Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
A wise decision by Barty - Then she can have a break for a month before travelling overseas.
yeah. she needs tennis.

If I was her, I would miss Miami(defending champ.....?, or did she win IW. Anyway). Spend as much time as possible in Aus.

Get to Europe in late April and stay til after the US. That would still be a long time to be away from home. Will be interesting to see what all the Aussies players will do.

Dasha Gav just had surgery.

yeah. she needs tennis.

If I was her, I would miss Miami(defending champ.....?, or did she win IW. Anyway). Spend as much time as possible in Aus.

Get to Europe in late April and stay til after the US. That would still be a long time to be away from home. Will be interesting to see what all the Aussies players will do.

Dasha Gav just had surgery.

I posted similar time dates for Barty in another thread - Playing Adelaide this week gives her a solid three week block of tennis - Leaving after the US Open is probably impractical because you have financially lucrative Asian swing in October and of course the season ending championship if you qualify - Reckon Barty will be gone for +6 months.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
If I was her I would play Stuttgart/Madrid/Rome/French and then Birmingham/Eastbourne/Wimbledon in one block, come back to AUS, and then Montreal/Cinci/US Open in a second block or whatever the equivalent tournaments are this year and not bother with the rest.

Last edited:

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Comfortable win for Swiatek today. Stosur lost, happy with that, however it then avoids a clash between the two which probably would’ve got a night match.

I can’t make any day sessions, so looks like my best hope is a Swiatek/Barty QF for the night session which I can make.

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Watching Putintseva play in Adelaide. Insults the umpire and lines people, hitting balls that are clearly out and complaining they are in. Storms off the court after winning, failing to acknowledge her opponent, as if she has been hard done by. No doubt a spoilt brat of the highest order, who was taught no manners as a child.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Watching Putintseva play in Adelaide. Insults the umpire and lines people, hitting balls that are clearly out and complaining they are in. Storms off the court after winning, failing to acknowledge her opponent, as if she has been hard done by. No doubt a spoilt brat of the highest order, who was taught no manners as a child.
Biggest drama queen on the tour.

If I was her I would play Stuttgart/Madrid/Rome/French and then Birmingham/Eastbourne/Wimbledon in one block, come back to AUS, and then Montreal/Cinci/US Open in a second block or whatever the equivalent tournaments are this year and not bother with the rest.

I doubt Barty will return to two weeks of quarantine which is a total waste of time - Better to stay in Europe to keep up your fitness and play golf which is her second love.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
I do love my Puts. so do the rats and mice.

The only time I felt scared about watching a live tennis match is when Puts is involved. You just know if you say anything in the crowd, she is going to end her life.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I doubt Barty will return to two weeks of quarantine which is a total waste of time - Better to stay in Europe to keep up your fitness and play golf which is her second love.

I'd say her family is more important to her than golf but we will see. I can't really see her going from not playing at all to being away for 6 months + straight.

I'd say her family is more important to her than golf but we will see. I can't really see her going from not playing at all to being away for 6 months + straight.

Barty needs to be away for this period of time if she is serious about her career - Many Aussie sports people are away for 6+ months each year.

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Unlike Indian Wells, Miami is currently still scheduled to go ahead and Barty has 1000 points to defend.

As I said in the Oz Open thread, I think Barty will be broken down by the good players on the WTA tour. She's going to have to add some consistent winning shots and aggression to her game rather than relying on her opponent to make unforced errors off her slice

Back