Training Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

So how come you have the ranga from the Dee's as an avatar?
Have I missed another doozie?
Nothing exciting unfortunately
Just made an avatar bet with a campaigner on a different board
I’m stuck with the ranga for the rest of the week

Jack Ross looked good too

EDIT: oops you mentioned him already
I think he will have a breakout year.
Also reckon we are going to see Jack Graham go from strength to strength. He started getting so much more of the ball at the back end of last year. He’s always been a great defensive player but I certainly under rated his clearance work.
The midfield is suddenly starting to look so strong with the emergence of the Jack’s and Shai. 12 months ago I thought it was probably our one weakness ie midfield depth outside of the top 4 or 5.

Remember that Cotchin turns 31 this year and his body takes a battering every week. I think there's midfield spots there to take for the coming years so it would be a bit short term to leave end of year. I'm not sure the players will see it that way but Cotchin probably doesn't have as much footy left in that body as one might hope.
Maybe Cotch could play some minutes off half back and fill the hole left by Houli?

Remember that Cotchin turns 31 this year and his body takes a battering every week. I think there's midfield spots there to take for the coming years so it would be a bit short term to leave end of year. I'm not sure the players will see it that way but Cotchin probably doesn't have as much footy left in that body as one might hope.
Cotchin is an inspiration. Contracted until 22. Would take something extreme to remove himself from the club. He's 32 next year and a LONG time retired.
A pity that depth players don't get games but cest la vie. I've watched young Hawks recruits never get a game back when they were good.
One of RCD or Ross will leave for opportunity. Like Markov, Butler, Higgins have all done

Brendon Gale speaking tonight:

Brendon Gale speaking tonight:

All I'll say is we better make finals otherwise the relentless pursuit by the media will send the Hardwicks particularly the kids to a miserable place.
It's starting to be a friggin joke.,😡

I might add Interesting in regards too the unfurling of the flags.
Might not happen to until rnd 3 against the Swans where 99.5% will be Tigers.
Whereas against the blood it's 50/50
Yeh but unfurling consecutive flags against the Blues gives them the ultimate shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it looked to me like they split it into the typical 1s vs 2s that clubs often do at this stage.

So assuming that, who was the long haired ruckman playing for the 1s team?

The player you're talking about if the draftee Samson Ryan. But you can see the rucks swapped shirts during play because he, Chol and Nank are pictured in both colours at different times.

I think you're probably right on it being mostly 1s vs 2s tho, but a few things to note:

- Ross has replaced Dion in the 1s centre bounce team.
- Broad and Ralphsmith are playing wing for the 1s.
- Kamdyn is half back and a bit of wing for the 2s (I highly doubt this is a true reflection of his status. Maybe they just wanted to see Ralphsmith play alongside the main squad to gauge his effectiveness with AFL tier teammates? Could be one to watch on Friday)
- Caddy and Pickett are playing both as wings and also out of position as inside mids for the 2s. Complementing Green, Dow and Martyn who all seem to roll through there are various stages)
- Didn't notice any Astbury
- Garthwaite up forward on Grimes at one stage.
- RCD seems to be running laps around the outside of the oval. Maybe the eye injury kept him out for all or part the match?

Last edited:
Just keep shaming via the scoreboard.
We rarely play great footy early in the season and after quite a disruptive preseason compared to Carlton who will be playing a final in week 1, this game is a lot closer than some think. Carlton are a chance this time around.

We rarely play great footy early in the season and after quite a disruptive preseason compared to Carlton who will be playing a final in week 1, this game is a lot closer than some think. Carlton are a chance this time around.
To be honest they are always competitive in Round 1.
They have a lot more to play for to convince supporters they are the real deal each year.
Conversely, we are on a "hiding to nothing" in Round 1 and generally just go through the motions pretending to look interested.

That formula has worked well and a proven winner.
Do enough early on>>Cruise>>>Big Boy Month for a tune up.
If we put our mind to it we'd thump the bloos.So going at 75% and still winning is shaming the Bloos.

We have the best assistants in the league.
Silly to write off Cotch.
They have reduced his seasonal match time, to averaging 65-75 per cent actual time, over the past couple of years already.
Pay attention to the stats.
Trust in the footy department's professional judgement not posters on BF.
Again, Prestia is a slow starter each year, as Tim Livingstone outlined the other day.
Best to back off slagging off Cotch.

Just when you think you love the club as much as you can....

the club webpage highlights of the intra showing Chol were very impressive

he has a fair bit of leg speed running away from a player( not sure who that was (Caddy?)...super quick for a big man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back