24.

34: Franklin
33: Kennedy
32: Hawkins
30: Dixon
28: Lynch, Brown
27: Cameron, Taberner
26: Daniher
23: McKay
21: Naughton
20: The Kings

If some of the older guys drop off (Franklin practically gone, Kennedy slowing down) or get injured (like Brown, Daniher a real possibility) then Mckay is in a prime position to be one of the top dogs of the comp for the best part of the next decade if fitness and form prevails and he continues to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back