Coach Current coaching and recruiting structures

Remove this Banner Ad

My initial reaction was somewhat meh and then I thought what a great way to keep Rohan honest.

I have been happy with the overall list management but like many, our inability to shoot earlier on players with the rough edges has meant that we select players like Gorter and do not take a minimal risk the Kelly. Have another WAFL year.

So Rohan gets under his control the drafting (talls exceptional but mids appalling) as well as the draft picks we need to give up to correct our mistakes.

I would have preferred 2 people as I see it as 2 roles. That said, maybe Vozzo is going to play a more hands on role.

Big questions with Rohan are:
Does he have the financial and commercial skills needed to list manage?
Does he have negotiating skills or can the club bring someone to the table who can do it well?
Does he have the relationships with the player agents to get us the right players selecting West Coast for a trade?
Will he be ruthless enough with pushing players out when their time can come if he was the one who recruited them?

The bottom line is that the struggling clubs in Melbourne have dragged us down to the lowest common denominator and we are forced to cut where cuts are starting to look silly. The sooner the AFL Boys Club address the unsustainability of the current clubs the better. It is not likely to be happening while we have the VaFL running the show.

Hopefully we’re just cutting costs for one year and then we’ll get back to spending and bringing in fresh people.

Completely agree. If the AFL is struggling for cash, don’t keep propping up these Vic clubs. Force their hand to merge or relocate.

Geez we are so light on for staff at the moment. Have very low profile assistants. Got RO'B doing 2 very important jobs. Vozzo the rest. I know there have been cuts across the league, but where is our money going? Other clubs have much more fulsome staff. My guess is that Simmo must be on an absolute packet.

Geez we are so light on for staff at the moment. Have very low profile assistants. Got RO'B doing 2 very important jobs. Vozzo the rest. I know there have been cuts across the league, but where is our money going? Other clubs have much more fulsome staff. My guess is that Simmo must be on an absolute packet.

Our social media team is on the big bucks, and you can see why!

Think a lot of the senior players would be doing double duty + Simmo more hands on. JK - Forwards, Nic Nat - Rucks , Hurn - Down back, Shuey, Redden, Gaff - All have lots of experience with mid setups.

Woosha worked wonders with a hands on approach in 2011/2012 and can see similar boost around the squad if Simmo does the same.

WC probably didn't want to rush in getting a Glass replacement with these cuts and once these cuts are gone i think they will head hunt someone with more cash to splash.

Sorry, general fan. I didnt realise Glass has moved on.

Now this could be fantasy, but who is the most well regarded list manager in the game? For me, i think it is Stephen Wells. He seems to find gems but i am wondering what forums thoughts are on this?

And being we should be able to afford it, what would it take to poach the quality staff needed to help Simmo take us to glory again?

The same can be for development too, I dont know who this is for Sydney but again they have a habit of developing quality players.

Sorry, general fan. I didnt realise Glass has moved on.

Now this could be fantasy, but who is the most well regarded list manager in the game? For me, i think it is Stephen Wells. He seems to find gems but i am wondering what forums thoughts are on this?

And being we should be able to afford it, what would it take to poach the quality staff needed to help Simmo take us to glory again?

The same can be for development too, I dont know who this is for Sydney but again they have a habit of developing quality players.
Yeah I'm really Bunged out that Glass left

Remove this Banner Ad

Back