2021 NBA All Star Game (State Farm Arena, Atlanta, Georgia. 7th March)

The starters are as determined by votes:

WEST

F: LeBron
F: Leonard
C: Jokic
G: Curry
G: Doncic

East

F: Giannis
F: Durant
C: Embiid
G: Beal
G: Irving

Commissioner Adam Silver moments ago announced and reiterated that Atlantas State Farm Arena will host this years match. When asked why by Kenny "the jet" Smith, he answered that ATL is where Turner Sports is located and logistically is easier for broadcasting.

LeBron and Durant will be captains.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Solid choices. I'd have Lillard over Doncic, but it's not terrible as is.

The new system has seemed to correct most of the bad starter choices, or at least made it a lot better.

Interestingly though that the fan voting ended up with exactly the same teams as the actual teams. i.e. no Zazas this year.

Last edited:
Solid choices. I'd have Lillard over Doncic, but it's not terrible as is.

The new system has seemed to correct most of the bad starter choices, or at least made it a lot better.

Interestingly though that the fan voting ended up with exactly the same teams as the actual teams. i.e. no Zazas this year.

“Starters” are done on votes thought right? Ergo there will be claims that them foreigners all voted for luka?

Lill will def get in tho

If the 76ers had a record closer to .500 - he would have had no chance.

Yep 100% agree. That one off game a couple of games ago everyone went over the top with. Really Emblid has carried the team to where it is.

Offensively yes, defensively Simmons has been stellar (but as we know, defense and all-star gigs don't talk often).

Still surely Booker is ahead and that’s just one. The reserves are bit of who is popular at the time I get that but so still think Simmons is lucky

Would be true if they were in the same conference.

Fair point but on face value he does seem very lucky there are surely better options. Personally it’s been Embiid and when he’s been out Philly have struggled, that may be offensively but they have.

Offensively yes, defensively Simmons has been stellar (but as we know, defense and all-star gigs don't talk often).
Still surely Booker is ahead and that’s just one. The reserves are bit of who is popular at the time I get that but so still think Simmons is lucky
Would be true if they were in the same conference.

Surprised you weren't aware of the all star selection criteria LP.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Kemba robbed 😭😭😭

Actually don't mind the subs this year really, there always is one or two unlucky players every season, Ben Simmons has had a very good and consistent last month of Hoops or so, so I can see why he gets in.

And very happy Lavine gets his props too.

Still wish it was East vs West though.

The current format is wank imo.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
How did AD get in? He's averaging his lowest numbers across the board since his rookie year. 22 and 8 is not an All Star maketh, he's also shooting an ugly 71% from the line and a wretched 29% from deep. I love AD and of course he is one of the 24 best players in the league but this season his play and numbers dont make him an All Star.

Some big snubs though. Sabonis, Butler, Adebayo, Trae Young, Booker... surprised that CP3 made it and Zion.

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
Booker has been below his best this year. Still meshing with Paul in the team.
His playmaking has reduced, still plays no D and high TO rate.

Haven't compared him to the others that made it in detail, but I'm not surprised at all that he missed.
Rubbish

his past month has been amazing. Phoenix are about to go to third in the west and he is a huge reason why

Richard Cranium

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
PHX
How did AD get in? He's averaging his lowest numbers across the board since his rookie year. 22 and 8 is not an All Star maketh, he's also shooting an ugly 71% from the line and a wretched 29% from deep. I love AD and of course he is one of the 24 best players in the league but this season his play and numbers dont make him an All Star.

Some big snubs though. Sabonis, Butler, Adebayo, Trae Young, Booker... surprised that CP3 made it and Zion.
Who else you putting in though? Next big in line is probably Ayton, and 14/11 isn't any better than 22/8. (Unless I'm completely forgetting someone?)

Don't mind Book missing. Numbers have been down a bit and it was probably between him, CP and Mitchell for those two guard spots. Utah should have two players and CP gets the veteran bump over the line. Probably next in line if someone is injured anyway.

Rubbish

his past month has been amazing. Phoenix are about to go to third in the west and he is a huge reason why
Which bit is rubbish?
1. He has had to adjust to playing with CP which was rough to begin the season, they are starting to figure it out recently but I don't think you can deny there was a meshing process.
2. He'd dropped from 6 AST p/g to 4p/g. I don't think you can argue his playmaking has reduced this year.
3. You're not telling me he's anything above an average defender are you?
4. His TO rate is still high, even though he's running the O less with CP on board.

I'm not calling him a trash player or anything but it's not an outrage he didn't make the team. He's thereabouts with the others on the fringe.

Btw, All star is given on the whole season, not just his last month

Back