Rance to Cats in 2021 mid-season draft ... ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco_Stu

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Listening to Yes/No Richo on 3AW's 'Sports Today' podcast just now and it was put to Richo.

Not actual quotes, but close enough...

• Gerald: "Rance playing in junior levels annoys you?"
  • Richo: "Yes."
  • Gerald: "Rance being picked up by Geelong at the mid-season draft would annoy you?"
  • Richo: "Yes! I've heard that too."

Further discussion followed
  • it is likely possible in terms of AFL rules, but we can't say for sure without more calls.
  • Gerard Healy received an SMS saying it is likely, filling a slot made available by Harry Taylor, in June.
  • Scoop says Rance might not be permitted to join the cats as he only dropped off the RFC last year, there is some rule about time between being on a list to be eligible for mid-season.

TL/DR - unsubstantiated rumour that Rance is joining cats in 2021 mid season draft.

Listening to Yes/No Richo on 3AW's 'Sports Today' podcast just now and it was put to Richo.

• Gerald: "Rance being picked up by Geelong at the mid-season draft would annoy you?"

• it is likely possible in terms of AFL rules, but we can't say for sure without more calls.
  • Gerard Healy received an SMS saying it is likely, filling a slot made available by Harry Taylor, in June.
  • Scoop says Rance might not be permitted to join the cats as he only dropped off the RFC last year, there is some rule about time between being on a list to be eligible for mid-season.

TL/DR - unsubstantiated rumour that Rance is joining cats in 2021 mid season draft.
There's no way you should be allowed to retire and then join another team in the midseason draft. That would be bullshit.

There's no way you should be allowed to retire and then join another team in the midseason draft. That would be bullshit.
Don't worry he's finished. 2 years out.

I hear he's having an affair with Chris Scott. Don't quote me though. I don't deal in rumours.

This just keeps coming up...

Why would Rance leave Richmond, whom he apparently has no issue with, then play somewhere else?

This has to be b/s...

Because he likely had an issue.

You don't walk away suddenly from a big $ contract when rehab is largely done and at the same time as your ex-wife is threatening to clean you out unless something has gone awry.

Last edited:
200.gif

*if* Rance finds his way to Geelong mid-season, the rumour-mill regarding his initial departure will go bezerk

Certainly I would start questioning the official narrative of happy-families & start to think something went seriously south

But its all conjecture at this stage ...

*if* Rance finds his way to Geelong mid-season, the rumour-mill regarding his initial departure will go bezerk

Certainly I would start questioning the official narrative of happy-families & start to think something went seriously south

But its all conjecture at this stage ...

Fancy losing higgins and rance

It's a draft right? So 14-16 other teams would have to pass on Rance before Geelong's first pick?

think it's reverse ladder order at end of rd10

so geelol will make sure they're last after rd10 just to draft rance

sounds like a chris scott kinda strategy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See it as a salary dump for us. We are already several young jets ahead of the Cats in our rebuild which commenced in 2017.

Harry Taylor must have been f-cking good the Cats have had to replace him with 3 new superannuants. I dropped into Kardinia Park the other day, my grandfather was out there running laps, and I am 54. 😳

1614234152692.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back