Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must go back to the OP of part one and see wtf Port and the AFL has to do with this ;)
Posters on the Ports' HumongousSherrin board have difficulty understanding thread topics. Film at eleven.

Yep nobody told the doc one vial is for 5 shots, and one of the pharma vials has enough for 6 doses if done correctly and use the right syringe ...
As Duckimus Prime posted above, the dosage and the number of doses per vial were covered in the compulsory training that the doctor had not completed. I guess it's back to driving taxis now.

Wonder if getting the equivalent of 4 or 5 doses means they don't need a booster shot in a months time. Maybe a bit of serendipity and the error leads to a new case study of 2 patients not done in the trial phases.
The booster is to re-expose the body to the agent in the vaccine causing the immune response after it may have waned over a period of time. I doubt that giving a larger than required dose at the start would have the same effect over time but I'm no immunologist.

According to the video in the article linked below Pfizer already have data on over dosing of the vaccine.

Just when you think things are looking up in Europe the French have a sudden spike in new cases. The UK appears to have got on top of their surge in numbers down from 68,053 on Jan 8 to 9,938 yesterday. Possibly a combination of lock down and vaccination. Now watch Boris open the door to France which recorded 31,519 cases yesterday which is a 50% increase on the previous day.

The Poms getting on top the situation is good for Australia as it means the numbers of infected people flying in from the UK should decrease.

That information is in the online training that the Doctor didn't complete.

As Duckimus Prime posted above, the dosage and the number of doses per vial were covered in the compulsory training that the doctor had not completed. I guess it's back to driving taxis now.

What would the training involve? How to suck out 10ml instead of 50ml out of the vial? I love how it is presented that its something super technical.

What would the training involve? How to suck out 10ml instead of 50ml out of the vial? I love how it is presented that its something super technical.
Its not that the Doctor failed by sucking out 50mL instead of 10mL. Its that he didn't know that one vial contained multiple doses.

Mind you, vaccination does are in much lower amounts than 10mL. Those are more like 1mL syrignes that they use, so we're more likely talking 1mL instead of 0.2mLs.

Now if Vaccinations did use a 50mL syringe, well then I could definitely understand people being reluctant.
Can you imagine someone coming at you with this for a vaccination?

Thats a weird thing with the coverage of the vaccine, you get lots of advertising stock images with a 5mL syrigne like seen on this Guardian article

But they're clearly using 1mL syringes when we see people actually getting the vaccine.
Like we see here with ScottyfromMarketting.

No wonder people have concerns about vaccinations, people think they're going in to be stabbed with the giant prop needle from Pulp Fiction.

Last edited:
Its not that the Doctor failed by sucking out 50mL instead of 10mL. Its that he didn't know that one vial contained multiple doses.

Mind you, vaccination does are in much lower amounts than 10mL. Those are more like 1mL syrignes that they use, so we're more likely talking 1mL instead of 0.2mLs.

Now if Vaccinations did use a 50mL syringe, well then I could definitely understand people being reluctant.
Can you imagine someone coming at you with this for a vaccination?

Thats a weird thing with the coverage of the vaccine, you get lots of advertising stock images with a 5mL syrigne like seen on this Guardian article

But they're clearly using 1mL syringes when we see people actually getting the vaccine.
Like we see here with ScottyfromMarketting.

No wonder people have concerns about vaccinations, people think they're going in to be stabbed with the giant prop needle from Pulp Fiction.
My bad I was out by a factor of 10. Forgot 1 milliliter is 1 cubic centimetre. I guessed that about 20 of those vials and not 200 would fit in a 1 litre milk carton, without thinking how much room the glass and cap take up.

The error was the doc didn't know how much was in the vial and that it was 5 shots in a vial.

Bottom line, it doesn't take much technical training to learn that.

Apparently this doctor was given written instructions on dosage etc. and he did not read it. After 7 years of medical training no doctor should need instruction on injecting into muscle tissue. All they should need is instruction on getting the dosage right.

I reckon this guy will go close to being struck off.

Apparently this doctor was given written instructions on dosage etc. and he did not read it. After 7 years of medical training no doctor should need instruction on injecting into muscle tissue. All they should need is instruction on getting the dosage right.

Yeah, this. Of course the relevant higher authority should be in trouble for letting him out there without the training, but FFS how hard is it to read the instructions on a BRAND NEW DRUG.

The written instructions for administration of any medicine is pretty stock standard.

When I was in ICU 18 months ago the nurses were given the medication to give me and they had to do the math on it to work out how much to give me at what intervals etc.

Then you have cases like a good friend of mine who had open heart surgery 4 years ago and was given the paediatric dose of painkillers post op. It was only when the family intervened that the staff there took a look at his meds and realised they had him on the wrong dosage.

The nature of the vaccine roll out is going to mean that any error will be magnified by the media ten fold. But given the amount of medical errors that happen on a daily basis that we just don't hear about, any error published by the media is going to be deemed shocking regardless.

The written instructions for administration of any medicine is pretty stock standard.

When I was in ICU 18 months ago the nurses were given the medication to give me and they had to do the math on it to work out how much to give me at what intervals etc.

Then you have cases like a good friend of mine who had open heart surgery 4 years ago and was given the paediatric dose of painkillers post op. It was only when the family intervened that the staff there took a look at his meds and realised they had him on the wrong dosage.

The nature of the vaccine roll out is going to mean that any error will be magnified by the media ten fold. But given the amount of medical errors that happen on a daily basis that we just don't hear about, any error published by the media is going to be deemed shocking regardless.
I think the public would be shocked if they knew the full extent of medical errors made in hospitals, many with severe and fatal consequences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that overdosing is a known risk and has also occurred in Germany and in Israel. In Germany eight health care workers were injected with a full vial each last December. They developed flu like symptoms but made full recoveries. Meanwhile in Israel it happened twice.

The Pfitzer vaccine has to be diluted with a saline solution prior to injecting so it is not simply a matter of cleaning the vial top then drawing off the prescribed dose. The link below has some interesting detail about how it gets from the freezer to your arm. There is quite some scope for human error.

Last edited:
I think the public would be shocked if they knew the full extent of medical errors made in hospitals, many with severe and fatal consequences.

Without question! Dare I say it would change the way that many look at the medical system.

What will the media do when COVID finally eases off, I guess they will have to go back to stretching and or inventing more bullshit to sell there s**t services too.

Personally I have grown so fed up with the average propaganda that is dispelled into society now days. I rarely even bother watching it anymore.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't know why we assume that hospitals are full of people who don't make mistakes.
To err is human.

Like any process, you put practices in place to minimise errors, but its not possible to eradicate them.

Without question! Dare I say it would change the way that many look at the medical system.

So very true, as my uncle (was a Doctor) used to say, they bury their mistakes.

Being involved via past profession and going thru it with both my parents and brother, sadly it is a major cluster * full of ego and money hungry madness.

I don't know why we assume that hospitals are full of people who don't make mistakes.
To err is human.

Like any process, you put practices in place to minimise errors, but its not possible to eradicate them.
Processes for reducing medical errors have got better but too many mistakes are due to carelessness, incompetence and staff who are unfit for duty. Hard to excuse those.

So very true, as my uncle (was a Doctor) used to say, they bury their mistakes.

Being involved via past profession and going thru it with both my parents and brother, sadly it is a major cluster fu** full of ego and money hungry madness.

It's sad, but that's the reality of the world we live in. Medicine is above all else, a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back